*****The Official Liverpool v Rangers Thread*****

24 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

See I don't get that narrative. We played and beat teams as good or better on the way to the final last season. I think there are a mix of reasons for our performances this season and a lot of it is down to how poorly we've come out the blocks from the start of the season. I think confidence and moral play a huge part and we've just no started but overall I think we're capable of competing with the big dogs in Europe as we've showed. And btw we were giving as good as we were getting against Napoli up until the sending off.

Edit. "at the moment". Never read that but yeah kinda saying the same thing.

I agree we had some grest results getting to the final last season.  Unfortunately this time we have not done well in the first two games.

I suppose I am being rather pessimistic before the game in case we get a doing but hoping for a draw or small defeat, a win is too good to hope for I think but who knows anything can happen in a game. 

11 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Dortmund/Leipzig aren't on par with Napoli and Ajax?

No they’re not. Dortmund were nowhere near that level last year.We beat them after they got bombed out the CL for not being good enough.  Ajax put beat them 7 - 1 over 2 games last year while winning all 6 group matches.

Leipzig were  probably closer to top level but got unlucky with the draw against City and PSG. Beating them was by far our best result last year

Its a big jump even if we had continued that form which we haven’t.

23 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Dortmund/Leipzig aren't on par with Napoli and Ajax?

Ajax shat all over Dortmund, and Napoli looked so much better than Leipzig.

7 minutes ago, scousefc said:

A football question! Evertonian mate.

My good man @wully is a good Evertonian! Stick by him and you’ll be sound. Short back n stomping x

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

Completely escaped me what bags they gave out and I’ve never felt more of a riddy as a near 30 year old man walking out onto Argyle Street with one of those string JD bags in my hand like I was off to PE :lol: 

Weird thing to be embarrassed about. Literally nobody would be thinking “he’s way too old to be carrying a JD bag”. 

31 minutes ago, MadSasa said:

:lol:

You’re banned from posting line ups.

On 02/10/2022 at 16:30, MadSasa said:

McGregor

Tav Goldson Lundstram Davies Borna

Jack Davis Kamara

Arfield

Morelos

:belm:

You should have brought a shotgun right enough mate, could have doubled up as a spare leg 

2 hours ago, scousefc said:

My city disgusts you. We are all republicans, we are all Irish and make Norn Irish people wary.

What rubbish. Talk about the football (if you can). It should be a good game. 

Ha it is a dump. I’ve been a few times for the airport and went to a wee shop and they were selling individual toilet rolls! Like what the actual fuck.

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

:belm:

You should have brought a shotgun right enough mate, could have doubled up as a spare leg 

Both my legs are fine because I used to run so much that the people in work called me marathon man. 

If you get an alert from the bank later on don’t worry its just me going round the pubs using your monzo card. 

14 minutes ago, OhW said:

Weird thing to be embarrassed about. Literally nobody would be thinking “he’s way too old to be carrying a JD bag”. 

I’m an anxious mess the now so in that moment I was thinking “everyone is thinking he’s way too old to be carrying a JD bag”

Just now, ElBufalo20 said:

I think you’re allowed to shop in JD at 30. Not much you can do with the bag provided!

Cheers lads I’m glad ive got your support over this traumatic ordeal

But if we keep chatting about this any longer some angry bastard is gonna go off their nut 

Up the Colak

31 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I agree we had some grest results getting to the final last season.  Unfortunately this time we have not done well in the first two games.

I suppose I am being rather pessimistic before the game in case we get a doing but hoping for a draw or small defeat, a win is too good to hope for I think but who knows anything can happen in a game. 

Correct anything can happen.👍🏻

Lets be honest, despite their poor form this is the best we've played in donkeys. Its a team that are capable of beating anyone in Europe at that stadium by a few goals if they turn it on.

But if we're brave, and get in behind, and grab an early goal, we can make it an uncomfortable night for them.

Just be brave Rangers, dont shite it.