*****The Official Rangers v Aberdeen Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Why must everything be about statistics? Watch the game with your eyes. Sometimes Colak can go 30 minutes without touching the ball. He had a great purple patch for sure, but I still say Morelos contributes more in a game. I'm not bumming up Morelos. He has been mostly awful.

As I said, maybe the answer lies in Roofe.

Goals win games, that’s why.

I do and Morelos is pish now. Contributes heehaw. Same amount of goals as Lundstram from a Rangers CF.

I think Roofe is the best of the 3, but made of weetabix unfortunately. 

5 hours ago, Drunken Heathen said:

asda car park or is that a bit far?

but there are plenty of streets around its just pot luck getting a space

The hardest bit is getting in to a nearby pub (not that the driver should be drinking obviously). Get there early and you'll get a space and get you and your passengers in to a pub without queuing for ages.

31 minutes ago, Assegai said:

Beale tackled head on that Sands has been playing out of position and that he wants to give him a go in his preferred one.

What is his preferred position? He’s too small and reckless for a CB. And not good enough on either side of the ball for a CM

51 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

What is his preferred position? He’s too small and reckless for a CB. And not good enough on either side of the ball for a CM

Height is not his problem. He’s 6’1” 😂

He is not overly skinny either. He’s by no means stacked but that doesn’t necessarily translate to being a good centre back either… as mass slows you down.

There’s plenty of smaller centerbacks than him out there who are doing just fine.

he just doesn’t have the discipline or awareness to be a center back. 

1 hour ago, Iakona said:

Height is not his problem. He’s 6’1” 😂

He is not overly skinny either. He’s by no means stacked but that doesn’t necessarily translate to being a good centre back either… as mass slows you down.

There’s plenty of smaller centerbacks than him out there who are doing just fine.

he just doesn’t have the discipline or awareness to be a center back. 

6 ‘1 isn’ttall for a CB these days. Add in the fact that that he doesn’t have a great leap and generally isn’t strong in the air.

King is also slightly on the small side for a cb. Which is fine if there’s enough aerial ability elsewhere in the team (next to a big CB, a good keeper that comes from crosses etc).

We ship a silly amount of goals from crosses and set piece. It’s an area spl teams will always target so we need horses for courses somewhat. Don’t think it would make sense to carry 2 slightly below average CB in that regard.

But more generally he’s just fairly average. A competent player for Hearts is maybe about his level. We shouldn’t even be entertaining spending money on him