Do you back Gio, Wilson & Robertson?

Bad Robot

Do you back Gio, Wilson & Robertson?  

291 members have voted

1. 1. Do you back Gio?

2. 2. Do you back Wilson?

3. 3. Do you back Robertson?

1 hour ago, Gascoigne8 said:

My section was lucky if it was half full at the end mate. Folk started drifting away around the 70th minute and by 82mins there was a stready stream going up the stairs  

I’d never really seen it as empty as it was just after half time before loads in my bit never came back and the enclosures and the side of the govan I can see seemed as those loads had gone 

It probably is time to see Gio and his team gone . I had hoped we'd rediscover the fast , attacking play that saw us reach the Europa League final against better teams , but that's looking increasingly unlikely.  More damningly , we're a team devoid of confidence , and unlikely Gerrard , Gio doesn't seem to have the character to instill that sort of confidence that is required in league winning teams . 

I've hung off Wilson due to not really knowing how the system works . I'd assume that if the manager wants a right back , for example , he'd come up with list , leaving the manager on the final say on who to sign . That being the case , the manager is as culpable as Wilson . But I don't know how it works , this is Rangers after all . 

Robertson , and the board,  can go too . Too many mistakes , from Pedro to the Sydney cup . I havent a clue on figures but with things like sponsorship and advertising I see no reason we shouldn't be getting at least the same as c....c , considering both fan bases are similar . Maybe we are , I dont know , but with the continuation of asking more money off of fans I suspect they're expecting us to make up any shortfall from their short comings . 

Edit.  There's a good few players that can go too . Players gone stale having been here too long . 

I lay most of the blame at the boards door, rather than Gio. The board have made so many errors that I suspect it’s that shambles that has effected the transfer dealings and left Gio with Dads Army plus some erratic performers to play with. I don’t know exactly how the recruitment process works internally but I suspect this is not the team Gio wanted to field. More that he has had to pick a preference from shortlists he didn’t want. And he can’t exactly come out and say that. The Ridvan transfer smells exactly of that.

5 minutes ago, Master_Betty said:

I lay most of the blame at the boards door, rather than Gio. The board have made so many errors that I suspect it’s that shambles that has effected the transfer dealings and left Gio with Dads Army plus some erratic performers to play with. I don’t know exactly how the recruitment process works internally but I suspect this is not the team Gio wanted to field. More that he has had to pick a preference from shortlists he didn’t want. And he can’t exactly come out and say that. The Ridvan transfer smells exactly of that.

So do you reckon it was a Board Decision to bring on Matondo ahead of Wright yesterday ?

24 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

So do you reckon it was a Board Decision to bring on Matondo ahead of Wright yesterday ?

I think it’s more the boards fault that matondo v Wright is the choice he faces.

Not saying Gio is perfect here - the squad he has should be capable of much better performances- , but he has been dealt a pretty bad hand.

4 hours ago, Sket said:

Its now time for protests at the front doors of Ibrox.

It won't happen though because we have a shitebag support who accept mediocrity. We cry online instead of getting off our arses and demanding change.

Do it then, and start organising it.

16 minutes ago, Master_Betty said:

I think it’s more the boards fault that matondo v Wright is the choice he faces.

Not saying Gio is perfect here - the squad he has should be capable of much better performances- , but he has been dealt a pretty bad hand.

The board leave that side of things to Gio and Wilson.  All the board does is sign the cheques.

57 minutes ago, Master_Betty said:

If he had any balls and any self awareness that he’s nearly out a job then come out and tell us if he’s getting players forced on him at least the fans would give him some leeway but we’re all sitting clueless

19 hours ago, theiconicman said:

Well after the shit show that is being served up each week its hard to back Gio. Wilson's recruitment has been poor but we don't know what money he has to play with. Only person we've spent a lot on and not really played is Yilmaz and he's looked good, its Gio its picking Barisic. Wilson also got excellent money for Patterson, Aribo and Bassey so jury is out on him.

Robertson is just a business man running the back office for the shareholders, not sure he's doing much wrong - although match day experience, food and ticket prices show he's a money man first and cares fuck all about the fans.

Robertson is MD. That means that he has a responsibility for all the operations of the club. He's not an office manager.

All the executives report to him. So if a Ross Wilson is fucking up then it's his job to sort it. 

We have 2 distinct sides to the club. Looking after the business side we have the board who are businessmen and fans and doing a decent job.

The footballing side of the club is led by Wilson and Gio and that is where the problem lies. Neither looks to be up to the job.

30 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

We have 2 distinct sides to the club. Looking after the business side we have the board who are businessmen and fans and doing a decent job.

The footballing side of the club is led by Wilson and Gio and that is where the problem lies. Neither looks to be up to the job.

How are they doing a decent job?

3 hours ago, gmcf said:

It probably is time to see Gio and his team gone . I had hoped we'd rediscover the fast , attacking play that saw us reach the Europa League final against better teams , but that's looking increasingly unlikely.  More damningly , we're a team devoid of confidence , and unlikely Gerrard , Gio doesn't seem to have the character to instill that sort of confidence that is required in league winning teams . 

I've hung off Wilson due to not really knowing how the system works . I'd assume that if the manager wants a right back , for example , he'd come up with list , leaving the manager on the final say on who to sign . That being the case , the manager is as culpable as Wilson . But I don't know how it works , this is Rangers after all . 

Robertson , and the board,  can go too . Too many mistakes , from Pedro to the Sydney cup . I havent a clue on figures but with things like sponsorship and advertising I see no reason we shouldn't be getting at least the same as c....c , considering both fan bases are similar . Maybe we are , I dont know , but with the continuation of asking more money off of fans I suspect they're expecting us to make up any shortfall from their short comings . 

Edit.  There's a good few players that can go too . Players gone stale having been here too long . 

Agree with all of this and the current squad is as poor as I’ve ever seen - and my first game was also Colin Stein’s first game. Seen squads with less talent but never with less fight or respect for the club, the fans and the manager.

Hardly any of the current squad could make a strong case for staying at the club.

I’d keep Yilmaz (purely because he’s not had a chance yet), Davies, Goldson, Lowry, McCann, Tillman (if we can get him at the right price), Lawrence, Colak and possibly Sakala (only until we recruit someone better).

Quite honestly, the rest can go in a fire sale and we’ll take any reasonable offers - most of them are wasters with yellow streaks down their back a mile wide. They’ve had a chance to play for the greatest team in the world, become legends - and they’ve underperformed on an epic scale.

Monumental rebuilding job and the sooner change comes the better because every week we dither, the rot gets worse.

Gio's tactics are Brutal and it looks like he is coaching the football out of the players. It's a chore watching us. He has also capitulated to the scum and we are also on the edge of a humiliation under him. No Confidence. 

Wilson Recruitment in midfield is non existant, has failed to replace the strength of Aribo and Brassey, Balagoun being allowed to go. As for Kent and Morelos we have let them run down thier contracts, no idea who to replace him with or whether we should have a DOF 

Robertson been with us for years and thinks fans are customers not stakeholders unless you want to pay for it. Comes across as an incompetent fool.