Roofe

6superbarry6

6 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Made of eggshell.  Can't rely on him at all.  He's been unfit for approx half of his time with us.    We won't get rid of him until end of his contract which I'm sure is next summer.

It's this summer thankfully. 

44 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Any idea what the latest issue is ? Never seen anything like this. 
Tries a shot then sprints up the tunnel ! 

Could see from the Govan front that as soon as he went up the tunnel he was livid that he'd broken down again. I said at the time, that 5-6 minute delay for Souttar's headknock might result in an injury on a cold night.

Gutted for the guy, time is obviously up for him here but he'll have wanted to kick on again after the highs of the last week. 

11 hours ago, SK Rfc said:

It’s all in his head. Think the managers comments tonight allude to that. Having to repeatedly ask someone that’s fit if they can start a game 

11 hours ago, rangersross said:

Didn’t another manager imply something similar? GVB maybe?

I said similar in the match thread last night, back when Andy Webster was injured long term and he tried to make comeback after comeback, he shat it each time feeling phantom pains and niggles, turned out to be either anxiety about playing for us or about injuring himself again but he went on to play plenty games after leaving us. It could all be psychological with Roofe too.

I still think that a fit Roofe is the best striker at the club by some distance. In fact only peak fitness/attitude Morelos would be better in the past decade. 

It sucks we've not had anything like the output we wanted from this talented player.

9 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I still think that a fit Roofe is the best striker at the club by some distance. In fact only peak fitness/attitude Morelos would be better in the past decade. 

It sucks we've not had anything like the output we wanted from this talented player.

Very similar to what was said of Helander.  

Must drive the manager nuts.  

1 hour ago, RockwellGers said:

Same. Very frustrating for us of course. Probably devastating for him. Really like the guy too

Prefer to try and look on all the positives aswell to be honest, thank you  Roofe  :thumbsup: 

Thanks for Betis especially, job done  thank you and everything you done for the famous 

11 minutes ago, Cooperson said:

Prefer to try and look on all the positives aswell to be honest, thank you  Roofe  :thumbsup: 

Thanks for Betis especially, job done  thank you and everything you done for the famous 

That goal more than covered his wages this season. I think it was massive for the mentality of the team as well.

Just now, Johnstone Burgh said:

Had a look at Helander’s stats this season, cunt has been playing 90 mins week in week out since he joined his new club :lol:

Mate it’s one of the most questionable & for me suspect things that’s went on re our squad for a while.  

4 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

That goal more than covered his wages this season. I think it was massive for the mentality of the team as well.

Certainly one way of looking at it.  OTOH, winning the league is much more lucrative and his wages could have been spent on a striker who might make more of a contribution