*****The Official Rangers v St Mirren Match Thread*****

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Matondo will most likely be shite, but there is just a slight chance that if we get a midfield who can play with a pass with a bit of zip, ahead of the man, without waiting for the opposition team to get back into shape, that he might just be able to be decent.  

Here we go.....

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Just a matter of time before posters started saying this. He was shite at St Mirren's second goal.

He needs to be given a fair chance, we cant afford to just write off £3m or so that we paid for him. I mean we have suffered with some of the other players getting repeated minutes when offering fuck all. He has come in and taken his chance so should be rewarded with further game time. 

Just now, BigBearButt said:

He needs to be given a fair chance, we cant afford to just write off £3m or so that we paid for him. I mean we have suffered with some of the other players getting repeated minutes when offering fuck all. He has come in and taken his chance so should be rewarded with further game time. 

That's why he should be given a chance until the end of the season. I'd rather give a 22 year old who could have a future game time than tried and tested 30 plus players.

1 minute ago, rangersross said:

Good thing is I don’t think it’s totally unrealistic for us to get a decent fee for Davies. Solid enough English CB who’s played for us and Liverpool. Not the answer here but we might be able to almost break even on him. 

Looks very weak at the back now.

13 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Some really nice attacking football from us today, but fucksakes that defence needs improvement. Davies just won’t do for us I’m afraid. Hope the gaffer has someone a lot stronger than him coming in for next season. No way should Davies be starting in the semi. 

There really was, but people will forget all about that because of some dreadful defending.

9 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Good last 15. Dreadful before that. Davies should be away in the summer and be behind Souttar and King now.

Cantwell easily the best player on the park

We had some really good attacking play today.. even before the last 15. Defending, however, wasnt great. 

5 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Good thing is I don’t think it’s totally unrealistic for us to get a decent fee for Davies. Solid enough English CB who’s played for us and Liverpool. Not the answer here but we might be able to almost break even on him. 

He never actually played when he was at Liverpool though.

8 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Ignoring his positive contribution and laying any blame to him for St Mirrens goal is a wee bit far fetched. 

He's shite mate. You will never convince me he is good. Nice pass, but a rare moment.

22 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

We did but we also had no real penetration or fight for large parts it's great keeping the ball but something has to happen with it.

Arfield had another good cameo and a smart finish with a lovely no look pass from Cantwell 

Whatever the opposite of clinical is, that’s us.

Tidy build up play, but always take the wrong option or make an arse of the correct one.