Roofe

6superbarry6

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Think we need to find a place for him in the squad for the PSV tie, Roofe comfortably buries both the Danilo and Dessers chances

He will never be fit to play those kind of minutes I doubt we will ever see him as anything other than a sub this season.  Best finisher at the club but never had the fitness/ consistency.

1 minute ago, Stunels said:

He will never be fit to play those kind of minutes I doubt we will ever see him as anything other than a sub this season.  Best finisher at the club but never had the fitness/ consistency.

Id take a chance on him tbh, I’d much rather Roofe coming off the bench when we are chasing a goal than anyone else in the squad. 

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

Id take a chance on him tbh, I’d much rather Roofe coming off the bench when we are chasing a goal than anyone else in the squad. 

Nah i want to see our younger strikers get chances and improve rather than an older injury prone player 

In hindsight.

Would he have the fitness to get into the areas to convert and let's not pretend he hasn't missed chances before either.

Playing someone who's had very few minutes in them in a game like that is a gamble. Roofe isn't the same player he was a few years back

10 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

I'd start him Saturday we are paying his wages and he is our best striker we may aswell try to gey him playing in the psv and scum games coming up even though we know he won't go till even Xmas uninjured. Hopefully by the time he does the new boys have settled in.

Start him on Saturday and he'll be out with an injury for PSV

39 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Isn’t even a player that I consider part of the squad. He’s played about 45 minutes of football in a year. 

But should instantly come in because he was scoring goals 2 years ago