The confidence in Michael Beale

Smile

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Board had beale lined up for a long time before gio went. I'll never not be convinced it wasn't already in the pipeline when he came to visit the Aberdeen game.  

Gio had to go but I do agree with you Jim that a lot more options could and should have been assessed. 

I don’t disagree with that either tbh.

19 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Someone correct me if they can think of one but I honestly cannot think of a worse performance than that, worse results for sure but nothing comes to mind as a worse performance. Maybe Gerrard at home to Hamilton? But surely even that day we can’t have looked this directionless

Hibs semi.

Should  start off by fucking stop playing  as if we are Barcelona with players who are no where near that level, get 4 defenders who can  defend ,get four midfielders who can play  football  and two strikers that can stick the ball in the net, that' s the basics until you have a team with the skills of Barca and we are a trillion miles away from that, said it for years millions wasted in youth development, when you don't have the coaching  staff to achieve  this ,spend millions on the people who can and you would save yourself a fortune , hire people  who can actually  do the job of producing a footballer,  most of the guys that come through can't control  a ball with 2 feet ,no awareness on the park ,and that's them being tutored for the best part of 15 years or more. Rip it up and start again.

9 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I’ve always defended Beale since he came in because I do think he needed time to assemble his own squad and make the necessary changes, but I’m fully aware that appointing him mid season last season always meant there was a chance what has happened tonight would happen because, rightly or wrongly, people have already started forming an opinion of him. The same thing happened with Gio too.

He came in to a shitshow last season, and like I said earlier in the thread that shitshow gave him a safety net even when his own flaws were showing. He doesn’t have that safety net now and our support aren’t known for their patience.

I don’t want to jump the bullet but I’ll say what i’ve said all along and that’s if things go really bad and we end up needing to change managers in October/November then it has to be a proper caretaker, none of this internal appointment shit, just get a solid veteran in who can shore it up until the Summer while we undertake a proper recruitment process so whoever comes in has a complete clean slate and doesn’t end up tainted by association.

I don't trust those who make the calls to get the right man in. Its the easy and cheap option time and time again

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Beale is rightfully getting criticized, but his post-match interview only makes it worse.

Was Tav's post-match a carbon copy of words said last year's and the year before and the...

Think he said at one point "we'll learn from it". Something I've heard him say fuck knows how many times, and he never does. 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Not exactly been a cheap option has it, they spunked 15mill and a ton of wages on Beales say so

I'm talking about who they appoint. To get a great candidate in it costs money...when have we done that.

They had to spend regardless in recruitment when we sold Patterson, Bassey for 30 odd million plus bringing in European CL money on top of massive wages gone and sales this summer. 

We hire pish like Gio and Beale and it doesn't matter investment wise because deep down the tactics and end game is the same. Pathetic 

Doesn't take a genius to beat a horrific Kilmarnock team with the squad we have but we find a way to fuck it. 

He's a fucking clown who was an easy appointment due to the '55' brigade. Nothiing more than a coach who has done fuck all worthy of being anywhere near the top Rangers job. 

Rodgers will fucking eat him up.

16 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

“ I didn’t think the first part of the game would suit Todd “ Jesus fuck the most bizarre fkn statement ever  so I’ll bring him on when we’re getting beat , what if a player doesn’t suit the second part of the game? Do you bring him off or the middle part of the game ?  Fuck off beale 

That is mental. You start every game in this league with your best 11 on the park with the aim of getting the job done from the start. You dont wait till your struggling then take your best players on. I couldnt believe the starting 11, it was ridiculous to be honest.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

I don't trust those who make the calls to get the right man in. Its the easy and cheap option time and time again

They take the fan favourite option

Everyone myself included wanted gio. There was also plenty of supporters that wanted Beale to come back too. 

If worst comes to worst you can only hope now guys like Robertson and Wilson are gone that we have people in place that can get it right. 

£12m on attacking talent and his main tactic is to give it to Barisic and Tav ala 2019 and fire balls into the box to them. It’s pathetic, boring and tedious as fuck. 

We have now watched for 5 years Rangers play two CDMs against every single team in the league. Gerrard, GVB and Beale all play football with the handbrake on. Cautious, crippled with fear of being caught on the break. Works a treat for the most part in Europe but domestically instead of throwing caution to the wind and flooding attacking areas here we are still playing ponderous, slow and predictable football. It changes from Wednesday or he doesn’t see Christmas and maybe we finally get a manager who plays without fear. The pragmatic approach has to stop, it’s the reason why we have 2 trophies in 5 years

31 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Would get Graham Potter in

Idk if we could afford him but Potter would be a brilliant appointment. Like Pep and Pochettino and Howe he's a manger that builds a "project", a strategy. For all Beale's soundbites I've seen nothing so far to suggest he can do the same.