*****The Official Rangers vs scum Match Thread*****

Essandoh

2 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

Apart from Souttar it's pretty much the same backline who have continually failed us when it really matters. Time after time its the same mistakes from the same players. Defence was a priority this summer but we aren't any stronger in that area which is a shambles. 

I think centrally and left back we need a refresh. RB Tav is still contributing goals-wise, but is obviously part of the issue.

I'd love to see us go a little bit flatter at the back whether it's as a 3 or a back 4, and let the mkdfield and forwards do their job rather than our forward play be dictated to by the fullbacks. May also offer more protection centrally.

Just now, psb07158 said:

Butland

Tav          Goldson    Souttar      Davies

Jack        Lundstram

Cantwell     Lammers        Matondo

Roofe      

2 sitters against Celtic at home :megaanguish:

2 sitters against Celtic at home :megaanguish:

Not sure if you noticed mate but we've just been fucked 5-1 with numerous goals the fault of our defence

When we beat Rodgers in 2018 (his first defeat v us) we played McCrorie and Jack - they couldn't get a foothold in the game. His tactics now are the same as they were then.

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Not sure if you noticed mate but we've just been fucked 5-1 with numerous goals the fault of our defence

When we beat Rodgers in 2018 (his first defeat v us) we played McCrorie and Jack - they couldn't get a foothold in the game. His tactics now are the same as they were then.

This is Celtic we are playing, not PSV.

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Butland

Jack        Lundstram

Roofe      

Davies who shit the bed against celtic last year and has hardly played this year? No chance.

And both Jack & Lundstram at home? C'mon mate. 

Their team is there for the taking. They have no CHs and will probably play 2 or 3 new signings out of desperation. Attack them, not sit in is the right approach.

14 hours ago, CR3 said:

Team needing to gel, with how many new? wasn’t going to happen overnight tbh but Sunday comes quickly. That mob aren’t playing well so it needs to be all-in before the international break.

Between friendlies and I think that's ten competitive games now can you see any improvement, any system or any the new players that we paid money for looking like a good buy because I can't, I'm still watching games asking exactly what formation are we playing, the season so far has been a complete shambles.

This is Celtic we are playing, not PSV.

Correct, the team that has beat us 5 times out of the last 9 games v them, with 3 draws and us winning once.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Davies who shit the bed against celtic last year and has hardly played this year? No chance.

Their team is there for the taking. They have no CHs and will probably play 2 or 3 new signings out of desperation. Attack them, not sit in is the right approach.

I'm assuming Borna + Ridvan are both injured. Sterling looks absolutely miles off it, I don't think we have anyone else who can play there. 

This game will come down to who can dominate the ball in midfield, as it so often does. We'll get chances against them, but we have to be solid first and foremost.

13 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Butland

Jack        Lundstram

Roofe      

Davies left back? Did you mean Devine?

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Let's be real here. If Davies starts on Sunday he'll be 1 of 4 that have shat the bed against celtic, in Davies defence he's only done it once. 

1 minute ago, spanther22 said:

Davies left back? Did you mean Devine?

Absolutely not. 

Devine is mid-table SPFL jobber level. Davies has played LB before in his career.

10 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Correct, the team that has beat us 5 times out of the last 9 games v them, with 3 draws and us winning once.

I'm assuming Borna + Ridvan are both injured. Sterling looks absolutely miles off it, I don't think we have anyone else who can play there. 

This game will come down to who can dominate the ball in midfield, as it so often does. We'll get chances against them, but we have to be solid first and foremost.

Id be tempted to play that big lad who did okay in Pre Season.

He probably isnt the level we require for it, but neither is Davies and Sterling is a RB.

If we are going to play someone who isnt ideal, I would at least hope it is someone who could develop and is their natural position.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

He probably isnt the level we require for it, but neither is Davies and Sterling is a RB.

If we are going to play someone who isnt ideal, I would at least hope it is someone who could develop and is their natural position.

Yfeko may be a shout tbh if Borna isnt fit.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Yfeko? 

He hasn't been seen since Morton

29 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Butland

Jack        Lundstram

Roofe      

To be honest, that looks about as good as we could hope for, but it doesn't look great.

2 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Dowell and Matondo two definites for me.

Lots of doubt now about the midfield who went missing last night. 

Dowell's injured isn't he ? Beale said he had a knee issue on Tuesday in the PSV pre-match press conference

1 hour ago, BlueboyG said:

We were fuckin rank, if it wasnt for Butlin it could have been ten.

Yep we were rank and Butland was our best player totally agree but this is the timeline from BBC sport.

2-1 Tav score 63.48

3-1 De Jong scores 65.20

5 minutes later Butland makes a great save from Bakayoko

1 minute after that Lammers goes close from 20 yards.

2 minutes later Bakayoko goes close again.

3 minutes later Matondo hits the post.

4-1 next attack Veerman scores.

We were shite and deserved fuck all but the game went a bit mental after we scored and for a moment it could have been 3-2 rather than 4-1 with roughly 10 minutes to go.

10 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Someone made the point that 4 of PSVs 7 goals came from midfield runners not being tracked. The filth are quite good at having midfielders arrive late in the box. We will have to watch that.

Sportscene footage at the weekend 3 times O’Riley was in behind the main striker with a late run through the middle, would focus on Jack screening the CBs.