Goldson out

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

It has but we have replaced him with more injury prone players and sent 2 natural centre backs packing.

We put a lot into the Souttar basket and it's been a shambles which many had predicted. It's hard to think we are just unlucky when it happens so often and severe to us

Boardering on incompetence for me 

42 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Well he’s just back from injury then as he had been out injured 

He played a week and a half ago. They love him down there already. If he's been injured it's only been a one game thing, he's done well and played straight away since signing.

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He played a week and a half ago. They love him down there already. If he's been injured it's only been a one game thing, he's done well and played straight away since signing.

He’s off injured now anyway 

The best hope we have this year is to somehow remain within 5 or 6 points of the tarriers until January.

In January (and I’m talking start of January not pissing about till the last day) we need to spend significant money on…

CB

CM

Winger

Ideally we also need…

GK

RB

2nd CB

2nd CM

2nd Winger

But I recognise that’s unlikely in this coming window.

The boards lack of investment over the last 4 windows has come back to bite us, we are now looking at a squad with very little sellable assets and the “player trading model” will fully breakdown unless the board find investment from somewhere as the squad needs a massive rebuild.

This January & next summer will be absolutely vital to our long term future. We need to hope that for once Wilson & the scouting team have a near perfect success rate but we can all see that’s extremely unlikely.

Balogun missed 10 games injured for us last season and missed 14 games for us injured in the 55 season. 

He wasn't that great a defender either and was prone to diving in just like Katic and just like Sands. 

I've no idea why people are pretending he was some kind of reliable option.

The only year we had a settled back pairing we cantered the league when Helander actually kept fit. Now we’re struggling to put one natural centre-back on the field. Luck with injuries in that position has been horrific. 

8 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Balogun missed 10 games injured for us last season and missed 14 games for us injured in the 55 season. 

He wasn't that great a defender either and was prone to diving in just like Katic and just like Sands. 

I've no idea why people are pretending he was some kind of reliable option.

Because people just want to be dramatic and act like anybody we sell is a massive mistake.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Because people just want to be dramatic and act like anybody we sell is a massive mistake.

The story I was told and I've got no idea if it was true is we wanted him for another year and he wanted two and that's why we never got an agreement.

20 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

The best hope we have this year is to somehow remain within 5 or 6 points of the tarriers until January.

In January (and I’m talking start of January not pissing about till the last day) we need to spend significant money on…

CB

CM

Winger

Ideally we also need…

GK

RB

2nd CB

2nd CM

2nd Winger

But I recognise that’s unlikely in this coming window.

The boards lack of investment over the last 4 windows has come back to bite us, we are now looking at a squad with very little sellable assets and the “player trading model” will fully breakdown unless the board find investment from somewhere as the squad needs a massive rebuild.

This January & next summer will be absolutely vital to our long term future. We need to hope that for once Wilson & the scouting team have a near perfect success rate but we can all see that’s extremely unlikely.

Mate, you massively overhyping  the tarriers, yes, we have form and injury problems, but they bastards are no better, they started the season brilliant, smashing the shite in our league, then sitting with their feet up for a week, while we were playing qualifying matches, now they are weekend/midweek, you can see the difference, 5,6 points off them, mon to fuck mate. 

59 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

Mate, you massively overhyping  the tarriers, yes, we have form and injury problems, but they bastards are no better, they started the season brilliant, smashing the shite in our league, then sitting with their feet up for a week, while we were playing qualifying matches, now they are weekend/midweek, you can see the difference, 5,6 points off them, mon to fuck mate. 

I agree but I think they have the advantage of enjoying their football. If the rumours are true then our players have don’t have the desire and don’t look like they are enjoying with the exception of Arfield and Colak.

57 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

That's so untrue!

Just because letting Balogun and Simpson leave was clearly a massive fuck up by the board, does not mean you have a point!!!

Simpson leaving was a relief and it remains that way. He was gash 

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Simpson leaving was a relief and it remains that way. He was gash 

He was really bad. I'm glad he never played a second more than he did because it was quite clear if he did he would have been turned into a punchline.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

That's so untrue!

Just because letting Balogun and Simpson leave was clearly a massive fuck up by the board, does not mean you have a point!!!

The biggest mistake with Simpson is not only agreeing to sign him, but paying a fee to get him early.

Most professional athletes will tell you they are always injured in some respect, its just about how you manage them. 

Goldson is clearly the type of guy that requires a big one to put him down, if only half the other pussy's on the injury list would do the same.