Departures confirmed

RossS1873

Feel like if youre sad to see the back of a player, theyre leaving at the right time.  Im no sad to see the back of any of them.  

Glad we are finally moving forward as a club but its pathetic how poorly we managed Kent and Morelos from a club selling point of view.

15 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Arfield has played about 120 minutes in the last 5 months. He doesn't need to be replaced.

And those 120 minutes were quite impactful, weren't they. As I said, he's leaving so I hope it means the bench is getting a replacement that can offer to it what he has.

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

When u see it on paper this is a huge rebuild for a very inexperienced manager.  Excited to see how he rebuilds us but slightly nervous as well. 

Stating the obvious but his position & reputation are on the line for him up here, I take my hat off to him for being pro-active on this & hope for the very best. 

4 minutes ago, Stunels said:

Feel like if youre sad to see the back of a player, theyre leaving at the right time.  Im no sad to see the back of any of them.  

Glad we are finally moving forward as a club but its pathetic how poorly we managed Kent and Morelos from a club selling point of view.

They were happy to play in Europa League last season yes their stock was high but we don't know if the club were willing to cash in perhaps they should have but the amount of starts they made domestically this season and last were in stark contrast to the actual input of their presence .

I think SG,Gio &MB's hands were tied with injuries and what not they two along with others started games where they really should have been hooked previously but numbers dictated they start or wages either way it was clear even through the Europa run domestically they were downing tools and supporters despite massive backing for them were let down consistently by those two especially and others .

Gio eg didn't help himself but they are paid by RFC and they fucked up two league campaigns successively as a team .

I confess that I will miss our mad Colombian most of all but after 6 years he clearly wants a new challenge.  

McGregor has been brilliant over the years  but should have left last year.  

The only thing I will miss about Kent going is the transfer fee.

Helander I never really rated as he was painfully slow and injury-prone.

Arfield has been a great signing for us with his enthusiasm and very much as an impact player.  I'd have given him another year but he's getting close to 35 and I expect a younger replacement is high on our agenda.

We need to offload a fair number of other players as well.

Matondo, Roofe, Wright, Zukowski, Barisic, Davies, Kamara, Sakala, Hagi would be on my list.

Add another list of B team players.

We should also trim the backroom staff to reasonable numbers.

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

I confess that I will miss our mad Colombian most of all but after 6 years he clearly wants a new challenge.  

Arfield has been a great signing for us with his enthusiasm and very much as an impact player.  I'd have given him another year but he's getting close to 35 and I expect a younger replacement is high on our agenda.

Matondo, Roofe, Wright, Zukowski, Barisic, Davies, Kamara, Sakala, Hagi would be on my list.

Do you think Beale just has backroom staff in jobs for the sake of it?

What would be a reasonable number for you and who do you think should be cut? 

3 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Talking of backroom staff, is it just me that thinks our Assistant Manager Neil Banfield keeps the lowest profile of any assistant managers we’ve had ? 

Disappointed it's turned out the way it has, think that is broadly down to the previous DOF's mismanagement of the squad though. Not sorry to see the back of any of them, but wish them all the best. All have been good/great servants.

30 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Even out of those 3 I don't see us letting Lundstram walk for nothing next summer, and I think we'd bite someone's hand off for a good offer on Hagi. 

That's why I have a feeling Lundstram will definitely be here....I'm just not convinced what he has decided on Hagi & Sakala as yet

11 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Good shout getting rid of that lot - but I’d keep Hagi. I think he needs to crack on now after a bad injury - if not there’s always January 

Something tells me none of them will go but.  

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Good shout getting rid of that lot - but I’d keep Hagi. I think he needs to crack on now after a bad injury - if not there’s always January 

Something tells me none of them will go but.  

I’d be happy to keep zukowski and see how he progresses. If he’s rubbish sell him next year.