*****The Official Rangers v Liverpool Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

20 minutes ago, Dickie said:

You’ve got arfield,lundstram and kamara who have all been really poor lately but kamara hasn’t looked interested for ages and I’d play jack before him.

Well sadly we can only pish with the cock we have :lol:

Went for Kamara mainly because Jack looks done. Not sure he’s got the legs for it, especially at this level.

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

We need somebody who can help us retain possession in a crowded midfield against a team who press aggressively. There’s nobody better equipped for that in our squad than Kamara is, even when he’s below par.

Rewatched the Anfield game. He showed 2 or 3 really great touches under pressure. On the turn and had us attacking. 

He has been well below par this season. But (massive if) if he is at his best he’s exactly what we need to win.

The only player we have who can take the ball tight and transition forward. And that’s also Liverpool’s Achilles heel. The alternative against their press is probably never getting out our own half. 

As an Arsenal and Rangers fan (family ties), I really hope you lot smash Liverpool at Ibrox... cannot stand them from an English point of view and love how we humbled those smug scousers recently. Their defence looks shaky plus they'll definitely be without Trent and Diaz who has been one of the better players for them this season. I was going to say Salah but he's gone missing and got absolutely bullied off the park by Tomiyasu. Go for it lads! 🇬🇧

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Well sadly we can only pish with the cock we have :lol:

Went for Kamara mainly because Jack looks done. Not sure he’s got the legs for it, especially at this level.

Jack looked far from done last Saturday. I think he is a guaranteed starter tomorrow. 

48 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Too many shouts for Kent back in for my liking 

It's desperation bud. We are all desperate for a victory, desperate for a good result and a good performance. We all know that Kent on his game can be a match winner and we are all desperate that the real Ryan Kent turns up, for without him we don't have that same chance of overcoming Liverpool. Yes, it's desperation and we need him badly. 

1 minute ago, Johnnyem said:

It's desperation bud. We are all desperate for a victory, desperate for a good result and a good performance. We all know that Kent on his game can be a match winner and we are all desperate that the real Ryan Kent turns up, for without him we don't have that same the chance of overcoming Liverpool. Yes, it's desperation and we need him badly. 

The real Ryan Kent? You’ve been watching the real Ryan Kent.

1 minute ago, sausagetrunks said:

i would be starting Arfield before Tillman

Not if Tillman is played centrally.

Arfield's chasing shadows at this level, he literally can't get near the opposition and is caught out repeatedly with the slackness of his touch and passing.

Sands' sending off was caused by it.

21 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Arfield's chasing shadows at this level, he literally can't get near the opposition and is caught out repeatedly with the slackness of his touch and passing.

I dont buy that for a second. Playing centrally wont make him break a sweat or run faster.. or make him not take ages on the ball. In fact, he will get less time on the ball playing centrally, which doesnt suit him at all. The game will be way too fast for him.

24 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

at least Arfield chases shadows, Tillman look like he doesnt want to be there, there is a player in there but he looks disinterested. 

1 minute ago, johanvanhentze said:

I dont buy that for a second. Playing centrally wont make him break a sweat or run faster.. or make him not take ages on the ball. In fact, he will get less time on the ball playing centrally, which doesnt suit him at all. The game will be way too fast for him.

I don't know how many ineffective games Arfield has to have in Europe for people to understand how pointless it is playing him in those games.

Tillman's technique is levels above, he'll take care of the ball better than Arfield will.

Wouldn't play Tillman on the right again mind.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I don't know how many ineffective games Arfield has to have in Europe for people to understand how pointless it is playing him in those games.

Tillman's technique is levels above, he'll take care of the ball better than Arfield will.

Wouldn't play Tillman on the right again mind.

We will need players fighting tomorrow and Tillman is NOT that player.

Just now, johanvanhentze said:

We will need players fighting tomorrow and Tillman is NOT that player.

They can't just fight though, we need quality and at this level that's not Arfield. He's just too sloppy and he'd make up for it if he was still able to press well but he's not great at that anymore either.

I think Gio will probably play Arfield fwiw but if it's in the '10' role I'd sooner play Kamara again.