Ross Wilson

SkylineBlue

2 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It’s not looking good considering our model going forward is meant to be player trading is it? :lol:

Looking at Kamara being our only sellable asset out of existing squad.

I actually think King might become our most sellable asset over course of season.

The signings of perma crocks Ramsey and Soutter should be enough to get anyone the sack never mind anyone else money flung away.

Wilson is a fraud far too many duds in his time with us he needs to go asap we cant afford anymore of his errors.

We've lost a lot of transfer value in our team because we've either been too scared to sell them or have over valued them to the point no one will pay the fee and they end up worth even less.

55 should've seen us start to have a proper structure in place for selling/replacing with younger talent mixed with the odd experienced player but we've wasted that chance and now in a mess again.

Wilson had overseen this mess and needs booted out before the next window.

2 hours ago, AGM_72 said:

If you trust the info from fan media during the last few transfer windows, his failure to secure several first choice targets speaks volumes as well. We almost always seem to be trying to bring in second and third choice signings.

Skov Olsen

Veerman

Fulgini

Raskin

Doekhi

Those players would have made a huge difference to our team

2 hours ago, HOPLITE said:

The signings of perma crocks Ramsey and Soutter should be enough to get anyone the sack never mind anyone else money flung away.

Wilson is a fraud far too many duds in his time with us he needs to go asap we cant afford anymore of his errors.

There's zero accountability in the corridors of power at Ibrox. Wilson not being held to account for his ongoing dismal failure is just one example.

Heads should have also rolled over the Pedro PowerPoint fiasco, the toe-curling Old Firm branding, the Scarlet Pimpernel that is the SLO,  the whole Fat Ange homecoming tour debacle, the daily embarrassment that is the PR under David Graham etc etc etc. Robertson should be fired for presiding over all of the above as CEO.

But Ibrox is the place where it doesn't seem to matter how bad you are at your job as long as you are in with the old-boy network you are bullet proof. 

We are rotten at the core and need cleansed. As much as I'm not a fan of GvB I'm also convinced that changing manager (or head coach) will not be any more than a sticking plaster over a gaping wound. 

5 hours ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

4 years in and still relying on the likes of Mcgregor, Arfield, Davis, Tav, Alfie and Kent on the biggest stage, the Champions League.

We are in no position to be spending 5 million on a project left back.

Have needed a right winger for 4 years and sign someone for 3 Million who manages to be a worse option than Scott Wright and Arfield.

An absolute shambles of a recruitment strategy compounded by the fact the likes of Morelos and Kent will likely leave on a free.

I agree with all of this.

Though it's strange how quickly things can change - wasn't that long ago people thought we had a great transfer window.

30 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I agree with all of this.

Though it's strange how quickly things can change - wasn't that long ago people thought we had a great transfer window.

Did you think it was before any competitive football was played? 

I thought we looked good pre-season, but realising pre-season can always be a "false dawn". 

The inability of this cunt Wilson to renew contracts, and not bring in the players that were required is criminal! 

I'd like to think a Dutch manager and coaches have some talent they can scout from the Dutch league. I've said it many times, it's unreal we don't have one Dutch player in our squad. 

They're either all inept or that gobshite Wilson has the say so. Why is he not a manager then? Fucking charlatan most likely, wouldn't have looked out of place in the Charles Green era the... :wanker:

6 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Evander scored,2 assists and missed a penalty tonight against Lazio

Evander, Fulgini, Simons, Veerman... take your pick.

Instead, we are playing Davis who played for us ten years ago in CL against Man U. I can't quite wrap my head around that one. And that's nothing against SD because he might be the best one we have.

14 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Evander, Fulgini, Simons, Veerman... take your pick.

Instead, we are playing Davis who played for us ten years ago in CL against Man U. I can't quite wrap my head around that one. And that's nothing against SD because he might be the best one we have.

Add Olsen who also scored in the Champions League this week to that list.

19/20 £10m outflow net spend
IN
Kent - £7m
Helander - £3m
Edmundson - £0.7m

20/21 £10m outflow net spend
IN
Roofe - £4.5m
Hagi - £3.1m
Itten - £2.7m

21/22 £11m inflow net spend
IN
Bacuna - £2.1m
Zukowski - £0.5m

Out
Bacuna- ?
Patterson - £12.5m
Edmundson - £0.7m

22/23 £15m inflow net spend
IN
Davies - £4.2m
Yilmaz - £3.6m
Matondo - £2.7m
Colak - £2.3m

OUT
Bassey - £20m
Aribo - £6.4m
Itten - £1.6m

So we've made £5-6m in player trading in 4 years. Obvious issues are Kent, Morelos, Roofe and Helander where we spent around £15m total but will get nothing in return.

1 hour ago, theiconicman said:

19/20 £10m outflow net spend
IN
Kent - £7m
Helander - £3m
Edmundson - £0.7m

20/21 £10m outflow net spend
IN
Roofe - £4.5m
Hagi - £3.1m
Itten - £2.7m

21/22 £11m inflow net spend
IN
Bacuna - £2.1m
Zukowski - £0.5m

Out
Bacuna- ?
Patterson - £12.5m
Edmundson - £0.7m

22/23 £15m inflow net spend
IN
Davies - £4.2m
Yilmaz - £3.6m
Matondo - £2.7m
Colak - £2.3m

OUT
Bassey - £20m
Aribo - £6.4m
Itten - £1.6m

So we've made £5-6m in player trading in 4 years. Obvious issues are Kent, Morelos, Roofe and Helander where we spent around £15m total but will get nothing in return.

Wilson didn't sign the 3 players I've highlighted above.

His signings :

Hagi

Kamberi (loan)

Bassey

Defoe  (Free)

McLaughlin  (Free)

Balugun  (Free)

Roofe

Itten

Zungu   (Loan)

Simpson

Wright

Sakala   (Free)

Ofoborh   (Free)

Lundstram  (Free)

Bacuna

Alegria

Sands   (Loan)

Diallo  (Loan)

Zukowski

Ramsey   (Loan)

Souttar  (Free)

Colak

Lawrence  (Free)

Matondo

Davies

Tillman  (Loan)

Yilmaz

His outgoings (for transfer fees)

Grezda

Rudden

Polster

McCrorie

Docherty

Edmundson

Jones

Patterson

Bacuna

Itten

Aribo

Bassey

Middleton

Simpson

Those highlighted were not signed by Wilson.

Without taking into account any add-ons  We have probably paid in the region of £19 million and brought in approx £39 million so a nett income of £20 million in transfer fees.  Having said that his success rate in all signings is pretty poor in my opinion.