Roofe

6superbarry6

7 hours ago, The Beast said:

I still think that a fit Roofe is the best striker at the club by some distance. In fact only peak fitness/attitude Morelos would be better in the past decade. 

It sucks we've not had anything like the output we wanted from this talented player.

Don't think many would disagree, but sadly a player has to be on the pitch to score goals

7 hours ago, The Beast said:

I still think that a fit Roofe is the best striker at the club by some distance. In fact only peak fitness/attitude Morelos would be better in the past decade. 

It sucks we've not had anything like the output we wanted from this talented player.

He’s not. He’s scored 25 goals since 2020. 

He’s really not the best striker at the club right now or indeed ever was. 

44 minutes ago, Southsider said:

Certainly one way of looking at it.  OTOH, winning the league is much more lucrative and his wages could have been spent on a striker who might make more of a contribution 

That was never an option though and the money generated from being in the Europa last 16 should be used to add to the squad.

Roofe is massively overrated by some on here, apart from his goal last week what has he done this year? Scored at Dingwall but I honestly can't remeber anything else. His best days are miles behind him.

We are nearly half way through the season and I'd honestly doubt we see him in a Rangers top again.

11 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

This get him to fuck patters a riot.

Mate he scored the winner for us going into the last 16 he deserves a bit more respect. He will be leaving at the end of the summer anyway or might even leave in January.

Feel for the guy man. Must be brutal knowing you are at a massive club, Last 16 of Europe and in a title race, Scottish Cup coming up also and you can't participate.

"Get him to fuck" is just a less polite version of we need to get rid of him. You may not like the language but the message is one hundred percent correct.

I hate this notion that WE owe him something because he scored a couple important goals. We paid him handsomely for doing that not to mention bonuses etc and medical costs. He has earned more money sitting on his arse than on the pitch at Rangers.

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

"Get him to fuck" is just a less polite version of we need to get rid of him. You may not like the language but the message is one hundred percent correct.

I hate this notion that WE owe him something because he scored a couple important goals. We paid him handsomely for doing that not to mention bonuses etc and medical costs. He has earned more money sitting on his arse than on the pitch at Rangers.

And that's why he will be leaving as he won't be getting another contract. He is better being offered a Mututal Termination in January or let go in the summer.

We don't owe Roofe anything of course we don't he scored important goals here and there, Like last Thursday night in Seville.

We all want him to go now but the way people are coming across is just uncalled for. He was clearly distraught the other night and God knows how he is feeling deep down with it all. Its best for all parties that Roofe leaves especially as we need fit players but I won't be wishing him to " get tae fuck ". 

I think that’s the end of him at us.

Really disappointed, as must he be. The high of getting the winner to get us in the last 16, winning the cup, and then fucked just from shooting.

Feel for the guy, but he’s been an expensive gamble. We simply can’t take chances with injury records like his going forward. 

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I think that’s the end of him at us.

Really disappointed, as must he be. The high of getting the winner to get us in the last 16, winning the cup, and then fucked just from shooting.

Feel for the guy, but he’s been an expensive gamble. We simply can’t take chances with injury records like his going forward. 

Your right. I can't remember the last time we signed a injury prone player and they worked out. 

1 minute ago, Finny said:

Was that not a heart issue. I mean someone who we know body's not up to it and continuely breaks down.

Fair enough, I know what you mean, I just meant that we only think it wasn't a risk because it worked out.  We have another player with a (unknown at the time) heart issue out of action.

10 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Roofe doesn’t want to be injured and his contract is ending anyway so don’t see the need for all the hate from our so called ‘loyal’ fan base.

Hell be back for Dublin and the SC after the league is won 👏👏

:lol: 

5 hours ago, BlueVanguard said:

This get him to fuck patters a riot.

Mate he scored the winner for us going into the last 16 he deserves a bit more respect. He will be leaving at the end of the summer anyway or might even leave in January.

Feel for the guy man. Must be brutal knowing you are at a massive club, Last 16 of Europe and in a title race, Scottish Cup coming up also and you can't participate.

Isn't that his job?