Yfeko

ready1873

16 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

If Falkirk was still on here you’d have to imagine he would be calling for him to be made captain by now 

13 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The Bassey comparisons are really lazy 

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Overloaded without the necessary quality is the issue. Its a position that really should be about bringing in better than whats already there, not stop gaps and fillers.

Davies moving on will certainly help but regardless of that we've not strengthened arguably our weakest position last season. We've just added numbers.

And 1 did go out already, Helander, and he should have been / should be replaced by better than just Balogun who also replaces the injured King (who himself isn't at the level needed yet).

I'm keen for Davies to go if we get a good experienced established replacement in. Last thing we need is another project player like Panzo who wasn't even selected to start coventrys biggest games of the season 

6 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I've edited the post so even dumplings can get it 😁

I was wondering what you were on about as it seemed pretty straightforward 😂

Good to have two players coming through on this position. Only a friendly but he didn't look out of place. 

With a smaller squad size hopefully a few of these younger players will be around the first team more and get some game time.

Looks solid.  He's appears to have all the attributes.  Physically commanding and good technical ability.  An exciting prospect.

This is quite harsh, and I might be on my own here but, I thought he would have put a foot in to avoid the cross that leads to Newcastle's second.  He'll learn from it though.  Looking forward to seeing him more.

I wouldn't send him on loan, I'd be getting him into the 1st team when possible to gain experience maybe from the bench but deffo against some of the lesser teams, if he can be the next Bassey then don't hold him back, happens too often with young players who are good enough but age seems to see them get held back.

Young players go on loan to get valued game time and toughen up against senior pros. I don't see that with Yfeko. He is physically ready. He looks like a better prospect than King imo. I would keep him in the squad as 4th choice and who knows, he may end up forcing his way into the starting line-up like Bassey did.

1 hour ago, Ted E Bayer said:

Looks solid.  He's appears to have all the attributes.  Physically commanding and good technical ability.  An exciting prospect.

This is quite harsh, and I might be on my own here but, I thought he would have put a foot in to avoid the cross that leads to Newcastle's second.  He'll learn from it though.  Looking forward to seeing him more.

I fairness he was tracking Isak who is a very tricky player to deal with even for a seasoned pro. If he'd gone in for a nibble there's every chance he'd have conceded a penalty. 

3 hours ago, KBOO72 said:

I fairness he was tracking Isak who is a very tricky player to deal with even for a seasoned pro. If he'd gone in for a nibble there's every chance he'd have conceded a penalty. 

Too true mate or skinned alive. 👍🏼

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Glad folk aren't going overboard about this inexperienced kid who majority of us hadn't seen play other than part of 2 friendlies.  Bassey but 😁

I thought he looked very good and was thinking “who the he’ll is this guy, a trialist of something?”. He had a positive match the next one too.

However these are friendly matches so we can’t read anything in to them. Only competitive matches. The Matondo effect is trying in ore-season friendlies! (Ps I really do hope Matondo proves us all wrong but I doubt that will happen)

On 22/07/2023 at 22:41, .Williamson. said:

If Falkirk was still on here you’d have to imagine he would be calling for him to be made captain by now 

He had the pish ripped out him on FF the other day for this post :lol:

2A19A39D-C3B6-447C-B793-EEC7616872DC.thumb.jpeg.dfd687aa6256ea7cfa47549602458162.jpeg

“Virgins in there 40s with their wifes”

16 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

I thought he looked very good and was thinking “who the he’ll is this guy, a trialist of something?”. He had a positive match the next one too.

However these are friendly matches so we can’t read anything in to them. Only competitive matches. The Matondo effect is trying in ore-season friendlies! (Ps I really do hope Matondo proves us all wrong but I doubt that will happen)

His touch for what should have been a certain shot on target and a goal for the majority of decent players says it all for me.  Superb pass and that first touch leading to loss of possession is a measure of the boy, unfortunately.  Ball control should be bread and butter for professional footballer but it seems some get on with raw pace at times.

On 23/07/2023 at 14:47, .Williamson. said:

The Bassey comparisons are really lazy 

Yes completely different players Bassey was pure pace and power.

Yfeko a more cultured player at the back almost plays like a midfielder with a good range of passing, good player but its too early to tell on him yet.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

Yes completely different players Bassey was pure pace and power.

Yfeko a more cultured player at the back almost plays like a midfielder with a good range of passing, good player but its too early to tell on him yet.

Agreed.

Fair play if people have seen this boy play regularly. For me ive seen him play, what 60 mins or so in 2 pre season friendly matches. Was impressed but based on that dont feel capable of making a judgement.

Just now, Albertz85 said:

Agreed.

Fair play if people have seen this boy play regularly. For me ive seen him play, what 60 mins or so in 2 pre season friendly matches. Was impressed but based on that dont feel capable of making a judgement.

Yes, that's true I think what is wrong with us as supporters is we all want to see that youth players breaking through and making it at Rangers.

He's a good player has talent but behind a few very good players in his position. Good that he's showed Beale what he's got all the same.