John Bennett

AGM_72

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Didn’t look very developed at the weekend. Terrified for the boy if he’s going in away to Hearts and a Liverpool double header. Surely to fuck we get Davies fit over the next couple of weeks. 

Davies has been on the bench 3 games in a row yet never brought in despite us never using all 5 subs.

Says it all.

I get why on paper we have a strong squad. The likes of Hagi, Roofe, Helander would all be in the first 11 when fit. 

Our problem is we have a poor squad that’s available and we’re relying on players who’ve gone to the well so much over the past 4 years, that their performances are dropping off a cliff. 

We should’ve moved the likes of Kent and Morelos on in summer. We didn’t get interest/offers around the numbers we want for them, but we’ll now lose both for nothing next summer.

There’s a trade off between maximising the fee you get for players, but also not losing valuable assets for free. Currently we haven’t got that balance right, meaning we’ve reinvested less funds than needed and our squad currently mirrors there’s from the Terry Munro season. A bunch of  players who are either running down their deals, exhausted, past their peak, or brought in and mismatched to the managers playing style…

8 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

I get why on paper we have a strong squad. The likes of Hagi, Roofe, Helander would all be in the first 11 when fit. 

Our problem is we have a poor squad that’s available and we’re relying on players who’ve gone to the well so much over the past 4 years, that their performances are dropping off a cliff. 

We should’ve moved the likes of Kent and Morelos on in summer. We didn’t get interest/offers around the numbers we want for them, but we’ll now lose both for nothing next summer.

There’s a trade off between maximising the fee you get for players, but also not losing valuable assets for free. Currently we haven’t got that balance right, meaning we’ve reinvested less funds than needed and our squad currently mirrors there’s from the Terry Munro season. A bunch of  players who are either running down their deals, exhausted, past their peak, or brought in and mismatched to the managers playing style…

Are any of them in the first 11?

5 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Justifying new deals for Mcgregor, Arfield and Davis by saying they played well against Napoli is quite something.

That in itself is pretty damning.

I had no issue with any of them staying. But I'd had hoped they would have been playing less and certainly not in our starting 11 in the UCL. 

Ross County at home... fine. 

Swapping the 2nd choice keeper for first choice because of some decent cup games because our number 1 is showing signs of aging and playing in higher standard than last season is just awful management from the board down to the coaching. 

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

2 things to take from that 2nd part.

£23m invested over 3 years on off the field infrastructure. I take it that'll be the £11m on Edmiston too.

The changing of the "Never Again" and not denying possible sale.

Would love to see a break down of that £23m. I feel privileged that the toilets in BF4 have been painted. 

Not denying possible sale? Wilson shits himself anytime we get a substantial bid for a player 

1 minute ago, Bydo said:

He talks about how we haven’t been good enough communicating about the financial situation RE: European money- and then goes on to tell us fuck all.

He now sleeps well on the clubs financial situation. What more do you want?! :lol:

Pretty much confirmed the money has been spoken for.

Strictly from a football perspective, you can tell he never played the game.

From a business point of view, he doesn't directly answer any of Nick's questions.

The club didn't do themselves any favours with that interview.

I think I read part 2 will be aired on Sept 22.

Just now, bluenoz said:

Strictly from a football perspective, you can tell he never played the game.

From a business point of view, he doesn't directly answer any of Nick's questions.

The club didn't do themselves any favours with that interview.

I think I read part 2 will be aired on Sept 22.

I just posted part 2 above :lol: