The confidence in Michael Beale

Smile

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Because he got a team on a nose dive in terms of form and attitude to perform at what would normally be championship winning form. Plus he brought in 2 players who look head and shoulders above what we had previously.

It's not all good as we lost a few against them however the chances missed by the likes of Sakala were criminal and we were the better team in a few. Get him the level of players like he has already brought in and we will be fine.

We also scudded them not so long ago which is always good.

As ever we will support the manager at the start of a new season, anything other than that is just ridiculous behavior.

Fucking hell another answer it goes to show not everyone a fucking tedious troll.

Good to see someone actually reply to the topic.

1 minute ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Don't seem to be a big Rangers fan either.

Explain why you think that? You think I'm not a big Rangers fan because I wanted an experienced manager who had won something?

How does that make sense.

I think what he delivered with a squad who’d mostly chucked it over half a season was pretty good, and I like his two Jan window signings. The final OF was also excellent, albeit meaningless  

Flip side is he’s been poor in meaningful OF games, behaved questionably (IMO) before he was appointed, and what we’ve signed / linked to so far this window isn’t that exciting. Also pretty contradictory in the press. 

Time will tell tbh. He deserves at least the Christmas window to continue to rebuild. Has my backing until he loses it. 

Pains me to say it, but I’m not expecting to win the title again this season. They’ve a better, settled squad and a far more experienced and successful manager. And money to spend by all accounts. More just hope than actually believing we’ll win it. 

23 minutes ago, Smile said:

At least you answered some of the question asked.

Beale has had 20 odd games I thought someone would at least tell me what they have seen so far tactically or in the teams structure in games to convince them that he's the man for the job.

Perhaps his own players might help 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

I think what he delivered with a squad who’d mostly chucked it over half a season was pretty good, and I like his two Jan window signings. The final OF was also excellent, albeit meaningless  

Flip side is he’s been poor in meaningful OF games, behaved questionably (IMO) before he was appointed, and what we’ve signed / linked to so far isn’t that exciting. Also pretty contradictory in the press. 

Time will tell tbh. He deserves at least the Christmas window to continue to rebuild.

Pains me to say it, but I’m not expecting to win the title again this season. They’ve a better, settled squad and a far more experienced and successful manager. And money to spend by all accounts. More just hope that actually believing we’ll win it. 

Yes, I think there's been a few worrying signs myself but no shock at all as I'm not really an optimist. I think it will be tough this season for the very same reason most supporters do, they have an experienced manager they will add quality to their team and Beale did not perform well against them in the games he needed to win.

18 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

He has a very good reputation as a coach.

he knocked back the EPL to come to us, which is a rare quality.

He has so far shown a massive improvement in our domestic performances.

Im not setting any milestones for what he should win or what should see him sacked. Its not that easy.

Im happy to see him improving the team, and as long as I see us improving, ill be happy with him being in charge.

Ultimately the other lot have a much more proven manager who is about as good as anyone could possibly look to attract in Scotland. They have a treble winning squad to build on and a bigger budget than us.

Realistically Beale is not expected to win the league, he and we are big underdogs. Folk will come on and say 'but we are Rangers, we cant accept second' and its a good soundbite. Unfortunately, where we are, its the likely outcome no matter how staunch you want to be.

What we have to do is have a manager in place who is ready to pounce on any downturn in form, and keep up in the race of beating the rest.

Getting into the CL, or having a decent run in the europa, along with a good domestic record of consistently beating the other teams is the goal. Anything better than that would be magic.

Just hang on the fuck a minute here. We conceded pathetic sloppy goals against them in at least 2 matches last season, and Sakala missed two glorious opportunities to change history, which he fucked. When the dust had settled and we played them at ours, we fucked them 3:0. They are only ahead because their tails were up and their confidence sky high. This shite about us being miles behind is interesting. WE GOT TO A EUROPEAN FINAL not that long ago, and stunned everyone by qualifying the hard way for last season's Champions League. What happened there totally destroyed all confidence in the team. That is the difference. Beale bailed out the sinking ship and acquitted himself pretty well with defeats by them sometimes caused by our own errors. Now he is putting his own stamp on HIS team, we will see. 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Perhaps his own players might help 

They could do Cantwell for me performed really well and Raskin been good in games but did lack fitness which was not unexpected.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Yes, I think there's been a few worrying signs myself but no shock at all as I'm not really an optimist. I think it will be tough this season for the very same reason most supporters do, they have an experienced manager they will add quality to their team and Beale did not perform well against them in the games he needed to win.

Not really an optimist? You could win the Euromillions and complain.

Just now, J-Maestro said:

Not really an optimist? You could win the Euromillions and complain.

You have been posting it says since 2006 and you have just discovered I do post negatively at times.

Your time would be better spent answering the post surely?

12 minutes ago, Smile said:

Explain why you think that? You think I'm not a big Rangers fan because I wanted an experienced manager who had won something?

How does that make sense.

You wanted a manager with experience but we got a manager without experience, so rather than accept that and get behind him you've been moaning about him non-stop, week-in, week-out, regardless of what he does.

7 minutes ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

Just hang on the fuck a minute here. We conceded pathetic sloppy goals against them in at least 2 matches last season, and Sakala missed two glorious opportunities to change history, which he fucked. When the dust had settled and we played them at ours, we fucked them 3:0. They are only ahead because their tails were up and their confidence sky high. This shite about us being miles behind is interesting. WE GOT TO A EUROPEAN FINAL not that long ago, and stunned everyone by qualifying the hard way for last season's Champions League. What happened there totally destroyed all confidence in the team. That is the difference. Beale bailed out the sinking ship and acquitted himself pretty well with defeats by them sometimes caused by our own errors. Now he is putting his own stamp on HIS team, we will see. 

I think this was the kind of naive thinking of the Board that’s seen us win 2 trophies in a decade +.

They were miles ahead domestically last season. When they won it they were 12 or 13 points ahead I’m sure.

It comes down to big moments (eg goals or concentration at the back), and we’ve shown we don’t have the quality or mentality time and time again over the last 5 years with this squad.

Beale has the remit to rip it up. 

1 minute ago, Somemightsay7 said:

You wanted a manager with experience but we got a manager without experience, so rather than accept that and get behind him you've been moaning about him non-stop, week-in, week-out, regardless of what he does.

And explain how that does not make me a big Rangers fan again, have you never heard supporters moaning?

Are you new to watching and going to the football?

Is there a  reason you have avoided answering the topic and prefer to have a go at me as that I can tell you is a waste of your time and my time.

3 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I think Beale did well with the hand he was dealt, but equally others can rightfully take the view that he saw us fall further behind in the league and collapsed in two cups against them. Plenty of mistakes from Beale along the way too. 

Not like he’s been amazing and any doubters should be silenced. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

I think this was the kind of naive thinking of the Board that’s seen us win 2 trophies in a decade +.

They were miles ahead domestically last season. When they won it they were 12 or 13 points ahead I’m sure.

It comes down to big moments (eg goals or concentration at the back), and we’ve shown we don’t have the quality or mentality time and time again over the last 5 years with this squad.

Beale has the remit to rip it up. 

Yes, invest when you are on top as we should have done we should also have sold key players who wanted to leave at the time and now we have watched them walk away for nothing.

54 minutes ago, Smile said:

I notice a lot of posters have an unwavering mindset that Beale is the right man To manage Rangers back to success.

What is it you see that gives you that confidence in him? How long does he get if he does not?

what does he need to win this year to keep him in a job?

Why would anyone want a new manager going into pre season?

It’s pretty obvious why people are optimistic. We are every summer

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

I think Beale did well with the hand he was dealt, but equally others can rightfully take the view that he saw us fall further behind in the league and collapsed in two cups against them. Plenty of mistakes from Beale along the way too. 

Not like he’s been amazing and any doubters should be silenced. 

I'm actually excited to see the new players under Beale and see how they do mainly as I was sick of the same players crumbling in January.

2 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Why would anyone want a new manager going into pre season?

It’s pretty obvious why people are optimistic. We are every summer

No obviously he's now getting this season even I can see that. some posters have responded well to the post saying what they see and why they think he's the man for the job.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

And explain how that does not make me a big Rangers fan again, have you never heard supporters moaning?

Are you new to watching and going to the football?

Is there a  reason you have avoided answering the topic and prefer to have a go at me as that I can tell you is a waste of your time and my time.

I did answer the topic, you ignored it.

He has the highest win % of any manager from either celtic or Rangers history and has got first only 2 signings we've seen perfect. That's why I have confidence.

Supporters can moan, but how about getting behind him and giving him a chance, rather than having it out for him from day one? He might fail and he can be rightly critised, but I've only ever seen you complaining about him since he joined.

1 minute ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

I don't think many posters have that mindset at all, I think the vast majority have some faith in him as he made a noticeable difference when he came in last season but are waiting to fully judge him this season.

Fair enough, we did also notice some inexperience as well which I guess goes with the territory when your learning as you go.