John Bennett

AGM_72

17 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

I don't rate a central defender who rarely wins high balls in his own box, ducks behind strikers he is meant to be challenging, regularly allows attacking players to get on the wrong side of him, allows low crosses to run past him across the six yard box, and generally blames everyone around him for his own mistakes.  His errors have cost us goals in important games. He wanted away last year (fair enough) and would have moved if anyone down south had come for him. That suggests that he certainly isn't a 'saleable asset'. Giving him a new 4 year contract was a mistake, in my view.  I recognize that others, including most fans, the current and past manager, see Goldson differently, but that's my opinion of the guy.

PS I can't hate a guy who does his best, but Goldson's best is just too far short of what we need.

9 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

PS I can't hate a guy who does his best, but Goldson's best is just too far short of what we need.

Goldson is solid when he has a decent CB partner that he isn't having to guide through the game. He's excellent with getting us up the park, but he needs a solid natural defender to back him up (which is why he worked so well with Helander because although he lacked pace he was a brilliant defender when fit) 

No surprise the drop off in his performance with constant chop and changing of CBs.

5 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I always felt Bennett was a cut above the other morons in the boardroom but starting to rethink that. 

A prolonged 17 minute car crash. To use the Napoli game as a justification for anything is wild, to do it twice is mind-boggling. 

It does mirror what I had been told previously though that the board, Wilson etc all believe this is a squad more than capable of winning the league and competing in Europe. 

Another bit of brilliance in there is him complaining about the reported transfer fees for players. Well the club briefed their poodles in the support what those fees were. 

The annual accounts will no doubt reveal all about the transfer fees, and also about the money flowing back in the direction of Mr Park as loan repayment. 

8 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I always felt Bennett was a cut above the other morons in the boardroom but starting to rethink that. 

A prolonged 17 minute car crash. To use the Napoli game as a justification for anything is wild, to do it twice is mind-boggling. 

It does mirror what I had been told previously though that the board, Wilson etc all believe this is a squad more than capable of winning the league and competing in Europe. 

Another bit of brilliance in there is him complaining about the reported transfer fees for players. Well the club briefed their poodles in the support what those fees were. 

probably true but gio isn't the man to lead them to it

10 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

It reeks to me of Wilson-led dossiers and powerpoint presentations, marketing spin on the squad depth and exaggerating player pedigree, attributes and resale value. All executive-style management speak.

Problem is, you can't ignore what your eyes are seeing on the park, and thats what us fans care about most.

No point having players who look good on paper who cant stay fit or who don't have any output. I saw a stat today on twitter from one of the Rangers Review guys and its a shocking relfection on the players we have signed as wingers/attackers, just as a starting point.

Pretty sure there would have been a dossier talking up Morelos and Kents value a while back (hence Kings 200M chat) and look where that got us, both will likely leave for fuck all.

Far too many spin-doctors and charlatans in the corridors these days.

I have no idea what Mr Bennet was hoping to achieve. Platitudes and sound bites are not what people want to hear. 

Losing 3-0 at home to Napoli was a vindication - it was not. As for the super league nonsense this from a board who wanted to send us to Australia to play scum.

All he had to do was come out with some facts - like what they have spent the money on. Don't think that I shall even watch part 2 as I expect more of the same.

27 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Got to credit the club for keeping Davies, Helander and Souttar out the team so we can develop Leon King.

Smart thinking imo.

Didn’t look very developed at the weekend. Terrified for the boy if he’s going in away to Hearts and a Liverpool double header. Surely to fuck we get Davies fit over the next couple of weeks.