Goldson out

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He has the odd mistake in him. No doubt.

But when hammerings happen he's not culpable the way Barisic, mcLaughlin, ehm Barisic again are.

Time will tell how his absence affects us and how much we miss him. 

Tavernier Goldson Barasic , been failures at the club far too long , we need a new backline.

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Are people forgetting the 4-0 at the piggery, the 9 CL goals conceded pre tonight, all with goldson in the team

Some on here are just desperate for something good to say about the guy , him Tavernier and Barasic have been at the root of most of our big game fuck ups for years.

Is this another case of one our players becoming superb now he’s injured? Goldson has been woeful for years now. He is not a “major blow” whatsoever. Domestic football is all that is left. King/Davies will do just fine as a starting partnership but does leave us a bit short of cover. 

2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Some on here are just desperate for something good to say about the guy , him Tavernier and Barasic have been at the root of most of our big game fuck ups for years.

Yup, 2 trophies in 4 years, all with the majority of the same squad, under two managers 

There's a correlation here...... 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Yup, 2 trophies in 4 years, all with the majority of the same squad, under two managers 

There's a correlation here...... 

Fed up saying it 4-5 years and a team like us win 2 trophies is a disgrace and they three at the back have been the root cause for me.

33 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There's been plenty on here slated Goldson over the years and wanted Mr ever-present dropped.

Unfortunately we might see what that actually means to us given it looks like he's picked up a bad one.

Tonight it was 1-1 when he left the park. 6 fucking goals were subsequently scored against us.

I hope to fuck he recovers quickly cos I've got a really bad feeling that if he doesn't then we're going to find out the painful way how important he really is to us.

It's OK.....one poster reckons it would still have been 7 with him on the park:pipe:

11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Are people forgetting the 4-0 at the piggery, the 9 CL goals conceded pre tonight, all with goldson in the team

And far less culpable than others in those games.

Never lost 6 in 45 mins when he played though eh.

Let's see our other defensive leaders stand up and be counted 🤣🤣🤣

I’ve advocated dropping Goldson previously but that was when we had Katic, Helander and Balogun kicking around.

To lose him now is nothing short of a ducking disaster given Souttar is injured/mince and Helander hasn’t kicked a ball for a year.

5 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

King and Davies were fkn awful with Goldson not there

the thought of they 2 plus sands against Motherwell or anybody is🤮

Not great surprise given ones played about 5 games for Rangers and the other is only 18 and played even less.

Why on Earth Sands wasn’t introduced and they went 3 at the back is beyond me, if nothing else to offer a King a bit of protection.

Very odd that Sands was the go to CH for Gio, he gets harshly sent off v Napoli and suddenly King is the man for the job.

1 minute ago, beararse said:

Not great surprise given ones played about 5 games for Rangers and the other is only 18 and played even less.

Why on Earth Sands wasn’t introduced and they went 3 at the back is beyond me, if nothing else to offer a King a bit of protection.

Very odd that Sands was the go to CH for Gio, he gets harshly sent off v Napoli and suddenly King is the man for the job.

That’s what gio is like it’s random picks at times, wtf goes through his head

why the fuck was colak on so fkn long runs about and never challenges anybody

3 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

That’s what gio is like it’s random picks at times, wtf goes through his head

why the fuck was colak on so fkn long runs about and never challenges anybody

Yep. Had a lot of time for GVB. He had credit in the bank from last years EL run but the daft cunt has gone and squandered the lot in 3 games (celtic + Liverpool home and away)

Goldson going off was imo the turning point. I really feared when I seen king coming on for him as the young lad clearly lacks experience and if im being honest I'm not convinced he's one who will command a place in our defence in the coming years although I hope I'm wrong.

10 minutes ago, beararse said:

Sands is fucking shite thats why