*****The Official Rangers vs scum Match Thread*****

Essandoh

Just now, BlueThunder said:

Have we seen anything from Danilo to suggest he could be a lone striker?

We've not seen much of him at all, part of the issue when paying £6m for him. I think he can and Matondo and Sima would be there to support him, just need to learn to cut back.

17 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Have we seen anything from Danilo to suggest he could be a lone striker?

It’s worrying that Dutch football journalists were surprised we went for both him and Dessers. Feijenoord signed Danilo to replace Dessers, as they’re very similar (poachers). 

I struggle to see how were going to fit both into a side, it’s like playing 2x Colaks but ones a bit more physical and the others a bit more mobile.

Neither have looked like they press that well, Dessers has some nice hold up play around the box and some good touches, but he’s not the big target man that I thought he’d be. 

56 minutes ago, Cooperson said:

I could be wrong, but I just thought at the time he shat it,  their winger was starting to get by him more and more

This is a classic Barisic move but on this occasion  didn’t feel like that’s what he was doing

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

What is their team likely to be? I think I've watched them for about 15 minutes against Aberdeen this season.

Hart, Johnson, Phillips, Lagerbielke, Taylor, McGregor, O'Reilly, Turnbull, Abada, Kyogo, Maeda. 

Probably the only 3 being up for debate would be Abada, Maeda and Turnbull. 

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

What is their team likely to be? I think I've watched them for about 15 minutes against Aberdeen this season.

Going by the tarriers on Open Goal it’ll be.

Hart, Johnstone, Lagersomething, Scales, Taylor, McGregor, Turnbull, O’Reilly, Maeda, Kyogo, Yang

2 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Hart, Johnson, Phillips, Lagerbielke, Taylor, McGregor, O'Reilly, Turnbull, Abada, Kyogo, Maeda. 

If we can't beat that team, we have more problems than I thought.

2 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

They said on Open Goal that Phillips is injured and won’t be available for Sunday.

7 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Never heard of Lagerbielke so don't know if he's any good, but I assume he's in because Carter Vickers and the Polish lad are injured. I think Kobayashi has looked rubbish whenever I've seen him so disappointed he won't be in. I've seen Phillips for Liverpool a couple of times and he looked tidy.

The guys they bought at the back end of the season like Oh and Iwata certainly didn't look as good as the ones that came in previously.

It's 50/50 on Sunday. None of them I've spoken to are confident at all, and I don't know anyone on our side who is confident either. Seems a lot of question marks on both sets of players and both managers.