John Souttar

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

Won every duel. 

Getting more credits than balogun unfairly, but understandable due to the potential. 

I'm not a Balogun fan, I'll admit, but he was good today to a point. Especially driving into space.

He's always a switch away from something daft though and was on the verge of it a couple of times today. His positioning hasn't got any better and he gets sucked into midfield chasing players far too easily. 

It's maybe just me but I can't go players who do stuff that should have been coached out of them in their teenage years :lol: 

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I'm not a Balogun fan, I'll admit, but he was good today to a point. Especially driving into space.

He's always a switch away from something daft though and was on the verge of it a couple of times today. His positioning hasn't got any better and he gets sucked into midfield chasing players far too easily. 

It's maybe just me but I can't go players who do stuff that should have been coached out of them in their teenage years :lol: 

For a guy in his mid-thirties, he's still exceptionally fast, which helps him out a lot. He was really good today as well as Souttar.

1 hour ago, Blues Brother said:

He’s a really good defender. He defends the 6 yard box brilliantly. Today we certainly lose a goal without him and possibly 2 points….

He can be a real solid leader for our team… 

Just need to hope he stays fit as him and Goldson would be an unbelievable partnership. Still would like to see us bring in another centre back right enough with a bit of quality as I’m not sure we can rely on Goldson and Souttar to play 50-60 games this season. I still think there is a bit of a drop off to Davies and Balogun. Harry Souttar would be ideal IMO.

39 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Souttar chased a ball and player for about 60 yards and ended up 25 yards in to their half and got absolutely caught out. Was a glaring one. 

Agree with everything you're saying but adding in that one to confirm my stance 😂

1 hour ago, Blues Brother said:

He’s a really good defender. He defends the 6 yard box brilliantly. Today we certainly lose a goal without him and possibly 2 points….

He can be a real solid leader for our team… 

He has a good forwards run in him too.

He sees space and pushes on.

Can see him having a good few assists this season if he stays fit.

He is proving a lot of Bears wrong imo. 

Souttar has always been a talented player but now he’s getting into his prime years he’s put it all together and he’s a quality player.

We were obviously in a mess at the time, which would have made it difficult, but we should have signed him when he left Dundee Utd.

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Souttar has always been a talented player but now he’s getting into his prime years he’s put it all together and he’s a quality player.

We were obviously in a mess at the time, which would have made it difficult, but we should have signed him when he left Dundee Utd.

His only potential issue is injury proneness. 

Excellent today. Can’t be dropped if he keeps up his form. 

Small point on Balogun today aswell who was great. Seen loads say what’s the point in his signing. Today showed why he’s valuable as 4th choice and right now 3rd choice. King would’ve had all sorts of problems today against their two big strikers.