Tillman

RFC55

Tillman is massively underrated on here.

I would not be surprised if the very folk who belittle him now also in the future go on to moan about his replacement not being as good and complaining we never made the deal permanent.

Gonna be a case of not realising what you had till its gone. 

18 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I would not be surprised if the very folk who belittle him now also in the future go on to moan about his replacement not being as good and complaining we never made the deal permanent.

Gonna be a case of not realising what you had till it’s gone. 

Some people just don’t like the players who aren’t sweating their bollocks off. Tillman (and Aribo before him) covered a lot of ground but because they’re style makes it look as if they’re coasting they’re easy targets. 

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

Some people just don’t like the players who aren’t sweating their bollocks off. Tillman (and Aribo before him) covered a lot of ground but because they’re style makes it look as if they’re coasting they’re easy targets. 

I think it was more the disappearing in big games, rather than their running style to be fair… 

34 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think it was more the disappearing in big games, rather than their running style to be fair… 

Tillman was getting called lazy before Gio left, when we'd played them once, and he'd played a massive part in getting us into the champions league.

4 hours ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Would say Tillman is massively underrated on here if anything.

4 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Same.

Always said folk are in for a big shock if he goes. Will need to spend a shit load to replace what he can do and his potential not to mention future worth.

If he doesn't want to stay then hey ho but if there is a chance he does we need to be all over it.

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Gonna be a case of not realising what you had till its gone. 

100%. He’s constantly top for things like recovery tackles during games, which I think goes under the radar. Plus he scores and assists regularly. In his first full season as s first team player, in a new country, in a struggling team. The criticism for not doing it v the paedos is valid and if he did sign would need to be put right quickly. But the boy is a player, and for £5m is a no brainer if he wants to be here. 

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

Listening to Beale he say's its all up to the player and some have said there were rumours he did not rate the SPFL, cannot blame him for that.

Wouldn't blame him for wanting a move to a better standard of league for his own development.

18 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Wouldn't blame him for wanting a move to a better standard of league for his own development.

Yes, flair players like him will not like get booted up in the air all the time with little or no protection from the refs.

I think gap in the standard of teams outwith us and them has got wider.

Right player at the wrong time when it comes to Tillman. If we didn't have such a big rebuild this Summer he'd be the exact player to invest in. 

But sadly we just don't have that sort of money to through about. 

Not sure what his next step is in his career if he doesn't fancy the SPFL mixed in with the EL/CL. Can't imagine he'd enjoy the slog of the Championship.

3 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Right player at the wrong time when it comes to Tillman. If we didn't have such a big rebuild this Summer he'd be the exact player to invest in. 

Not sure what his next step is in his career if he doesn't fancy the SPFL mixed in with the EL/CL. Can't imagine he'd enjoy the slog of the Championship.

I think he could get a loan to one of the bigger names, but struggling Bundesliga teams off the back of his season here tbh.

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I think he could get a loan to one of the bigger names, but struggling Bundesliga teams off the back of his season here tbh.

Probably fair, for someone who doesn’t watch the Bundesliga do you reckon he’d do well at a Schalke or Bremen? 

Think he might have felt differently if this season hadn’t gone so badly. If it was last season or the season before.

He’s not managed to experience a cup win, an old firm win, a long European run etc

Coupled with a dressing room where 3 of your big players want to leave. 

It probably hasn’t been the most infectious environment - he hasn’t really got to experience many highs. So then you’re just left with playing shite like Motherwell each week in shite weather. Understandable why a player like him would prefer a different league. More technical, maybe less physical and more ref protection. It’s a real shame

14 hours ago, GabrielTomato said:

Begs the question why bother signing him last summer at all then, everyone knew we needed a big summer last year, and in doing the bare minimum we were always just kicking the can down the road to this summer.