Giovanni van Bronckhorst - Sacked.

The Dude

50 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

No it isn't, unless you stipulate something is off the record to a journalist expect it to be published. Unless you have a pre-existing agreement with said journalist. I work in PR and would never dream of sending something to a journalist I didn't know that I didn't want to be published. 

Speaks to your character, if everything said or sent to you privately immediately becomes fair game to be shared publicly.

You burn bridges quite quickly in any professional environment acting like that.

Dont agree with Ceri’s original post, or even taking time to engage with anyone on social media around it, but anyone sharing private messages is in bad faith IMO. 

Is it not a banning offence on here for sharing DMs from other members publicly, for example?

@The Dudewhat are u looking to achieve by putting private messages into the public domain?

Your saying he didn't ask for it to be off the record doesn't wash tbh. 

Surely a private message is exactly that? You've tried to throw him under the bus and it's piss poor 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

@The Dudewhat are u looking to achieve by putting private messages into the public domain?

Surely a private message is exactly that? You've tried to throw him under the bus and it's piss poor 

He is a known Journo. He is lucky it's not going into an article, if it indeed is not.

If he is still employed by Rangers, then he should be looking at fucking disciplinary action for being so stupid as to actually DM a journo in the first place if he didn't get consent.

It's literally how journos get stories.

The only thing you can really have a dig at @the dude for is that he put it on here for people to see rather than sticking it in an article and getting paid for it.

Just now, KingKirk said:

Responding to someone who asked me what he said.

Nope, it's only private if you ask for it to be private. If someone offers up unsolicited information/comments, then unless they say otherwise, it's on the record.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

He is a known Journo. He is lucky it's not going into an article, if it indeed is not.

If he is still employed by Rangers, then he should be looking at fucking disciplinary action for being so stupid as to actually DM a journo in the first place if he didn't get consent.

The only thing you can really have a dig at @the dude for is that he put it on here for people to see rather than sticking it in an article and getting paid for it.

If I wasn't doing shit loads of video editing today, I probably would

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

He put they guys private messages out in the public demain why? No need 

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Responding to someone who asked me what he said.

Nope, it's only private if you ask for it to be private. If someone offers up unsolicited information/comments, then unless they say otherwise, it's on the record.

He has private messaged you of course it supposed to remain private ffs. 

If it wasn't meant to be private why hasn't he just posted it directly on his account? 

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

He put they guys private messages out in the public demain why? No need 

He is a Journo! He literally sent a Journo a direct message.

It's no like he has hacked his fucking phone.

You should not send Journos or anyone for that matter, direct messages that you don't want getting out.

On here there are rules against it, but not on twitter.

Stupid thing to do.

He has private messaged you of course it supposed to remain private ffs. 

If it wasn't meant to be private why hasn't he just posted it directly on his account? 

If he wanted it to remain private he should have made that clear. Simply sending it via DM on Twitter doesn't mean it's off the record. Same if he'd sent me it via whatsapp, email or text message. If he didn't want it out there then either make that clear or don't send unsolicited messages to a journo on Twitter.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

He is a Journo! He literally sent a Journo a direct message.

It's no like he has hacked his fucking phone.

You should not send Journos or anyone for that matter, direct messages that you don't want getting out.

On here there are rules against it, but not on twitter.

Stupid thing to do.

What's he's a jurno gotta do about anything it's a private message and should be treated as such. Write a article but don't screenshot private messages and post them online. 

Just now, KingKirk said:

What's he's a jurno gotta do about anything it's a private message and should be treated as such. Write a article but don't screenshot private messages and post them online. 

What's the difference? Any article would include the quotes from the DMs.

I don't really see how putting it in an article, which he is perfectly entitled if not expected to do, would be any less damaging.

Putting it on here is surely less damaging than putting it into an actual official article, no?

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If he wanted it to remain private he should have made that clear. Simply sending it via DM on Twitter doesn't mean it's off the record. Same if he'd sent me it via whatsapp, email or text message. If he didn't want it out there then either make that clear or don't send unsolicited messages to a journo on Twitter.

Scumbag behaviour mate. Make it known how about show him about of respect and don't screenshot private messages and posting them online. 

Why do you need a private conversation made public? 

Just now, KingKirk said:

Scumbag behaviour mate. Make it known how about show him about of respect and don't screenshot private messages and posting them online. 

Why do you need a private conversation made public? 

I showed him respect by accurately representing what he said.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What's the difference? Any article would include the quotes from the DMs.

The fact that you can’t tell the difference says it all.

Direct = person to person = him to you = not the whole world, just direct to you

Poor show and will only result in even more doors closing for you.

Dear, dear