John Bennett

AGM_72

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, it’s early access to it for subscribers before it’s free. Pretty regular thing with podcasts etc.

More likely they just made an arse of the comms.

Why was part two not on it first then?

4 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Interviews would be fine if only they were questioned by someone who would not be fobbed off with PR waffle.  Much of what was said required more information and explanation but that wasn't in the script.

The whole thing felt scripted rather than a real interview. They could have had an actor playing John Bennett.

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

Interviews would be fine if only they were questioned by someone who would not be fobbed off with PR waffle.  Much of what was said required more information and explanation but that wasn't in the script.

All the PR coming out the club now is scripted. Pressers, the lot. Graham rules it all where £25k is just to be part of his club. Then add that he plays the fan media off the MSM who he still gives exclusives to. His relationship with Mcfarlane is a scary one.

1 minute ago, skinnymate1690 said:

Fantastic boost in may … not so good in September. Get to fuck 

CB2F4820-B2D2-4289-A15C-FB85A721FB74.jpeg

A15BDC66-FC03-4245-81E2-BE2F0601C955.jpeg

Not sure either statement is that contradictory?

We spent a good chunk in the summer, just happened to be £13m sitting on the bench most weeks. 

6 hours ago, gj923 said:

Player trading is simply not the amount that has been reported on transfer fees. In extending contracts of Davis, Arfield, McGregor and Goldson we have probably spent a few million on signing bonuses and agents fees. Lawrence whilst on a free has probably got a 7 figure signing bonus. Also whilst we have finally sold some players for decent money I am struggling to think where the next significant transfer fees are going to come from.

Thats what happens when you buy poorly as Ross Wilson has done and allow Kent and Morelos to run down their contracts. We might get decent fees for Barisic and I think Lowry will make it. Also if Colak continues to score and he can contribute for Croatia he will attract attention. I don't buy John Bennetts youtube talk. If we have spent as much on infrastructure £23 M as players (although I don't think we have spent anything like that on players) that board should be taken to task along with Stewart Robertson. Wrong way round should be much more on players. The numbers just don't add up. I await the published accounts.

2 hours ago, bassettger said:

Thats what happens when you buy poorly as Ross Wilson has done and allow Kent and Morelos to run down their contracts. We might get decent fees for Barisic and I think Lowry will make it. Also if Colak continues to score and he can contribute for Croatia he will attract attention. I don't buy John Bennetts youtube talk. If we have spent as much on infrastructure £23 M as players (although I don't think we have spent anything like that on players) that board should be taken to task along with Stewart Robertson. Wrong way round should be much more on players. The numbers just don't add up. I await the published accounts.

Ross WIlson is a useful patsy but at the end of the day its the board that sanction the signing policy and in the past have turned down deals or simply priced players out of it. Colak is 29 and never managed to make it into the Nations league squad so he's unlikely to feature anytime soon unless there is a lot of injuries.

Accounts will be full of backslapping and low on detail.

2 hours ago, bassettger said:

The £23 million won't be shown in the accounts as it was for a 3 year period.   There is never enough clear detail in the accounts.

3 hours ago, bassettger said:

Spending money on players isnt just limited to fees remember 

In every season since we made it back to the top league we have grew our wage budget, when gerrard took the helm it went up dramatically (it had to, im not digging at gerrard here @BlueSuedeSambaslol) because we needed to compete

When covid shut us out of stadiums the board still sanctioned player purchases and an increase in wages, we spent almost 10mill the summer of covid, and bumped the wage bill up by a considerable amount

The following summer after a decent euro run, and a title, we not only didn't sell one single player, we then proceedes to add even more money to a wage bill that was already unsustainable, 

Take a look at PSG last summer, signed 3 players all for nowt, but how much do you think their wage bill was increased by

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

In every season since we made it back to the top league we have grew our wage budget, when gerrard took the helm it went up dramatically (it had to, im not digging at gerrard here @BlueSuedeSambaslol) because we needed to compete

When covid shut us out of stadiums the board still sanctioned player purchases and an increase in wages, we spent almost 10mill the summer of covid, and bumped the wage bill up by a considerable amount

The following summer after a decent euro run, and a title, we not only didn't sell one single player, we then proceedes to add even more money to a wage bill that was already unsustainable, 

Take a look at PSG last summer, signed 3 players all for nowt, but how much do you think their wage bill was increased by

Club took in full whack of season ticket money with little overheads during Covid.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Do you know how much ST revenue is? Our accounts for covid year showed we made a 23mill loss, all funded by the board, that was with a EL last 16 run

You said when Covid shut us out as if we had no income.

so now after euro final,champions league qualifying and selling players we are supposed to believe we are no better off,fucking jackanory.

24 minutes ago, Dickie said:

You said when Covid shut us out as if we had no income.

so now after euro final,champions league qualifying and selling players we are supposed to believe we are no better off,fucking jackanory.

The EL run last year and CL money this year is two different set of accounts, same with patterson and gerrard money being different years from aribo and bassey money, how are people not getting this, and since the covid accounts (which showed us with running costs of 74mill btw, that included absolutely bare minimum costs of running home games etc) we have added to the wage bill every single summer, 

11 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Roll in the shot across the bow from UEFA regards financial  fair play and it’s clear we are operating an unsustainable/ broken model. 

A selling club that doesn’t/won’t/can’t sell. 

3 minutes ago, beararse said:

Roll in the shot across the bow from UEFA regards financial  fair play and it’s clear we are operating an unsustainable/ broken model. 

A selling club that doesn’t/won’t/can’t sell. 

Made £45m-ish between Paterson, Aribo and Bassey.

Problem is where is the next sale coming from. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Theres still money to be made on kamara, even if its aribo money its still profit

But aye its slim pickings a bit lol

On 22/09/2022 at 07:11, graeme_4 said:

That one is most definitely on the DoF. Sad as it is to admit, we should be hawking our best players in order to sell to the highest bidder, not hold onto them. Unfortunately that boat has sailed for the ‘best players’ in the current squad.