John Souttar

19 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Really like the look of that American centre half from Arsenal.

That guy, Goldson, Souttar and King would be ideal as options for next year.

King shouldn’t be anywhere near it tbh. Especially with Souttar (and now Goldson) looking injury prone.

I’d get King out on loan. 

51 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

King shouldn’t be anywhere near it tbh. Especially with Souttar (and now Goldson) looking injury prone.

I’d get King out on loan. 

King and Lowry not being loaned out in January is looking a stranger decision by the month.

Both of them need a good 30-40 game season under their belts then they’ll be able to contribute far more.

29 minutes ago, cameron1873 said:

Thought he was excellent today. Didn't think he had that sort of composed performance in him. 

Hope we can keep him fit next seas

So good you typed it twice.

Have to be honest, I held his injury history against him.

Showed today that he is capable of filling Goldson's boots. He marshallad young King well and was good going forwards too.

Our defence was an absoulute shambles without goldson last season. Souttar might be the man to fill the void.

21 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Talented player but yet another player who falls under the “if he can stay fit category”, and that means we will probably never be able to fully rely on him or build the defence around him.

Not too sure. Got a feeling his injury problems in the past may not be an issue in the future.

Really like him. Always have. Can’t be fooled into trusting him to being first choice next season though. He’s a great option to have as 3rd or 4th choice centre half going into next season and if he’s playing like he has last few weeks then he will force his way in.

On a side note seen a few saying say king done well. He’s not ready to be considered a first team centre half for me. Needs a good year out on loan see how he does. Gives me the fear at times on the ball and switches off too easily when marking. I was hoping after the learning curve he went through at the start of the season he’d have looked improved yesterday. Didn’t see anything to suggest that. Hope he can kick on.

27 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

Really like him. Always have. Can’t be fooled into trusting him to being first choice next season though. He’s a great option to have as 3rd or 4th choice centre half going into next season and if he’s playing like he has last few weeks then he will force his way in.

On a side note seen a few saying say king done well. He’s not ready to be considered a first team centre half for me. Needs a good year out on loan see how he does. Gives me the fear at times on the ball and switches off too easily when marking. I was hoping after the learning curve he went through at the start of the season he’d have looked improved yesterday. Didn’t see anything to suggest that. Hope he can kick on.

With King to me it looks like the majority of the key components of his game are there, he just needs to mature & settle down a bit.  

A season long loan sounds like the best option to me.