Ross Wilson Joins Nottingham Forest - Confirmed

Canabear

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

No player has earned the right to be here and play until the end of their career. That’s sentimental nonsense.

I’m a massive Tav fan, he’s been a great player for us, but he turns 32 relatively early into next season. Any club that’s good at succession planning, which we haven’t been, should already have one eye on identifying a successor who can be integrated into the team over the next year or so, with them eventually becoming the first choice.

"He's earned the right to be here until the end of his career.  That doesn't mean we don't look at when that might be and developing an alternative"

Did I just imagine typing this?

6 hours ago, gogzy said:

Wait so he can get slated and blamed  for the failures but had "fuck all" to do with the successes?

That's not how it works. You don't get it both ways.

I might be wrong but I don’t imagine there’s a huge amount of talent needed to pick up the phone and say yes to a bid for one of your players. 

If we want to give credit for those record deals. It goes to the guys that identified and signed Bassey, Aribo and Patterson. Wilson already has said in an interview that Bassey was identified before him. We just had to wait for him to sign. 

He sold 3 players that were at the club or going to be signed before he joined for record deals. If Lundstrum was sold for 20 million. He’d deserve all the credit because it was his signing. If Diallo had won us the league and Europa final. I would happily give him credit.. Fact is there is very little to give him credit for

18 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

I might be wrong but I don’t imagine there’s a huge amount of talent needed to pick up the phone and say yes to a bid for one of your players. 

If we want to give credit for those record deals. It goes to the guys that identified and signed Bassey, Aribo and Patterson. Wilson already has said in an interview that Bassey was identified before him. We just had to wait for him to sign. 

He sold 3 players that were at the club or going to be signed before he joined for record deals. If Lundstrum was sold for 20 million. He’d deserve all the credit because it was his signing. If Diallo had won us the league and Europa final. I would happily give him credit.. Fact is there is very little to give him credit for

Theres always Matondo :whistle:

12 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Morelos, Kent, Barisic and Kamara were comfortably £60m worth of assets over their Rangers career, be doing well to get much over £5m now. 

And that's why I'm glad to see the back of Ross Wilson.

39 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Morelos, Kent, Barisic and Kamara were comfortably £60m worth of assets over their Rangers career, be doing well to get much over £5m now. 

Depressing man.

8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Think either are good enough for a regular start? Would they get in the filths squad?

Long term probably not, but we have far bigger issues to address first. They are perfectly adequate squad players and considering the size of overhaul we need they will be next season too.  

18 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Does anybody think Gerrard would make a good DOF? He definitely has the ability to attract players.

I would imagine he still wants to try another shot at coaching.

Are he and Beale still mates?

One person on here (unless banned) thinks so…..give you one guess

31 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Long term probably not, but we have far bigger issues to address first. They are perfectly adequate squad players and considering the size of overhaul we need they will be next season too.  

Fine as backups, but if they’re regular starters we’re winning nothing. 

29 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Weird they’ve got Beale to do an interview about a position that’s meant to be above him, should it have not been the specky hot dog or bennet ? 

Think it was more to put a positive spin on everything still being under control, and that folk actually like Beale.