The other mob

MisterC

Was always going to come down to a settlement.

They will settle without admitting liability and the settlement amount will probably never be revealed and buried in the accounts in a way which makes it impossible to work out.

It's good for the victims if they can get compensation for what they went through, but the club should get dragged through the coals for it.

I suspect it will hardly make a dent on them though.

13 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Was always going to come down to a settlement.

They will settle without admitting liability and the settlement amount will probably never be revealed and buried in the accounts in a way which makes it impossible to work out.

It's good for the victims if they can get compensation for what they went through, but the club should get dragged through the coals for it.

I suspect it will hardly make a dent on them though.

Yeah, it was never going to have any material impact on them.

Payouts will be a couple of million total.

Going by the tarriers logic it’s like me going and paying someone else’s parking fine for them. Makes absolutely no sense as they claimed they were a separate entity.

Another thing why put the victims through this if they were always going to settle. Regardless who the media portray them that club are absolute scum and so are the reprobates that follow them.

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Wouldn't say they are run amazingly or anything but are astute. We are all over the place though.

You win the league ans sell players when their value is at their peak you make millions. Its hardly a master plan.

So long as we fail to win the league we are fucked, that's the reality. Losing 30 million a season to them is a disaster then you factor in we let 2 of our highest valued players walk for nothing while they get 25 million for 1 is gross mismanagement.

We get a board in place who are professional and understand football we would half a chance. Unfortunately we have and have had frauds who think 2nd is acceptable.

Most posters on here were driving Kent and Morelos to the airport themselves.

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

So out of 12 titles we won almost half of them?

it’s actually showing that from admin onwards it is the reason we aren’t able to almost go 1 for 1 with them :lol:

Edit -

I am going to add to this, you then have 2008 which had we had a competent FA then the only outcome of the league title would’ve been a Rangers league win. 

if you take it from the fenians ending 10 in a row then we’ve actually won the same amount of titles from SPFL inception to admin.

if you factor in 2008 and admin season then it’s arguable we would be ahead, so I can’t really agree with your point to be honest 

My point is that in a period of 12 seasons, they won 2 more than us and by a far far greater margin on those wins (barring the 2008 season which went to the final day), than any of ours. 

Their 10,000 extra seats capacity gives them a roughly 1/6 advantage over us compared to ours. It’s amazing how the league titles over that period also follow that ratio (2 extra out of 12 seasons). 

This past decade has been a shambles, but even if we become more competitive, even delivering half the league titles over the next decade, is punching above our weight financially. We start every title race behind them, because they can sell an extra 10,000 ST (which are crucial to income) than us. 

6 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Going by the tarriers logic it’s like me going and paying someone else’s parking fine for them. Makes absolutely no sense as they claimed they were a separate entity.

Another thing why put the victims through this if they were always going to settle. Regardless who the media portray them that club are absolute scum and so are the reprobates that follow them.

Tbf if they are only offering to pay for 20 the class action is for 210 or something iirc

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

So they join the likes of Michael Jackson, Prince Andrew and the rest.

Pay blood money but no liability 

Funny that they wait till there’s bags of cash in the tin box

That’s if the victims agree to settle.
I hope they say too late and tell them to shove their money as this is already an admission guilt. 

21 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

My point is that in a period of 12 seasons, they won 2 more than us and by a far far greater margin on those wins (barring the 2008 season which went to the final day), than any of ours. 

Their 10,000 extra seats capacity gives them a roughly 1/6 advantage over us compared to ours. It’s amazing how the league titles over that period also follow that ratio (2 extra out of 12 seasons). 

This past decade has been a shambles, but even if we become more competitive, even delivering half the league titles over the next decade, is punching above our weight financially. We start every title race behind them, because they can sell an extra 10,000 ST (which are crucial to income) than us. 

No it doesn't.

celtic park was fully redeveloped by the end of 1997.

Between 1998/99 and 2011/12 there were 14 seasons and we both won 7 of them. The last which was won by celtic was clearly impacted by our financial issues too. Before that we had won 3 in a row.

Celtics revenue was £120m last year. Ours is estimated to be £75m. That extra 10k season tickets (£4-5m) accounts for 3-4% of that and still leaves a £40m gap. It helps, but it is by no means the difference between us. 

20 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

For me I don’t think the 10,000 seats makes as big a difference in the time frame you are mentioning. It’s something I would like to see us do at some point but I don’t think it’s what has resulted in them landing titles and trebles etc .

Years of mismanagement and neglect from Murray which happened to align with them getting their house in order after spending most of the 90s as a basket case is the reason they have enjoyed consistent success since the turn of the millennium