General Transfer Talk

Broxi

12 minutes ago, Broxi said:

If Barisic is our left back next season I'm gonna cry 

Yea, would much rather he was moved on personally.

He has been a good servant, and nothing against him personally, but his absolute reliance on his left foot and slowing down of play pisses me off no end.

Would much rather we persisted with Yilmaz and seen what he can offer.

I do think Barisic will end up staying though, prob with a new contract. He will be looked at as steady enough to retain while we do massive changes elsewhere.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Yea, would much rather he was moved on personally.

He has been a good servant, and nothing against him personally, but his absolute reliance on his left foot and slowing down of play pisses me off no end.

Would much rather we persisted with Yilmaz and seen what he can offer.

I do think Barisic will end up staying though, prob with a new contract. He will be looked at as steady enough to retain while we do massive changes elsewhere.

He's a netball player not a footballer, seems to think once he gets the ball he's not allowed to move anymore. Just receives the ball and hoofs it, think I saw him dribble once vs Hearts this season. 

10 minutes ago, Broxi said:

He's a netball player not a footballer, seems to think once he gets the ball he's not allowed to move anymore. Just receives the ball and hoofs it, think I saw him dribble once vs Hearts this season. 

Posted a few times already but they were talking about him in the best full backs in Scotland show on The Terrace and they compared him to an old fashioned cannon - takes forever to get into position but can do serious damage when he does :lol:

24 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If we start next season with Tav, Goldson & Borna as three of our back four then we won’t win a thing. 

Cant disagree with that as we will watch that same goal we see every week being scored.

30 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If we start next season with Tav, Goldson & Borna as three of our back four then we won’t win a thing. 

Along with McGregor they have all been the root of our problem for years , seems its only some of the fans that can see it.

9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Think we can with Tav and Goldson. Borna is a busted flush though. 

Tav can’t defend for toffee and Goldson puts his body on the line as much as I do. Good passer of the ball but both these guys turn my stomach when they fuck up and try to blame everyone else around them

I’d happily move Tav on for whatever money we can get. Get in a new younger RB who hopefully can defend. Let the wingers, strikers, midfielders take on Tavs, forward runs, penalties and free kicks.  He’s not getting any younger or quicker and defensively he’s still prone to howlers which absolutely cost us.  Goldson is another although he makes less mistakes I wouldnt be that bothered if we moved on.  Get someone younger in. 

I’m just kind of done with pretty much all of the team now apart from the new guys. Sad but true. 

Think folk would be surprised at the difference adding in a quality keeper and CB will make.

Goldson is easily good enough as is Tav. Having a gk who can come out for crosses and move his feet already eliminates a huge number of the back post tap ins and headers we concede. Lost track of the number of goals we concede from inside our 6 yard box where any decent keeper could either come for or close down.

A good CB and organiser/communicator (preferably with a bit of pace) would form a great partnership with Goldson. Both tav and Goldson would walk into that celtic team. 

They’re probably the only 2 alongside Raskin or cantwell that would. So the last of our worries.

Our front 3 is the problem. Our current options would struggle to make their bench

7 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Think folk would be surprised at the difference adding in a quality keeper and CB will make.

Goldson is easily good enough as is Tav. Having a gk who can come out for crosses and move his feet already eliminates a huge number of the back post tap ins and headers we concede.

A good CB and organiser/communicator (preferably with a bit of pace) would form a great partnership with Goldson. Both tav and Goldson would walk into that celtic team. 

They’re probably the only 2 alongside Raskin or cantwell that would. So the last of our worries.

Our front 3 is the problem. Our current options would struggle to make their bench

Our front three is a problem. Everywhere’s a problem though, not just that

54 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Agree with two of them but I think Goldson had a place in a winning team 

Of all the strikers we have been linked with, who is out of contract in the summer?

Beale definitely said there was a striker we wanted who would be available in the summer right? This means most likely that they were out of contract.

Josh Maja I think fits this criteria, don't think any of the others have.