The confidence in Michael Beale

Smile

The fact he's talking about the style of play and setup of last season being positive is concerning.

I like Beale and I wanted him as manager. My assumption was that he didn't have the players he needed to play in the style he wanted so he just did what he had to do last season and then would use this summer to get in the players to play the way he wants to.

Now that it sounds like he wanted to play that way all along and his plan is to play the same as before, just with different players, is really concerning. 

As much as his win % last season was good, anyone watching us would know we were often scraping by matches and were rarely convincing, not to mention losing the big games.

Odds makers are ridiculous when predicting favourites for a manager. Beale is going nowhere. He just signed nine new players ffs.

I've no doubt people will be back on the "I love Michael" bandwagon after a convincing win tonight. That's life on a day-to-day basis on RM.

I'm staying confident Beale will get this right (for now)

1 hour ago, Somemightsay7 said:

The fact he's talking about the style of play and setup of last season being positive is concerning.

I like Beale and I wanted him as manager. My assumption was that he didn't have the players he needed to play in the style he wanted so he just did what he had to do last season and then would use this summer to get in the players to play the way he wants to.

Now that it sounds like he wanted to play that way all along and his plan is to play the same as before, just with different players, is really concerning. 

As much as his win % last season was good, anyone watching us would know we were often scraping by matches and were rarely convincing, not to mention losing the big games.

If the thinking is "play same system with better players", then i worry about the season ahead.

28 minutes ago, RoboBearToo said:

I still think Beale would be a good number 2

But he seems to a bit "number 2 " at being the main man

Outwith Saturday he’s lost 3 games in charge of us in 6 months.

ill say it again I didn’t want him and I’m unsure about him but Saturday has given a large portion of people Alzheimer’s by the looks of it 

4 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Outwith Saturday he’s lost 3 games in charge of Europe in 6 months.

ill say it again I didn’t want him and I’m unsure about him but Saturday has given a large portion of people Alzheimer’s by the looks of it 

Think it's down to the fact that we've seen that game on Saturday far too many times now over the last 5 years, this season was going to be defined in the games against them and we're already in a position where we could be trailing after the first derby. 

The system we're playing has never worked bar one campaign where the stars aligned for us, and we still made a cunt of it in the two cups, would be some change of fortune for it to suddenly start working now. 

7 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Think it's down to the fact that we've seen that game on Saturday far too many times now over the last 5 years, this season was going to be defined in the games against them and we're already in a position where we could be trailing after the first derby. 

The system we're playing has never worked bar one campaign where the stars aligned for us, and we still made a cunt of it in the two cups, would be some change of fortune for it to suddenly start working now. 

But the last 5 years isn’t him, it’s not a stick that can be used to beat him with.

Saturday was pathetic absolutely disgusting tbh but the revisionism is wild 

17 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

But the last 5 years isn’t him, it’s not a stick that can be used to beat him with.

Saturday was pathetic absolutely disgusting tbh but the revisionism is wild 

Same system we've been playing that was implemented by him. 

Keep playing 2 sitting midfielders and having everything go through two aging fullbacks and we deserve all we get. 

8 months in the job and still can't change a game on the fly or have a plan B, better start the night. 

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Keep playing 2 sitting midfielders and having everything go through two aging fullbacks and we deserve all we get. 

8 months in the job and still can't change a game on the fly or have a plan B, better start the night. 

It’s not the same and it has changed 

54 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

He's lost every game that mattered. Hopefully that will change tonight,but I'm not confident

40 minutes ago, RoboBearToo said:

He's lost every game that mattered. Hopefully that will change tonight,but I'm not confident

Aye so we’ve heard but the January game v the fenians didn’t matter?

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

No we played 2 up front towards end of season and tried that Saturday. It’s not the same system 

2 hours ago, RFC55 said:

One of the maddest overreactions I’ve ever seen from the Rangers support.

Even seen a few on twitter pining for Gio.