John Bennett

AGM_72

The limmy skit don't back down, double down, describes that interview to a tee

People saying weeks ago how the boards objectives were done after getting the Champions League was clearly spot on.

Got a rod so far up their own arse & can't understand any of the criticism

Only thing it's missing is him saying WATP at the end of it.

47 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

2 things to take from that 2nd part.

£23m invested over 3 years on off the field infrastructure. I take it that'll be the £11m on Edmiston too.

The changing of the "Never Again" and not denying possible sale.

Ed House, work around Ibrox, Blue Sky Lounge.

if it doesn’t include Ashley payment then that’s nigh on £30 million gone.

Sounds like this board will live on the laurels of Bassey & Patterson as the trading model working, yet fail to mention the likes of Kent & Morelos' contract situations not working.

The ageing players get new contracts because you are only as good as your last pass (Europa final) is bollocks.

13 minutes ago, Bydo said:

Aye that made me laugh as well. Fuck sake, imagine he had said Ramsey.

At least Ramsey was a world class player, playing for Juve and had spent most of his career regularly playing for Arsenal. Lawrence has spent the majority playing in the Championship :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Why is it that, if you take a group of men, each reasonably successful in their respective businesses, and then put them into the Rangers boardroom, they become the Marx Brothers?

I think mostly we’re irrational customers or shareholders compared to your average company - outside the emotion of football a long term investor might be relatively happy with the company’s performance over the last 18 months - I myself am raging at them if we play badly once.  I don’t think business people ever really grasp that or understand how to communicate with the fanbase 

4 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

I think mostly we’re irrational customers or shareholders compared to your average company - outside the emotion of football a long term investor might be relatively happy with the company’s performance over the last 18 months - I myself am raging at them if we play badly once.  I don’t think business people ever really grasp that or understand how to communicate with the fanbase 

Yeah but they must start out as fans before they became successful in business to the point where they have money to invest in football.

More likely is that they’ve forgotten what the average punter has to wade through to go for a pish or what passes for acceptable, reasonably priced food.

The basic business principles such as risk assessment, due diligence, succession planning, which presumably helped their businesses succeed, are left in the directors cloakroom when they get to Ibrox and they become bumbling halfwits.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Sounds like this board will live on the laurels of Bassey & Patterson as the trading model working, yet fail to mention the likes of Kent & Morelos' contract situations not working.

The ageing players get new contracts because you are only as good as your last pass (Europa final) is bollocks.

It’s like he’s talking out of both sides of his mouth. On the one had he’s talking about a player trading model and then on the other hand he’s justifying giving out five new contracts to five players with an average of 33.8 between them. 

Every side and squad needs experience in it, but if we are so keen on hammering home this idea of developing players and having a player trading model then aren’t players like Davis, Arfield and McGregor (or McLaughlin who’s no spring chicken himself) not actively blocking the pathway of players like McCann, Lowry and McCrorie now? 

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Are any of them in the first 11?

Helander would be, Hagi would be at RW, maybe not Roofe but he’s be first or second sub for a lot of games. 

Problem is, we’re spending about £4million a year on wages for those 3 and getting nothing in return for it. 

I get wanting to invest in the likes of work needing done at Ibrox and even ED house but when that grossly outweighs what’s spent it on players then there is something wrong IMO , especially with the sales from this player trading model. 

neither parts were a great watch but it seems they are more focussed on the experience at Ibrox than the experience of watching the game 

17 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Helander would be, Hagi would be at RW, maybe not Roofe but he’s be first or second sub for a lot of games. 

Problem is, we’re spending about £4million a year on wages for those 3 and getting nothing in return for it. 

Hagi wouldn’t be at all. Helander is debatable. 

Haven’t watched either interview and after reading the majority of posts don’t think I will waste my time.

What I do find uncomfortable is the lack of progress on things like disabled access which was identified as a priority at the AGM last year yet it appears the money has been allocated for Blue Sky Lounge & Edmiston House which I understand is important for the club for revenue and status but surely the morality of looking after our disabled supporters should be given the utmost priority rather than what appears to be lip service.

1 minute ago, ayro said:

Haven’t watched either interview and after reading the majority of posts don’t think I will waste my time.

What I do find uncomfortable is the lack of progress on things like disabled access which was identified as a priority at the AGM last year yet it appears the money has been allocated for Blue Sky Lounge & Edmiston House which I understand is important for the club for revenue and status but surely the morality of looking after our disabled supporters should be given the utmost priority rather than what appears to be lip service.

He blamed TRF for the zero movement with disabled access. Said they are responsible for coming up with solutions and in over a year they have failed to do so. Another excuse is the stadium itself. 

Never, ever the boards fault with anything.