So many things wrong

falkirkNS

2 hours ago, beararse said:

All spawns from fear IMO.

Fear of actively trying to sell players when they had some real value, be it a transfer value on performance or a contractual value when they aren’t in their last 6/12 months.

That’s left us with limited financial resources over the past 3 or 4 years and every season it’s a been a sticking plaster approach to transfers.

Fear of life without Goldson. And McGregor too.

When we finally sell a few players for decent money (which is 2-3 years too late) we’re left with an inconsistent shower of shite who can’t be trusted to turn up for the league games when it matters and an influx of new guys we HOPE will be good.

What’s the point of having a ‘buy low sell high’ strategy then not bothering your arse to implement it. 
We could have sold Morelos min 15m, Kent min 10m, Aribo min 10m, Kamara min 10m, Barisic min 5m.

There’s 50m we could have reinvested over the course of the last 2/3 years.

Yes we reached the EL final but that was a highly unusual turn of events. We performed beyond anyones expectations but the weekly grind of league games is the real barometer of success.

We could be so far ahead of where we are now if we had folk capable of seeing through a clear long term plan.
Unfortunately we’ve been frozen by fear.

:lol: No one wants him. He’s dog shit. Their two wingers had more end product in one half yesterday than Kent’s given us in 4 seasons. He’s a useless show pony. 

5 minutes ago, Davidorrp said:

The team has become stale, and we’ve held on to players far to long. Goldson, Tav, Morelos, Kent, Davis, Arfield and we should have sold at their peak and made decent money and reinvested and we should moved on ageing players to make way for youth from our academy or like Bassy/Aribo type buys.  All the big money we’ve made has been from selling our young players, but we kept Davis and Arfield this year rather than bring in McCann and Lowry, give them games if they are good as we hope, sell in a couple of years for good money. 

We need to move on our better players before the end of last year of contract for money. It’s stupid not too. 

No one is buying Goldson, Tav, Davis or Arfield. They will all go for nothing at end of contracts, and Kent and Morelos will walk for nothing as well I reckon. We will probably release Helander. No idea what will happen with Roofe.  Fair enough we were never making money in Davis or Arfield, but certainly could save in their wages. But could have made modest millions on all the rest if we’d followed business plan and sold at their peak.

That way you would hope we would be refreshing and improving team every 2-3 years. 

Davis did leave at his peak :lol:

As for Kent and Morelos they are only coming into their peak years as players and you can’t just sell players if nobody wants them. 

Tav is already a club legend and although he was poor yesterday it’s absurd to suggest we should have gotten rid of him.

Arfield was already beyond his peak years when we brought him in and I find it amazing anyone thought he would have a sell on value at any point at his age. 

Goldson clearly hadn’t any decent offers from down south and that’s why he stayed on. I like him but he is a bombscare at times and obviously other clubs can see that 

3 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Off the park especially, this board and the Ozgate scandal alone should have seen an egm called at the end of last season.

Half hearted rebuild with another influx of average squad fillers. Depressing as fuck.

Crying out for someone with the influence of the man pictured. Goldson would be in hiding never mind the same league as a fergie.

FB_IMG_1662289941100.jpg

Can't argue with that. Much better content than your efforts on here at 3 o'clock this morning  😉 

9 minutes ago, SPWF said:

:lol: No one wants him. He’s dog shit. Their two wingers had more end product in one half yesterday than Kent’s given us in 4 seasons. He’s a useless show pony. 

Kents value was probably at ita best in the summer after his showings in the Europa against the likes of Dortmund. He hasn't kicked a ball since those games and clearly doesn't want to be here. 

16 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Agree with that but he did have a purple patch and was apparently drawing interest from the likes of Leeds. 

i assume we’ve gave clubs in this type of situation absolutely no encouragement.
Problem is no one really wants our players now.

Should have made clubs aware we would listen to offers on the back of 55.

The sellable ones have seen their value plummet and we’ve had to sell our really good young prospects cause we’ve retain falling stars..

I was genuinely surprised some one wanted to pay 10m for Kamara. Of course, when push came to shove, they chose to go for someone else.

Like I said, we need to be seen to be willing to consider bids for our players ,not say ‘no one is for sale’ and dig our heels in expected astronomical returns.

Kamara being a key example. Cost 50k, probably worth 5m (at best) on current form yet we’re looking for at least double that. 

30 minutes ago, beararse said:

Agree with that but he did have a purple patch and was apparently drawing interest from the likes of Leeds. 

i assume we’ve gave clubs in this type of situation absolutely no encouragement.

The sellable ones have seen their value plummet and we’ve had to sell our really good young prospects cause we’ve retain falling stars..

I was genuinely surprised some one wanted to pay 10m for Kamara. Of course, when push came to shove, they chose to go for someone else.

Like I said, we need to be seen to be willing to consider bids for our players ,not say ‘no one is for sale’ and dig our heels in expected astronomical returns.

Kamara being a key example. Cost 50k, probably worth 5m (at best) on current form yet we’re looking for at least double that. 

We’ve sold the players there’s been actual interest in. Patterson, Aribo, Bassey. We haven’t sold Kent because no one wants him. Because he’s shite. 

did we replace the pace/skill/strength of aribo? nope, did we replace the power/pace and strength of bassey? nope, we lost the aerial attacks from set pieces and defending set pieces so the balance in the team we once had is gone, we're leaking goals all over the place, the mid is allowed to be over run, kent and whoever else  is meat to be back helping the wing backs  but they don't, look how many times kent gave away the ball either by running into other players or a simple slack pass and not tracking back to help.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Davis did leave at his peak :lol:

As for Kent and Morelos they are only coming into their peak years as players and you can’t just sell players if nobody wants them. 

Tav is already a club legend and although he was poor yesterday it’s absurd to suggest we should have gotten rid of him.

Arfield was already beyond his peak years when we brought him in and I find it amazing anyone thought he would have a sell on value at any point at his age. 

Goldson clearly hadn’t any decent offers from down south and that’s why he stayed on. I like him but he is a bombscare at times and obviously other clubs can see that 

Probably didn’t word it well. But Davis and Arfield imo should have been moved on/let go for younger players to come in .  Wasn’t expecting money for them.  In terms of the others,  peak for us not necessarily peak for their age. My point is we need to be smarter at selling our players when their value/performances are at their peak with us and they attract attention. And recycle that money into team.  I admit that can all fall down if no one shows interest tho. Goldson should maybe have been touted out/sold after 55. We kept him, he ran down his contract then no one appeared to want him, we re-signed him and you’d obviously understand why club did it. Decent defender. Knows league, club etc. But to me, he looks this season, like he's ‘settled’ in that he’s on a 4 year deal at somewhere between £25k-£35k a week and to be honest, doesn’t look like he gives a toss. Thinking perhaps he can coast it. Lacks the desire perhaps. So we need to strike when iron is hot so to speak and move players on.

1 hour ago, Davidorrp said:

The team has become stale, and we’ve held on to players far to long. McGregor, Goldson, Tav, Morelos, Kent, Davis, Arfield and we should have sold at their peak and made decent money and reinvested and we should moved on ageing players to make way for youth from our academy or like Bassy/Aribo type buys.  All the big money we’ve made has been from selling our young players, but we kept Davis and Arfield this year rather than bring in McCann and Lowry, give them games if they are good as we hope, sell in a couple of years for good money. 

We need to move on our better players before the end of last year of contract for money. It’s stupid not too. 

No one is buying Mcgregor, Goldson, Tav, Davis or Arfield. They will all go for nothing at end of contracts, and Kent and Morelos will walk for nothing as well I reckon. We will probably release Helander. No idea what will happen with Roofe.  Fair enough we were never making money in mcgregor, Davis or Arfield, but certainly could save in their wages. But could have made modest millions on all the rest if we’d followed business plan and sold at their peak.

That way you would hope we would be refreshing and improving team every 2-3 years. 

Roofe is going to the glue factory 

34 minutes ago, SPWF said:

We’ve sold the players there’s been actual interest in. Patterson, Aribo, Bassey. We haven’t sold Kent because no one wants him. Because he’s shite. 

Ok Ignore Kent then for the sake of this argument. 

Morelos has apparently been subject to bids, one as high as £16m. He cost £1m.

Kamara was going for £10m but Nice pulled out. He cost £50k

We didn’t tie up Aribo or sell for a maximum when he had 18 months  the on his contract. He cost us nowt.

Hagi was rumoured to be off for £10m

The likliehood is that Kent and Morelos leave for buttons in January or for fuck all in the summer so we are effectively 7m out of pocket before we even consider spending money to replace them. 

We’ve sold Bassey when is stock was high and Patterson when a club came knocking.  That’s the only one we’ve went about our business the right way.

We need a major rebuild from top to bottom. Same way the Tim's did when we stopped the 10.

New manager with solid ideas, get rid of Deadwood and cunts who don't want to be here and bring in players that will appreciate what it means to wear that badge. 

Look at Goldson, Kent & Morelos for example. 3 major players in our squad and all of them look unhappy and couldn't give a fuck. Look how happy Jota is to be playing compared to Kent, its night & day and its all about attitude.  Dreaming of moves elsewhere. If your heart isn't in it 100% then fuck off. Treat them the same way fat ange did with Edouard & co and get them to fuck and build a new squad with new ideas.

This squad has well and truly run its course and is not good enough to compete with celtic anymore, its that simple. We either make massive changes and move people on or face finishing second for the foreseeable future because we won't lay a fucking glove on them as it stands.

MAJOR change is needed and in many areas. We have the funds, it's upto the board to show their bollocks now or decide their happy to be second fiddle to those cunts. I hope they get it right and big changes are made 

32 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

We're also hindered by the FFP warning, board are not gonna go out and spend 20 million building a new team if its means UEFA batter us up the arse.

I know it's an assumption, but if our transfer dealings up to CL qualifying were within FFP guidelines, then logic dictates that qualification meant we could afford at least one other 1st 11 starter.

1 minute ago, left winger said:

I know it's an assumption, but if our transfer dealings up to CL qualifying were within FFP guidelines, then logic dictates that qualification meant we could afford at least one other 1st 11 starter.

Aye that might be the case, but it was more about the op I was replying to talking about doing a full team rebuild because "we have the funds". 

Not going to be as simple as that until we know what the script is.  

5 hours ago, stuart1994 said:

Sooner everycunt at the club realises we’re miles off them the better. Hopefully the club realise a lots needing done, absolutely stood still after winning the league and it’s really starting to show. 

Would hate to see the club spend more money though would rather use it all for next summer with paying players off by mutual terminations and spending a big amount on decent talent and experienced players to play around them. Watching this team in Europe is so much fun then it gets to the league and its eye bleeding style of football.

7 hours ago, beararse said:

Agree with all of that, especially Kamara.

I imagine most clubs who could afford him, have 2 like him on their books already.

I've barely given my tuppence worth in the last day or so because I'm so deflated and really have no answers.

The Kamara who played in Eindhoven is worth 20M. The Kamara of yesterday looked like he couldn't be arsed. How do you coach that?

If Gio isn't willing to change his tactics in domestic football, he will fail. It's that simple. His midfield selects are wrong.

If Colak goes on a dry spell, fans will turn on him because he really doesn't contribute anything else.

Colak, Tillman and Lawrence have been great signings but the three most expensive signings have done little.

Davies for personal reasons, Ridvan because Barisic is playing well and Matondo because he is a dud.

Souttars' injury woes are predicted but he cost us nought so...

Changing managers again mid-season is not the answer but if he loses to Ajax and drops points at Pittodrie the fans will rightly turn on him.

Big week ahead.

7 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I've barely given my tuppence worth in the last day or so because I'm so deflated and really have no answers.

The Kamara who played in Eindhoven is worth 20M. The Kamara of yesterday looked like he couldn't be arsed. How do you coach that?

If Gio isn't willing to change his tactics in domestic football, he will fail. It's that simple. His midfield selects are wrong.

If Colak goes on a dry spell, fans will turn on him because he really doesn't contribute anything else.

Colak, Tillman and Lawrence have been great signings but the three most expensive signings have done little.

Davies for personal reasons, Ridvan because Barisic is playing well and Matondo because he is a dud.

Souttars' injury woes are predicted but he cost us nought so...

Changing managers again mid-season is not the answer but if he loses to Ajax and drops points at Pittodrie the fans will rightly turn on him.

Big week ahead.

Davies is/was injured

Kent, along with Morelos and Goldson, should have been gone in the summer or before.

Though I understand Morelos might have been tough to shift because his injury that is 3 players on huge wages that we could feasibly have replaced with 4 or 5 who are hungry to win.

McLaughlin, Macgregor, Davis,Jack, Kamara,Arfield, Helander, Soutter,Sakala,Matondo,Kent,Morelos,Wright and Roofe - would happily see the back of all of them

Huge rebuild needed because we have stood still - maybe even gone backwards.

Club needs gutted from top to bottom  

You could easily add Goldson to that list. Perhaps even Tav. Goldson looks like he’s got a new contract and decided to phone in His performances. Shouldn’t have been given the option to re-sign if he wasnt willing to do so before contract end. Stuck with him for 4 years now. Tav is good going forward (mostly) but defensively has always been suspect. The whole thing is a mess, should never have been left in a situation where 10-15 players aren’t good enough, past it or injured!