Ryan Kent

scottyc06

Think Beale gets the best out of him! First half tonight was the best I’ve see him in well over a year! Drifted right out the game for the majority of the second half, though was the drive that got both goals! Would love to know what the stumbling blocks are with him in regards to a new deal! 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Much better. Only one that took real responsibility to make something happen near the end, followed by Tillman for the winner.

Em. And Arfield? And Goldson was all over the pitch in the last 10 minutes. 

I am not Goldsons biggest fan but he was doing everything to get more bodies into the box. Even operating on the right wing at times 

Just now, Bakbear said:

I am not Goldsons biggest fan but he was doing everything to get more bodies into the box. Even operating on the right wing at times 

Arfield got the two goals, but wasn’t really creating anything as such.

1 minute ago, Bakbear said:

Goldson does my fucking box in!! He wasn’t bad tonight but he literally passed the ball out the pitch then had a pop at others for it 🤣

Just now, graeme_4 said:

He was running all over the place. He did a lung busting run back to try and chase an Aberdeen breakaway and then was back up the field. 

His runs from midfield are his trade mark and that breaking of the lines is just as important as what Kent and Tillman do. It gives them someone to hit. He had two big. Janice’s before scoring his two and all 4 chances are created because of his runs and his anticipation. 

2 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Goldson does my fucking box in!! He wasn’t bad tonight but he literally passed the ball out the pitch then had a pop at others for it 🤣

Hasn’t played football in 2 months. Hasn’t trained much at all. Still put in 97 minutes and is running hard right up to the end. 

Thank fuck he was in there today instead of Lundstram. And hope to fuck Davies stays fit alongside him 

Just now, Bakbear said:

Hasn’t played football in 2 months. Hasn’t trained much at all. Still put in 97 minutes and is running hard right up to the end. 

Thank fuck he was in there today instead of Lundstram. And hope to fuck Davies stays fit alongside him 

I’m not doubting that.. he’s our best defender, he’s just brutal! Always some other cunts fault! 

The boy can fucking play and I look forward to seeing him grow in confidence under Beale. He never hides, ever. Considering he’s out of contract at the end of season he could have completely downed tools in the same way Morelos has but fair play to the boy for continuing to show up and trying to make it happen. It’s not easy being that kind of player so much harder to create than it is to destroy. 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

He was never resigning under Gio. He might under Beale and I hope he does. 

But fuck knows, why a player with his skill still can't shoot. Especially the one in the first half, but not a bad shot at the end

Resigning and re-singing are two totally different things 🤣 Had me wondering why you thought he would chuck it under Beale but not Gio there! 

Started off so well him and Kamara, could see in the second half they made changes to try and stifle him that worked to a degree. Still didn’t stop and never hid, If Beale can get him back to his best would have no hesitation in him staying, Morelos on the other hand…

Beale is obviously giving Kent a free role and using him as a playmaker.

Fits his abilities much better than keeping him tight on the left wing where opposition players can double up on him and limit the space he has to operate in. 

There has been a vast improvement in his contribution in the space of a mere 2 games.

I hope as Kent improves in that role his confidence will rerurn. That will make him more effective for us, happier and more likely to sign a new contract imo. 

MB is playing a blinder there. 

30 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Arfield can have a dire game yet still pop up and score the goal that breaks the opposition. 

He is great at timing late runs and poaching in the 6 yard  box. Underestimated by some of our support. 

31 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He was never re-signing under Gio. He might under Beale and I hope he does. 

But fuck knows, why a player with his skill still can't shoot. Especially the one in the first half, but not a bad shot at the end

His shooting accuracy baffles me too. He is more likely to score a wondergoal than a sitter.

It's  infuriating, but if you play to his strengths he will provide loads of assists every season. 

I don't really care who scores as long as we win. 

27 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Resigning and re-singing are two totally different things 🤣 Had me wondering why you thought he would chuck it under Beale but not Gio there! 

Tbf re-singing is an even less clear third option 

Second half he seemed to move back to the left wing for a period before the end. Had a few nice bits where he put Devine away but no end product. But there was a lot of the cut inside/shown inside and get dispossessed.

It just looks night and day when he is more central. Because his biggest attribute is his ability to go both ways at pace. And that’s totally nullified if he’s glued to the touch line like he was for the most part under Gio.