Is It Time For A New Captain ?

BlueboyG

On 17/10/2023 at 18:38, East Enclosure Row N said:

Tav now playing for his sixth permanent Rangers manager as captain.

Obviously well thought of by much more knowledgable people than any of us?

4th

On 17/10/2023 at 19:29, East Enclosure Row N said:

Warburton and Gerrard both won us a league. Gerrard got us to a Euro final -  not exactly failure, is it?

No he didnt

1 hour ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

He didn't win enough but think it's a bit ridiculous to outright call Gerrard a failure

There are aspects of Gerrards tenure that are rightly called failures, particularly his cup record, but he ultimately delivered what he was brought in to do, the league. 

2 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Obviously because he took us from 3rd and losing in the Europa League 1st round qualifier to unbeaten champions and a last 16 Europa League team. Saying 1 trophy from 9 is far too simplistic.

🤣🤣. So simplistic it’s fact. 

9 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

There are aspects of Gerrards tenure that are rightly called failures, particularly his cup record, but he ultimately delivered what he was brought in to do, the league. 

Really upped standards around the club, and I think we’d have gone on to win the league again under him.

I often had a go at his 1 in 9, but he really built us from nothing again, upped standards, and developed us into a very confident European team. Think we’d only lost 1 game by 2 goals or more.

Never feared a game under him the way we do now. 

I think Stevie was a success. He won the league and we were at the top when he left the following season. We could have done better in domestic cups but this was compensated by the excellent performances in Europe. 
We also didn’t have to pay him compensation when he left.

10 minutes ago, The Blues said:

I think Stevie was a success. He won the league and we were at the top when he left the following season. We could have done better in domestic cups but this was compensated by the excellent performances in Europe. 
We also didn’t have to pay him compensation when he left.

Gerrard set some good building blocks in place, he modernised a lot of behind the scenes stuff at the club and got us a lot more solid domestically, and got us doing really well in Europe.

I just think he could have done more domestically, particularly in the cups. If he had won a couple of cups to go along with the league then he would have been an undoubted sucess without argument.

I think thats why qualifies as a success, but with smatterings of failure in there. 

41 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Really upped standards around the club, and I think we’d have gone on to win the league again under him.

I often had a go at his 1 in 9, but he really built us from nothing again, upped standards, and developed us into a very confident European team. Think we’d only lost 1 game by 2 goals or more.

Never feared a game under him the way we do now. 

League would’ve been done before it actually was had he stayed.