*****The Official Liverpool v Rangers Thread*****

1 hour ago, scousefc said:

Are you for real? This is a football match, not some sectarian punch up. Scousers aren't that arsed with religion. You could learn from us. By the way, where do you get your information about 'the sheer amount of republican sympathisers' from?  

Yes, I am for real.

Republicanism isn’t a religion you utter clown :lol:

I gained that knowledge by visiting your shitehole city and the locals hearing my northern irish accent and deciding to tell me which side of the Irish troubles they sympathised with most.

Hope this clears it all up for you, you’ll do well on here.

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

They’re both as bad as eachother. Everton have a song about throwing us (Rangers) in the Mersey though, so you could argue they’re worse.

agreed but ive seen this argument for years and it comes down to everton having catholic priests to bless the park in the early days and having a chapel in their grounds while liverpool where started by orangemen and actually having a sizeable unionist support its just the republican element are more vocal (sound familiar).

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

They’re both as bad as eachother. Everton have a song about throwing us (Rangers) in the Mersey though, so you could argue they’re worse.

87289EE5-319F-42D0-8801-B49118FE206E.jpeg

Big evertonian i know, is hosting bears in his mancave this evening. Would show many loyalists up over here. Has been at every european away game this season with Rangers.

Sometimes you take your experiences to heart wully. Come out of your bubble.

Yes scouse chap is a fud but try keep an open mind.

1 hour ago, scousefc said:

Are you for real? This is a football match, not some sectarian punch up. Scousers aren't that arsed with religion. You could learn from us. By the way, where do you get your information about 'the sheer amount of republican sympathisers' from?  

I lived down there for two years, and in my experience, religion is a massive thing culturally there. 

There may not be the levels of sectarianism reported there, but it's folly to suggest it doesn't exist - it does. And again in my experience it's a massive area for sympathising with the republicans / ira. 

16 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Big evertonian i know, is hosting bears in his mancave this evening. Would show many loyalists up over here. Has been at every european away game this season with Rangers.

What are you on about? 

On the 3 occasions I have visited that city I have experienced their support for Irish republicanism simply from them hearing my accent. Every single time this has happened.

You yourself posted a notice on this forum inviting the visiting PUL community to do a march across the city in a bid to show it isn’t a republican shitehole because it clearly itself realises it is. They have even started spraying IRA nonsense across walls already because we are playing there.

Place is a fucking dive, and I couldn’t care less what your newest imaginary pal is hosting 

24 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I lived down there for two years, and in my experience, religion is a massive thing culturally there. 

There may not be the levels of sectarianism reported there, but it's folly to suggest it doesn't exist - it does. And again in my experience it's a massive area for sympathising with the republicans / ira. 

It’s grim as fuck, and fair play to you for living in it because all of that aside it looks utterly dreadful aswell. 

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

This is some weird thing that always gets pedalled by Rangers fans about Everton and its just made up nonsense.

Everton were founded out of a Methodist church. The church outside Goodison is Anglican. The man who founded Liverpool, John Houlding, was originally on the board at Everton. Liverpool essentially came out of a boardroom split at Everton over rent at Anfield. Nearly everyone important in the early days of both clubs was a Protestant apart from James Baxter. 

to be honest mate i really dont give a shit but your probably right i always though it was a bit 'to on the nose' if you know what i mean

1 hour ago, falkirkNS said:

Of course he has 😂😂😂

Worked in Liverpool for years and know both Liverpool and Everton supporters. They both say it as McEwans Lager explained but add in that the city got a lot of Southern Irish emigration in the early part of the 1900s and they brought a lot of the Catholic stuff to both the clubs. Most supporters of both teams don't bother with it but they both have sizable minority that are mad for the Tim stuff.

7 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

You know every cunt fs. Boring bastard

8 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

You need to do some research about the origins of that song lad. Come to the city, concentrate on and enjoy the football, and go back home. 

Simple