Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I hope you are right. We need some Scottish, no-nonsense, passionate blood back in the team.

God knows what will happen but I'd be happy if he was on a list of potentials, I'm in the dark as to his football and what way he'd want to go, just a feeling I suppose, we'll all have different opinions no doubt.

There’s a touch of Jock Wallace about big Dunc when he talks. A no nonsense kinda guy, fuck knows if he’s be any good mind you.

He’d be a roaring success or an absolute fucking disaster with nothing in between.

Personally I’d prefer someone like him over Dyche (who always irritated the fuck out of me when he was at Burnley).

I’d bring in Duncan Ferguson for the remainder of the season and see what transpires. At the very least it would liven up pre and post match interviews.

29 minutes ago, beararse said:

There’s a touch of Jock Wallace about big Dunc when he talks. A no nonsense kinda guy, fuck knows if he’s be any good mind you.

He’d be a roaring success or an absolute fucking disaster with nothing in between.

Personally I’d prefer someone like him over Dyche (who always irritated the fuck out of me when he was at Burnley).

I’d bring in Duncan Ferguson for the remainder of the season and see what transpires. At the very least it would liven up pre and post match interviews.

Only one id give it till the end of the season.

Amy manger coming in sgould only get till the end of the season.

Dyche is who we need. Set up to be absolutely rock solid and just a winning machine. I appreciate that would then lead to the football is shit discussion but let's get a few trophies in the bag then worry about how it looks. I'd kill to be on 3IAR and fucking moaning that it's shite to watch 😂

I wouldn't be against Duncan Ferguson, I'm done with foreign coaches and reading about how many wonderful qualifications they have from this sports university or how they worked for The City Group blah blah fucking blah.

That's no use to us on a cold winters night in Inverness or Aberdeen, where they shrink into the dugout and hide.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

It’s ridiculous how many people in our support just live off the past. 

Ooh Duncan Ferguson the hard man with 0 tactical knowledge, won fuck all as a coach and about 3 games as a manager wearing a sweatband on his wrist. Aye that’ll do for us because he’ll hopefully scream at our players. 

Madness

The cunts in the dugout yesterday have all the poofy qualifications and experience under the sun, but we're schooled by a wee guy who used to punt gear for a living.

Just now, The Ibrox Derry said:

The cunts in the dugout yesterday have all the poofy qualifications and experience under the sun, but we're schooled by a wee guy who used to punt gear for a living.

Doing a disservice to Martindale there tbh. 

You know what I mean. We need a man with stature and a presence as well as experience in winning and actually managing football games.

Not a guy who was mental as a player and has won a single game as a caretaker, who is also that highly thought of he’s been sitting in the house for 6 months with jobs all over the place popping up. 

9 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Thomson would be my choice as caretaker until the board was sorted out. 

We as a support should not be giving Wilson any ideas like last time.

There's no way he had Gio on his list. He went with the fans choice and because he was free. Wilson is a fake who blagged a job at Falkirk with no experience. He has been lucky.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Doing a disservice to Martindale there tbh. 

You know what I mean. We need a man with stature and a presence as well as experience in winning and actually managing football games.

Not a guy who was mental as a player and has won a single game as a caretaker, who is also that highly thought of he’s been sitting in the house for 6 months with jobs all over the place popping up. 

I mean no disrespect to Martindale, he is a cracking wee fella, who has turned his life around in a most wonderful way 😉👍

Maybe Dunc hasn't received many offers as he is not a 'yes man' favoured in todays current 'wet blanket' and 'snowflake' world.

For a club like Rangers, maybe his type of personality is exactly what is needed.

Fucking hell... Big Dunc..... why? Cos he'll stick the heed on someone if they're shite. 

Players these days being paid a fortune compared to the working man dont give a fuck about who the manager is. They have so many rights they will force a move out or happily sit in the stands picking up a wage.

You need someone who has tactics and will have the players buying into playing good football. Not threats or violence because it wears off.... look at Keane and Di Canio as managers.

Im going to be honest here.

I was sitting yesterday on 75 minutes contemplating whether a draw or a defeat would be the best thing for us to force change.

I don't want to be feeling or thinking like that as a Rangers fan.

I have never wished a defeat for us in my entire life.

Until yesterday.

It is not right.

40 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I wouldn't be against Duncan Ferguson, I'm done with foreign coaches and reading about how many wonderful qualifications they have from this sports university or how they worked for The City Group blah blah fucking blah.

That's no use to us on a cold winters night in Inverness or Aberdeen, where they shrink into the dugout and hide.

Our biggest rivals have a foreign coach who worked for the City Group and is about to lead them to back to back titles when they were completely broken as a club when he took over. 

10 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I don't think big Dunc would want anything to do with working in an SFA league. Could be wrong, mind you.

Thomson and McCann should be assistants at the club no matter who comes in.

McCann has been an abject failure in every coaching job he’s had. 

7 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Only one id give it till the end of the season.

Amy manger coming in sgould only get till the end of the season.

So it’s Ferguson or we stick with Gio? In the whole world of football there is no one else, who could possibly do the job, apart from some guy with virtually no experience in football management. Seems unlikely.

2 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Why on earth would we take a risk on any untried / inexperienced manager at this stage? Ferguson, McCann and Thomson would be terrible appointments at this point for us. 

Correct. We need an experienced manager on a caretaker basis. Wouldn’t be against Sean Dyche or Bielsa coming in until the end of the season. We have a great opportunity here for “try before you buy” 

However I would give Thomson a role in any future permanent team with the potential of succession down the line. We need to be thinking long term with Managers.