World Cup - Qatar 2022

G.E.C.

11 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I find arguments like this tiresome....do we just ignore that in 2016 that Sweden knocked the powerhouse Germany out at the group stages....England play the team they are presented with through the draw....I Don't buy this piss "if Argentina hadn't drew against so and so...then England would have played Spain instead of Denmark" it's all bullshit, you can only beat what is presented in front of you.

Germany were rubbish in 2018. Both Mexico and South Korea beat them and they actually beat Sweden.

England have historically had generous runs and always fail as soon as they come up against a decent team.

Since '66 I don't think they've ever beat a team that was the top 10 favourites to win it.

28 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Lordy!! You can he will be getting it ripped out him for evermore cos of that video. I  remember when southgate made that pizza advert which made light of him missing that penalty and it made him a national hate figure all over again. Actually felt sorry for Kane, he will relive that moment for the rest of his life. Dress it up any way you want but England have never had a better chance of winning a world cup.

37 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Germany were rubbish in 2018. Both Mexico and South Korea beat them and they actually beat Sweden.

England have historically had generous runs and always fail as soon as they come up against a decent team.

Since '66 I don't think they've ever beat a team that was the top 10 favourites to win it.

So what's the argument....if they knocked out Germany in 2018 instead of the easy team ie Sweden on this occasion the argument is "aye but this German team are shite":lol::confused:

3 hours ago, RWB72 said:

Seen a lot of bollocks that Mbappe apparently didn't get a kick? Rewatch the first goal and then he put one on a plate for Giroud /Dembele in the second half

Agreed, he had a quiet-ish game, thats all. But that run vs Walker 2nd half was what he has done all WC and was a joy to watch, the lad is 23, five years off this peak. Frightening. 

3 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

Agreed, he had a quiet-ish game, thats all. But that run vs Walker 2nd half was what he has done all WC and was a joy to watch, the lad is 23, five years off this peak. Frightening. 

Bellingham had one eye on Mbappe to help Walker and often did, but that reduced his effectiveness when England had possession. 

6 minutes ago, ALerone said:

Should of subbed Southgate after Senegal and brought in Lampard, full force tactics all out attack kick the Frogs back to Agincourt style last thing Deschamps would of expected just like Frank did to Bielsa in the playoffs

:lol: 

11 minutes ago, ALerone said:

Should of subbed Southgate after Senegal and brought in Lampard, full force tactics all out attack kick the Frogs back to Agincourt style last thing Deschamps would of expected just like Frank did to Bielsa in the playoffs

Would of should of could of 

1 hour ago, ayrshireranger said:

Saka challenge; not a foul, lad goes down too easy. Contact does not equal foul. 

Kane 1st half: it was a foul, but not a penalty, clearly just outside the box. 

He gets hit about three times, he falls after getting hit on the head/neck and tries to stay up :lol: 

There is absolutely no chance anybody watches that and seriously thinks it’s not a foul.

6 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I can’t stand men crying like women whilst the world is watching but go to agree, fuck off with your camera, same when they filmed Ronaldo up the tunnel, it’s goulish but I suppose people do lap this up

Such a grim view

14 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He gets hit about three times, he falls after getting hit on the head/neck and tries to stay up :lol: 

There is absolutely no chance anybody watches that and seriously thinks it’s not a foul.

Diving wee fud so he is. Up him.

20 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I can’t stand men crying like women whilst the world is watching but go to agree, fuck off with your camera, same when they filmed Ronaldo up the tunnel, it’s goulish but I suppose people do lap this up

😂 Pickford talking like it’s his grans funeral rather than just a really bad day at work.

2 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

Ronaldo was probably being filmed for a new documentary.