*****Official Kilmarnock vs Rangers thread*****

graeme_4

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He’ll always start with a defensive midfield in  bigger matches, Europe and even the Taigs on September 3rd, that is his MO.

In the bigger games, Cantwell will be fighting for a spot with Lammers.

I'm all for a DM, but Lundstram spent most of the game at centre back. He was further back than Goldson most of the 2nd half.

We need a DM that holds within the centre circle and controls the game, a younger Steven Davis if you will, not someone who is so deep they're basically a defender.

Just now, siamthedanger said:

A few may disagree but I’ve been thinking for a long time now we need a complete mentality change within the club which includes getting rid of Tav. 2 domestic trophies in his time being with us is absolute pish. 

It’s 4 btw 

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Hate to say it, but the scum take quick throws ins to good effect.

Annoys the fuck out of me, but that today (tav crossing the field to take a throw in) was taking the piss.

It's utterly ridiculous from our captain.

It slows the game to a crawl and gives the opposition plenty of time to get into position.

Just now, Somemightsay7 said:

I'm all for a DM, but Lundstram spent most of the game at centre back. He was further back than Goldson most of the 2nd half.

We need a DM that holds within the centre circle and controls the game, a younger Steven Davis if you will, not someone who is so deep they're basically a defender.

Ae have Raskin as that 6 who is a technical number 6.

There is absolutely no need for Jack or Lundstram in there in SPL games.

I’m now braced for midweek being the same tactics as we played against them at Ibrox.

Raskin, Jack, Lunstram with the 3 attackers ahead of them.

14 minutes ago, CR3 said:

What is the game plan. That is the question. 

It’s throw players on the pitch and wait for something to happen. Doesn’t need to be any reasoning behind the starting selection or subs because someone somewhere in the team could maybe do something at some point. If things don’t happen wheel our magnificent captain out after the game to tell us all they will learn from it. 

It’ll work eventually 

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’m now braced for midweek being the same tactics as we played against them at Ibrox.

Yeah - if it was me I would try and turn Raskin into a deep lying playmaker type. Basically a young Davis. Doesn't go much further than the halfway line and who's job is to pick passes forward and protect the back 4.

You then have Cifuentes who can be more forward thinking and then Cantwell as a 10.

I think Raskin has a lot of value in driving forward but our DM situation is such a mess that we don't have an option.

Where this falls down though is that we haven't signed any wide players, so we become incredibly narrow.

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Wait till the life is strangled out of Cifuentes as well. Even Raskin was doing the wee clipped ball to nobody from the edge of the box as we were chasing the game

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Wait till the life is strangled out of Cifuentes as well. Even Raskin was doing the wee clipped ball to nobody from the edge of the box as we were chasing the game

I’d bet a fair amount that our midfield during week in CL qualifiers and against Tarriers in first league game will be Raskin, Lundstram and Jack.