Ross Wilson

SkylineBlue

4 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

He's the biggest problem imo.

He should be fucked right out the door. 

Only think he's done right is player sales. 

Incoming but well tonight says it all. No summer signings in the first 11. A side Gerrard would be picking. 

I think RW is a chancer and a bit of a fake.

I thought that after hearing him speak soon after arriving. Using all the phrases you would expect.

Then i learned he landed the Falkirk job by nipping away at John Hughes for a gig.

He got a few lucky sales at Southampton and all of a sudden his reputation went up. 

I thought he was going to be a brilliant appointment but once you dig deeper, he is nothing special and probably feels like he's won the lottery in the career he's had so far.

8 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Defo blame him for the night :lol:

mongos man 

Don’t blame him for tonight, but five windows he’s had to improve the squad, and the starting 11 is mostly made up of players before his time.

4 of the 20+ signings since he arrived have made the starting 11 in over 50% of the games we have played since they joined, only one that we’ve spent money on.

46 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

I think RW is a chancer and a bit of a fake.

I thought that after hearing him speak soon after arriving. Using all the phrases you would expect.

Then i learned he landed the Falkirk job by nipping away at John Hughes for a gig.

He got a few lucky sales at Southampton and all of a sudden his reputation went up. 

I thought he was going to be a brilliant appointment but once you dig deeper, he is nothing special and probably feels like he's won the lottery in the career he's had so far.

The impression I get from Falkirk supporters I know is that he was a laughing stock; the wee fat guy who hung about the training ground, offering to carry posts, cones etc. Then hung about with a notebook, went to college and came back and talked his way into a role which he later exaggerated greatly when he went south.

Wilson's left himself with a double edged sword here because he's signed players that the manager clearly doesn't want to use apart from 2 or 3. He's also the guy who hired the manager who doesn't want to play the players he signed. Good one.

I'm a fan of the DOF/Sporting Director model. I think for a club going forward it's the best way to go. Unfortunately it really looks like we've picked the wrong fucking guy. 

The warning signs were there with him. Look where Southampton went after a few transfer windows and managerial changes under him. Also have a look at where Huddersfield ended up after two or three windows after he left. It certainly paints a picture.

I would love to know what our actual plan is for signings etc.  

Our model is supposed to be based on Ajax but we have a team tonight that average age of 30+ I just don’t see what he is doing? 
We should have cleared out the likes of Kamara and potentially Morelos and Kent if they don’t plan to sign new contracts.  
Signing up Davis and Arfield was very odd 1 yes but both is very strange.