Yfeko

ready1873

24 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’ve said this before - training is for getting players fit - games are for practicing what happens in training. 

Game time gets players sharp, there's a difference between fitness and sharpness. Only competitive games will get players sharp and ready for the season which is why a lot of the players are getting minutes. 

Obviously we hope the players are taking what we worked on into the games. The team that starts against Hoffenheim will no doubt be the team he starts against Kilmarnock and possibly the European qualifier. 

21 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

He should, of course he should. But do you think, seriously, you will see much of him this season? Young Rice is another, came on against Hamburg, great experience for him, great for his development but do you think for one minute he’s getting much game time with our choked midfield? 
pre- season is massive in terms of who and how we will play.  

Are you actually stating pre season including game time should only be for those the manager knows (at the start of pre season) will feature for the 1st team?

29 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

He should, of course he should. But do you think, seriously, you will see much of him this season? Young Rice is another, came on against Hamburg, great experience for him, great for his development but do you think for one minute he’s getting much game time with our choked midfield? 
pre- season is massive in terms of who and how we will play.  

Beale said after yesterday's game, he will trim the team down for Hoffenheim. No more squads of 20 or something similar to that wording.

On 24/07/2023 at 21:34, Smile said:

I think what is wrong with us as supporters is we all want to see that youth players breaking through and making it at Rangers.

Every fan of every club wants to see this happen.

The fact of the matter is this, boys like Lowry, Rice, King or Yfeko are never going to make it at Rangers until such times as the starting 11 can confidently kill teams off early and get the job done.

As a club that NEEDS to win every week we simply cannot bleed youth in when the majority of our games hang in the balance until the final whistle.

8 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Are you actually stating pre season including game time should only be for those the manager knows (at the start of pre season) will feature for the 1st team?

I’m saying it’s not for players that will hardly feature at all for the games coming in the next few weeks.  
Imo it should be about consolation of a strongest starting 11 allowing them to work out the system we are going to play and get used to each other. 
Do you think McLaughlin, Rice, Yfeko, Jack and perhaps Lundstram are in that category?

if not why play them? is all I’m saying.  It’s nice they can get a wee run about for 20mins but ultimately if they are not going to be used they are taking valuable game time (with Europe and the league right round the corner) away from stronger players in those positions.  
edit:

Butland is an example. Hasn’t played a full game in pre season and missed the last game. Do you think that is good? Knowing he’s clearly going to be first choice and has hardly played first team football recently?

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’m saying it’s not for players that will hardly feature at all for the games coming in the next few weeks.  
Imo it should be about consolation of a strongest starting 11 allowing them to work out the system we are going to play and get used to each other. 
Do you think McLaughlin, Rice, Yfeko, Jack and perhaps Lundstram are in that category?

if not why play them? is all I’m saying.  It’s nice they can get a wee run about for 20mins but ultimately if they are not going to be used they are taking valuable game time (with Europe and the league right round the corner) away from stronger players in those positions.  

Other than McLaughlin which players are they robbing of minutes? Jack and Lundstram will play plenty this season. Rice came on after 81 minutes, and Yfeko came on for a guy we are actively trying to sell.

There's nothing unusual about any of this. It's the same every season, for just about every club. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

edit:

Butland is an example. Hasn’t played a full game in pre season and missed the last game. Do you think that is good? Knowing he’s clearly going to be first choice and has hardly played first team football recently?

Fucking hell. Almost like having a squad isn't important in preseason.  What a wonderful way to gel a new squad with division from day one. Hope to fuck the favourites don't get injured, I mean imagine having to go to the non favourites and expect them to hit the ground running despite having had no minutes in pre season 🤔

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Fucking hell. Almost like having a squad isn't important in preseason.  What a wonderful way to gel a new squad with division from day one. Hope to fuck the favourites don't get injured, I mean imagine having to go to the non favourites and expect them to hit the ground running despite having had no minutes in pre season 🤔

Bailey Rice came on for 10 minutes 

that’s going to do him a world of good 😊 

obv not explaining myself.  I’ll try better next time 👍

19 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

So that 10 mins would have made a difference to the player he replaced? 🤣

28 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I agree. I imagine getting a run out for the first team at 16 will do him the world of good. 

4 hours ago, bluenose244 said:

Every fan of every club wants to see this happen.

The fact of the matter is this, boys like Lowry, Rice, King or Yfeko are never going to make it at Rangers until such times as the starting 11 can confidently kill teams off early and get the job done.

As a club that NEEDS to win every week we simply cannot bleed youth in when the majority of our games hang in the balance until the final whistle.

I do not see why not the standard of teams we play in the league they can be used some of the teams are no better than junior sides now.

Always cups as well.

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

I do not see why not the standard of teams we play in the league they can be used some of the teams are no better than junior sides now.

Always cups as well.

I agree, but I know the fall out that comes if we're 2-1 up toiling at 60 minutes and he throws Lowry and Rice on with 30 minutes to go and we proceed to drop points.

Those scenarios play out in manager's heads, hence why it would be far easier if we could get in the habit of doing the buisness early in the first half.

If they are good enough then they are old enough. An old adage but still true today. Yfeko has had a solid pre season and looks the part. He must remain in the 1st team squad. 

There will be games where he can come on for 20 mins or so and that will be his season. At the moment he is not ready to be a starter. That day will come though.

In an ideal world young players should get more minutes (last 20-30 say) as Rangers should have the game sewn up by then against most SPL opposition. Problem is for the last few years we get control of games but then we don’t always kill teams off completely. Sit on 2-0 leads say, and then take our feet off the gas so to speak and allow teams a wee window back into game. So bringing on youth becomes suddenly riskier than going with more experienced heads.

Also we have larger squads, so most again managers will go with experience from the bench rather than youth. And that’s before you take into account managers favourites too who tend to be a shoe in for most games. 

I think it’s very hard for a Rangers manager to get the balance right. I’d love to see Rangers teams batter SPL teams by 3 or 4 by half time or 60 mins and then bring on the Lowry’s, Bailey Rice’s, Devine etc. But still feel it’s more like Beale will bring in a Jack or Lundstrum(assuming they two aren’t first 11 picks going forward) to give them match practise for trickier games ahead.

46 minutes ago, bluenose244 said:

I agree, but I know the fall out that comes if we're 2-1 up toiling at 60 minutes and he throws Lowry and Rice on with 30 minutes to go and we proceed to drop points.

Those scenarios play out in manager's heads, hence why it would be far easier if we could get in the habit of doing the buisness early in the first half.

Yes, that true but with all the new players now there time will be limited  if we could get them good loans it would be preferable to no game time at all..

I just dont see some of them sticking around if that's the case. That football all the same.

2 hours ago, Fergie_6 said:

Mental, how some people don’t grasp, the point of Pre-Season.

To go into the season prepared and firing. Haven’t looked like it in a single game so far, so hopefully a good week at training.

Can’t hide behind the waffle once the competitive games start.