John Souttar

I wish fans would stop wishing for our players not to play international football. A pro player's ultimate dream is to be a capped player. We should support that.

I could get hit by a bus later, but I'm still going outside and chancing it.

Souttar & Jack will come to camp next Friday ahead of schedule because of their Scotland involvement, and Souttar, in particular, looked good.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

I wish fans would stop wishing for our players not to play international football. A pro player's ultimate dream is to be a capped player. We should support that.

I could get hit by a bus later, but I'm still going outside and chancing it.

Souttar & Jack will come to camp next Friday ahead of schedule because of their Scotland involvement, and Souttar, in particular, looked good.

Well that’s not true. Maybe in some cases but a lot of them will dream of lifting european cups and the likes ahead of that

That’s an old time view you’ve expressed there really, because a lot of people can’t even be arsed with international football now

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Well that’s not true. Maybe in some cases but a lot of them will dream of lifting european cups and the likes ahead of that

That’s an old time view you’ve expressed there really, because a lot of people can’t even be arsed with international football now

Yeah cant imagine a pro footballer would choose a few caps over say a european trophy

Highly doubt any of they west ham players that won the trophy the other week would give a fuck if they ever seen an international game again

56 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Jack and souttar can do what they want but I wish @bluenozwas hit by a bus 

The only time you post is to criticize others. If you don't like something, just move on. People are right when they say the site is dying a slow death. Posters like you are half the reason.

21 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The only time you post is to criticize others. If you don't like something, just move on. People are right when they say the site is dying a slow death. Posters like you are half the reason.

Don’t think i criticised you there 

5 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Big man looked good when he came on last night. A full season of Souttar and we are on to something good.

Would love to see it but has he ever completed a full season major injury free 🤔 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

The number of players that swap nationality just to get called up for internationals suggests that’s not true.

2 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

The number of players that swap nationality just to get called up for internationals suggests that’s not true.

If you're needing to swap nationality to get international caps, it would suggest that you're a bit off being good enough for whatever nation you currently represented.

Which to me would suggest those players are probably just trying to get more noticed.

18 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If it contributes towards a successful Rangers then does it matter either way?

Im just replying about players choosing to swap nationalities (have we ever had a player who did that actually) 

Like loyal72 said, not many players swap up the way, its usually down and its for more exposure rather than a few international caps that may mean fuck all in the future anyway

1 hour ago, Loyal72 said:

If you're needing to swap nationality to get international caps, it would suggest that you're a bit off being good enough for whatever nation you currently represented.

Which to me would suggest those players are probably just trying to get more noticed.

No clearly suggests that if not good enough for one country then they’ll play for another for personal recognition. 

8 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Cos they’ll want to play well and keep their performances up to be included in the squad at the end of the season.

That’s not always the case, some players will just be selected regardless of current form because their countries don’t have any other decent options. 

Bruno Alves was a prime example of this during his time with us. Kyle Lafferty for NI was another. 

As long as both Jack and Souttar are reasonably fit they will constantly be selected for Scotland, because quite simply there are no better options available 

4 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

No clearly suggests that if not good enough for one country then they’ll play for another for personal recognition. 

That’s not really a dream of playing for your country then and if a players “ultimate dream” is to just play international football no matter which nation it’s for then they sound pretty shite tbf 

8 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

True, Jack Grealish would never get in the Ireland side.

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

That’s not always the case, some players will just be selected regardless of current form because their countries don’t have any other decent options. 

Bruno Alves was a prime example of this during his time with us. Kyle Lafferty for NI was another. 

As long as both Jack and Souttar are reasonably fit they will constantly be selected for Scotland, because quite simply there are no better options available 

Every player selected for international teams is selected because there are no better options available.

55 minutes ago, left winger said:

Every player selected for international teams is selected because there are no better options available.

The players I’ve mentioned were selected because there was no or is no competition for their places, but you already knew what I meant 

16 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

What point are you trying to make there? :lol:

Grealish gets into the England side

Grealish was Irish until England wanted him. Nothing to do with being ‘a bit off being good enough for whatever nation you currently represent.’

18 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The players I’ve mentioned were selected because there was no or is no competition for their places, but you already knew what I meant 

Of course, I did. But that principle wouldn’t have stopped you making such a post. Just wanted to join in 😉