*****The Official Rangers v Aberdeen Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

5 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Honestly the best thing about us winning trophies again will be people shutting up about the managers/players press conferences. 

I actually preferred when we weren't doing them as much under Gio, was just a couple of minutes interview on RTV.

Mind you, Gio didn't say much - Beale talks for 20-25 minutes.

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

Just find it tedious that people pretend to care when things aren't going well, it's just another stick to beat people with. Never once heard anything about Gio being poor with the media until the wheels came off then every press conference he he got slated for. 

Works the other way as well tbf, the consensus on here after 6 weeks was Warburton would be a future England manager because he spoke so well about football.

People read too much into press conferences if I'm being honest. 

They're really only useful for new players, or injury updates etc.

Rinse and repeat for the most of them, long as we beat these sheep shagging cunts then I'm happy.

2 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

People read too much into press conferences if I'm being honest. 

They're really only useful for new players, or injury updates etc.

Rinse and repeat for the most of them, long as we beat these sheep shagging cunts then I'm happy.

Aye, will happen to Beale as soon as he goes through a sticky patch as well. Same people saying he speaks so well will be slaughtering him for using buzzwords etc in no time.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

players from all the clubs in the semis done today at hampden and the four managers tomorrow

Surely from a logistical and financial point of view, it'd have made more sense to do that all today, even if they just filmed the managers and released the stuff tomorrow.

Cameras etc recording equipment back and forward to Hampden twice.

Seems a lot of running about for journalists, media folk etc 

1 hour ago, Loyal72 said:

Surely from a logistical and financial point of view, it'd have made more sense to do that all today, even if they just filmed the managers and released the stuff tomorrow.

Cameras etc recording equipment back and forward to Hampden twice.

Seems a lot of running about for journalists, media folk etc 

8 sets of interviews, pictures etc is undoable in an afternoon

Morelos is his own worst enemy at times, but he is still a far better player than Colak.

Colak went through a brief spell where everything went in, but he has done virtually nothing in his last 6 or 7 outings. I think he is very limited as a player.

The key in all of this could be Roofe. If he gets a run of games, he will score.

Morelos to start.

25 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Scored against Aberdeen 4 games ago (for him) and has only had 45 mins under Beale.

For a guy that lethal in front of goal let’s give him some time to get fit and firing again.

Has 14 in 25 appearances, vs Morelos who has 5 in 25. 

Why must everything be about statistics? Watch the game with your eyes. Sometimes Colak can go 30 minutes without touching the ball. He had a great purple patch for sure, but I still say Morelos contributes more in a game. I'm not bumming up Morelos. He has been mostly awful.

As I said, maybe the answer lies in Roofe.

4 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

Does he not actually recognise they are different types of players. Colak is more a penalty box striker although has developed the deeper part of his game since joining us. Morelos contributes a lot more to the team by dropping deep, collecting the ball and bringjng others into play. As a defender Colak is probably the more difficult to defend against in the 6 yard box than morelos but that doesnt make him the better player.