*****The Official Rangers vs scum Match Thread*****

Essandoh

2 minutes ago, Iakona said:

If we play like we did last night celtic don’t need to worry about their injury stricken defence. We won’t get close enough to trouble them. 

We will definitely see a different approach to this game. We will go after them for the win. 

Just now, sausagetrunks said:

We will definitely see a different approach to this game. We will go after them for the win. 

We have to. There has to be a reaction after last nights game, and players need to show they are up for the fight playing here.

Beale needs to just go for it with the set up.

51 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

I watched sportscene last weekend and they could have been two up early on.  Anyone thinking this will be easy needs to think again.  Although I doubt after last night there is still anyone in that frame of mind.

Stirling would have been two up against that mob.

Hopefully Borna somehow is fit. Sterling looks a big downgrade.

I fancy us by a few tbh. Their defence is honking without CCV. Their attack is toothless without Hatate. Home advantage is massive.

PSV are a quality side. We weren’t great but we were in that tie for 3/4 of it before the wheels came off. Don’t want to read too much into it.

2 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

I fancy us by a few tbh. Their defence is honking without CCV. Their attack is toothless without Hatate. Home advantage is massive.

PSV are a quality side. We weren’t great but we were in that tie for 3/4 of it before the wheels came off. Don’t want to read too much into it.

They were good, but equally we fucking shat the bed with awful goals from set pieces, fullbacks and CBs sleeping, and a ridiculous OG.

Not sure they are that ‘quality’ that we should have been battered 7-3 over two legs. 

1 hour ago, Blueshoff said:

I watched sportscene last weekend and they could have been two up early on.  Anyone thinking this will be easy needs to think again.  Although I doubt after last night there is still anyone in that frame of mind.

This. 

Rodgers is an overrated, ladyboy loving weirdo, but he's proven himself in this fixture and they'll be licking their lips after watching that last night. 

Beale's proven nothing. 

4 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Biggest question games like last night throw up is that of mentality, and do we have a toughness?

We crumbled after their third goal went in, which indicates that there is still a fragility there, particularly defensively. 

I hope we go for it on Sunday, but i do worry if we concede first.

49 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Biggest question games like last night throw up is that of mentality, and do we have a toughness?

We crumbled after their third goal went in, which indicates that there is still a fragility there, particularly defensively. 

Tbh I think mistakes come from being under massive pressure. We couldn’t get near them and we simply couldn’t keep the ball. Chasing shadows the whole game brings physical and mental fatigue which causes the mistakes (switching off).

The second goal was wave after wave of attack. Every time our midfield got on the ball (Cifu particularly guilty) they didn’t have the skill/composure/ability to pass it between them.

It’s more a quality issue for me. Previous European games we had Kamara who was far better than the current lot when on the ball under pressure. We had Morelos to hold it up etc

1 hour ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Tbf we had just got ourselves back in the game so not surprised heads have gone down after conceding so soon after

Just now, TamCoopz said:

Tbf we had just got ourselves back in the game so not surprised heads have gone down after conceding so soon after

I don't think that should have been the case though. We appeared rattled after that. 

We should have regrouped, shut up shop for 5 minutes and gone again.

Decent question and don’t want to appear like a masturbating scarecrow with straw clutching but iirc we drag ourselves back in at 2-1 then concede the 3rd after 90 seconds, the game goes a bit end to end which Matondo rattles the post then about. 2 minutes later they score the 4th which was a pretty cheap goal to give away.

There was defining moments in the game that didn’t go our way in a game we didn’t deserve to progress, ultimately our best player was our keeper in a 5-1 defeat.

I hope he doesn’t overthink Sunday and goes for them but not convinced that’s what will happen.

6 minutes ago, ayro said:

Decent question and don’t want to appear like a masturbating scarecrow with straw clutching but iirc we drag ourselves back in at 2-1 then concede the 3rd after 90 seconds, the game goes a bit end to end which Matondo rattles the post then about. 2 minutes later they score the 4th which was a pretty cheap goal to give away.

There was defining moments in the game that didn’t go our way in a game we didn’t deserve to progress, ultimately our best player was our keeper in a 5-1 defeat.

I hope he doesn’t overthink Sunday and goes for them but not convinced that’s what will happen.

We were fuckin rank, if it wasnt for Butlin it could have been ten.

We crumbled after their third goal went in, which indicates that there is still a fragility there, particularly defensively

Apart from Souttar it's pretty much the same backline who have continually failed us when it really matters. Time after time its the same mistakes from the same players. Defence was a priority this summer but we aren't any stronger in that area which is a shambles. 

3 hours ago, ShanksRFC said:

Raskin and Cifuentes were rotten in the first leg and even worse last night. They're both a big worry for me.

The only players I would give pass marks to last night were Butland and Laundstrum, the rest fell into the rotten category.

You know how it works though, a win on Sunday and they’re all back in the good books until at least the next game.