Allan McGregor awarded testimonial vs Newcastle in July

Bydo

12 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Fully deserved imo .

I've been a big critic of him these last couple of seasons but I'm not sure you can blame him for the lack of movement in the transfer front to replace him . 

Neither should that detract from some of the performances through the seasons where I'd rate him alongside The Goalie as our best ever keeper .

Agreed.  As some said previously, it is probably a year too late.  But he has certainly contributed over the years and is deserving of this.

13 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

We just pretending he never left?

We all make mistakes.

Most of your threads prove that point :craphead:

Seriously though, if you can't forgive people who make mistakes, put their hands up to it and endeavour to make up for it, then you have issues. 

10 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

We all make mistakes.

Most of your threads prove that point :craphead:

Seriously though, if you can't forgive people who make mistakes, put their hands up to it and endeavour to make up for it, then you have issues. 

That's bang out of order

4 hours ago, Inigo said:

Is the cash going to charity? Hope so, cause don't really agree with testimonials for rich footballers.

Very good point.

Any player having a testimonial should put at least half of the profits to charity imo.

* Edit

Checked it out, and he is giving an unstipulated  percentage of the profits to  charities of his choice.

43 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Very good point.

Any player having a testimonial should put at least half of the profits to charity imo.

* Edit

Checked it out, and he is giving an unstipulated  percentage of the profits to  charities of his choice.

TBF the whole point of testimonials was to raise funds for the player upon retiring. Your a long time retired and not everyone is set for life after their careers are over. Sure some can move into punditry or coaching etc, but again that isn't for everyone. Donating to charity is a welcome bonus and I think most players are happy to do that. 

21 minutes ago, stevemac said:

TBF the whole point of testimonials was to raise funds for the player upon retiring. Your a long time retired and not everyone is set for life after their careers are over. Sure some can move into punditry or coaching etc, but again that isn't for everyone. Donating to charity is a welcome bonus and I think most players are happy to do that. 

Players make much more than they used to.

I'd like to think that I would put a substantial ammount to charity if it were me.

Most footballers help charities out during their careers and make a huge difference. Visiting sick people in hospital, turning up at peoples doors and wishing them well, signing shirts and making personal appearances for example.

Rangers as a Club do really well to promote charity and it is something we should all be proud of.