Rangers tour

stevemac

1 minute ago, bikerblue said:

Done it 2 weeks ago. Loved it 

Honestly really impressed. Wife got me it for Xmas and I thought what's the point, I go to Ibrox regular, totally different experience and even walking through the front doors was a totally different experience. Would 100% do it again

Just now, Madina said:

I've done it twice. Once as a stand alone tour and once as part of the founders trail. Both are good value for money

I really want to do the founders trail. I'm assuming that isn't club affiliated though? And am I right in thinking that's the one where you visit fleshers Haugh and the graves of legends etc?

Just now, stevemac said:

Honestly really impressed. Wife got me it for Xmas and I thought what's the point, I go to Ibrox regular, totally different experience and even walking through the front doors was a totally different experience. Would 100% do it again

I really want to do the founders trail. I'm assuming that isn't club affiliated though? And am I right in thinking that's the one where you visit fleshers Haugh and the graves of legends etc?

Yes you visit all them, the cricket ground etc. Its definitely affiliated in someway to the club as you set off from inside Ibrox where you got a tour book and then it ended up with Broxi coming out to greet the bus back at Ibrox before doing the stadium tour 

1 minute ago, Madina said:

Yes you visit all them, the cricket ground etc. Its definitely affiliated in someway to the club as you set off from inside Ibrox where you got a tour book and then it ended up with Broxi coming out to greet the bus back at Ibrox before doing the stadium tour 

Any links/ideas where to book? Will definitely do that next? Sounds really good tbh.

3 minutes ago, Ambrogio said:

Done it last year for the first time since a kid and loved it Aswell . Tour guide was lawrence bald guy glasses he was superb . No matter what age ye are standing down at the dugout and looking around and up to the main stand makes the hairs stand up 

Aye was great, think the guy we had was called John, chubby fella who's 6 generations of rangers staff, his mam was a member of staff that won a uefa award for outstanding service in non playing capacity. Was really good fun throughout, really good with the young bears.

5 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Any links/ideas where to book? Will definitely do that next? Sounds really good tbh.

Aye was great, think the guy we had was called John, chubby fella who's 6 generations of Rangers staff, his mam was a member of staff that won a uefa award for outstanding service in non playing capacity. Was really good fun throughout, really good with the young bears.

They have a FB page that gives dates of the tours they run and how to book. Pretty certain theyll have a website as well. They tend to run on a Sunday mostly iirc

Done it twice with my son he gets a bit bored understandably the tour part is for us Rangers Da's, but he loves the tunnel part and getting out on the touchline (why I book it).

Done it with my Granda years ago and Bomber Brown took the tour, his stories in the dressing room got the heckles up, think I've relayed them on here before. THAT was a great day out!

But the normal tour guides are also good, very knowledgeable and will answer any question you ask.

21 hours ago, stevemac said:

Aye was great, think the guy we had was called John, chubby fella who's 6 generations of rangers staff, his mam was a member of staff that won a uefa award for outstanding service in non playing capacity. Was really good fun throughout, really good with the young bears.

https://www.thefounderstrail.co.uk/home

I've done it twice, always think it's something that shouldn't be one and done.

Ibrox changes, decade apart I done the tours. Usually try and catch June/July time for a tour, purely because any trophies won that season will be on display etc.

In those ten years, the tunnel area has obviously all changed, dressing rooms, new memorabilia, and seeing the league trophy in there again was great.

Shame Tiny is no longer with us though, she was magic on the last tour I done ten years ago.