Serious question about Aberdeen??

El Buffalo

I’ve no doubt that some of their fans want us to lose more than they want their own team to win. As for their players, I think that as soon as they let in a goal against celtic they know they’re done and give up, whereas against us they'll still try just as hard if we score.

In their last 13 against Aberdeen they've won by more than one goal three times and drew twice.

Against us in the last 13 we've beat them 5-0, 4-0 x2 and once 4-1. We've drawn 4 times to them. In 4 of those games we drew the first after being 2-0 up playing brilliantly went to chuck it away. WE were pish in the 0-0 after Xmas 2019, the 2-2 in 2021 at Ibrox we started off sluggish and the 1-1 last year at pittodrie we were utter shit yet again.

Say what you want about aberdeen but we've tanked them just as many times as them over the last 3/4 years and the majority of games we've slipped up against them it's about what we haven't done rather than what Aberdeen have done.

5 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

In their last 13 against Aberdeen they've won by more than one goal three times and drew twice.

Against us in the last 13 we've beat them 5-0, 4-0 x2 and once 4-1. We've drawn 4 times to them. In 4 of those games we drew the first after being 2-0 up playing brilliantly went to chuck it away. WE were pish in the 0-0 after Xmas 2019, the 2-2 in 2021 at Ibrox we started off sluggish and the 1-1 last year at pittodrie we were utter shit yet again.

Say what you want about aberdeen but we've tanked them just as many times as them over the last 3/4 years and the majority of games we've slipped up against them it's about what we haven't done rather than what Aberdeen have done.

What about stats for Rangers or Celtic defeats since we came back up?

It was Alex Ferguson that started it. His documentary on Amazon talks about how he was so driven to beat Rangers. He was bitter at the way he felt treated by the club and was absolutely determined to beat us. 

Made his team hate Rangers, the fans followed and it’s just snowballed since then. They absolutely hate us. Fuck them. 

I’ve been up here 30 years and their season literally revolves around fixtures against us.  I hear little to nothing about their weekly games but give it 2 to 3 weeks when up against us they start talking about it.  
I’ve said a few times before, it pisses them off even more when I tell them there is no rivalry.  It’s a one way thing.  
Love beating them? Yip, but that’s just because it hurts them so much.  But rivalry, geez peace.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

What about stats for Rangers or celtic defeats since we came back up?

Aye that is a bit different. Beat us 5 times and celtic once. Twice in our first season back up when we were rotten and they were better than they are now. Another two of the wins were in cup competitions where I'd say the motivation to get through, or in one case a final, is just as high as beating us.

The only thing more certain in life than death and taxes is the sheep getting beat by the taigs. Been inevitable for years now. They're probably taking the earlier result as a "win" seeing as hibs humped them by even more than celtic did

I lived up in Aberdeen for a bit.

They do probably see us as their main rivals, but they have absolutely no love for Celtic and generally dislike them as an institution but.... they just don't see them as rivals the same way. 

Personally I liken Aberdeens rivalry with Rangers, to Scotland's with England. It's, for the most part, a one way rivalry.

17 minutes ago, Badger said:

I lived up in Aberdeen for a bit.

They do probably see us as their main rivals, but they have absolutely no love for celtic and generally dislike them as an institution but.... they just don't see them as rivals the same way. 

Personally I liken Aberdeens rivalry with Rangers, to Scotland's with England. It's, for the most part, a one way rivalry.

You need to have a look at their forum , they actually praise the tims on there , and its the same every time they get the usual humping.