John Souttar

38 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

John is more than good enough, it's just the injury thing that causes most alarm, let's hope he can finally put that behind him because he's a good defender.

Yes, he's a good player and better than I have said at times but when you only play Hearts a few times a season you do make judgements that are solely based on those games.

It's a bit different now we are seeing him more.

7 hours ago, Badger said:

He needs to stay fit. There is a lot to like about him as a player. A bit of a throwback CB, but he can play a bit too.

If you could depend on him to play 45 games a season he'd be our main CB for the next 7-8yrs.

Looking forward to seeing him next season with a pre season under his belt.

Reminds me of Amoruso: similar stature, can play the ball, loves a tackle and looks eager to score at corners. 

if he turns out to be half as good as Lorenzo we’ve won a watch.

Time will tell, but he’s certainly better then the player we all thought we’d got with his performance v Livi.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Cant wait to see the overreaction to a knock 

Would it be an overreaction though?

Guy with horrendous injury record gets injured again, while on international duty.

Fuck knows what the injury is, but if he battles through it for Steve Clarke for 2 games, does it carry over into preseason? 

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Guy with horrendous injury record gets injured again, while on international duty.

Fuck knows what the injury is, but if he battles through it for Steve Clarke for 2 games, does it carry over into preseason? 

He was already injured before he got called up apparently, but Scotland still wanted him to travel to see if he could get fit. 

6 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

I genuinely think that would be worse, that it'd been allowed to happen.

Depends on how bad the injury is and whether the player wants to try. 

I'm sure it was mentioned  3 or 4 days after our game with St mirren that he had an injury. He's been kept back to train with our physio to see if he can get fit.

I'd rather he just said no and relaxed at the side of a pool somewhere tbh. 

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Would rather him and Jack told Clarke to ram his call ups 

56 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

International games after the end of the season is a fucking ridiculous idea. For players who have had injuries like Jack and Souttar I really think taking time off then coming back fresh for an important club preseason is more sensible than going away for weeks with Scotland.

100%

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Yes. Big time.

It would become an issue if that happened but that's purely hypothetical.

5 hours ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Yes. Big time.

It would become an issue if that happened but that's purely hypothetical.

At the other side of the city they’ve had McGregor be left out because he’d played a lot of games, and Greg Taylor left out because of a personal reason in recent years.

Feels like we never push back. Madness sending an injured guy with an already terrible history of injuries, to try and be fit for two games. Can’t possibly end well. 

49 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

At the other side of the city they’ve had McGregor be left out because he’d played a lot of games, and Gregor Taylor left out because of a personal reason in recent years.

Feels like we never push back. Madness sending an injured guy with an already terrible history of injuries, to try and be fit for two games. Can’t possibly end well. 

Other side of that argument is he hasnt played a lot and could do with the game time. I would agree with you if talking about Jack.