*****The Official Rangers vs scum Match Thread*****

Essandoh

4 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Some on here won't get this but it's an absolute disaster we've probably lost Barisic for the weekend. Still confident of a win but that's a huge issue.

I’d usually say this is nonsense but this team is so bad that Barisic has been a key player. Sterling looked fucking horrendous when he came on against PSV as well 

Beal needs 3 points to save his job but if he gets them then they’ll definitely  throw even more money at new players 

21 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

We're good at home . We'll pump them but it's papering over the cracks . 

Beale needs help . Big eck in the backroom staff or dare I say it ally ... Gérard leaned on wattle loads . The manager looks lost 

I don't think Beale is the type to get help - evangelist type faith that he's the special one is his whole deal. 

Good "Dumbo's feather" kind of stuff when it works, but I imagine he can lose the dressing room badly if it falls apart.

I think we have a possession-o-rama to look forward to on Sunday, but hopefully we get the win and live to fight another day.

It would be a lot easier if he'd just learn from it all a bit faster.

52 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

We're good at home . We'll pump them but it's papering over the cracks . 

Beale needs help . Big eck in the backroom staff or dare I say it ally ... Gérard leaned on wattle loads . The manager looks lost 

Exsctly what we need :lol:

a guy who’s been bar a spell with Scotland out of club football for about a decade and a guy who lost to stirling Albion.

19 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Exsctly what we need :lol:

a guy who’s been bar a spell with Scotland out of club football for about a decade and a guy who lost to stirling Albion.

Talking about guidance in management ,cos beale has no fuckin idea .  don't take the piss 

Whoever loses will be in crisis mode that’s for sure. They’d be delighted with a draw away from home, it’s us that need the win more. 

We simply have to win and stand up and be counted. If we even think along the lines of sitting off them the fans will turn within minutes and rightly so. 

This has got to be the most important game against  them for a long long time.

They are not looking too hot at the moment and a win against them on Sunday could really plant a seed of doubt in their minds.

On the other hand it is pretty much the same situation for us. Losing this game is unthinkable we simply need to put a marker down here and now.

9 hours ago, CR3 said:

Team needing to gel, with how many new? wasn’t going to happen overnight tbh but Sunday comes quickly. That mob aren’t playing well so it needs to be all-in before the international break.

Between friendlies and I think that's ten competitive games now can you see any improvement, any system or any the new players that we paid money for looking like a good buy because I can't, I'm still watching games asking exactly what formation are we playing, the season so far has been a complete shambles.

In the home leg against PSV we demonstrated we’re a much better team than we were in last night’s humiliation. 

A win on Sunday will be the perfect medicine, top of the league and in a European tournament where we stand a chance of getting out of the group section.

14 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Between friendlies and I think that's ten competitive games now can you see any improvement, any system or any the new players that we paid money for looking like a good buy because I can't, I'm still watching games asking exactly what formation are we playing, the season so far has been a complete shambles.

Add to that only two new outfield players in the starting team last night, hardly a new team as beale claims.

9 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

In the home leg against PSV we demonstrated we’re a much better team than we were in last night’s humiliation. 

A win on Sunday will be the perfect medicine, top of the league and in a European tournament where we stand a chance of getting out of the group section.

Raskin and Cifuentes were rotten in the first leg and even worse last night. They're both a big worry for me.

Emotions still raw of course, however it is still difficult to be in any way confident for Sunday after that horror show last night. Of course we are at home and you would like to think that we cannot possibly be as bad again as we were last night, but the problem is we could be.

Safe to say, if another nightmare is delivered by the team on Sunday then MB will find his coat resting upon the shoogliest of shoogly pegs. I may be wrong but I do not think that the board will make the same mistake they did with Gio, letting the season go beyond salvation before acting. If we do not see a dramatic improvement very soon then we will see change IMHO.

Butland

Tav Goldson Balogun Sterling

Jack Lundstram Raskin

Cantwell Roofe Matondo

Dropped Souttar, because whilst he has been ok, he continues to consistently make errors that directly lead to us conceding goals. I also think Balogun is a better defender from set pieces - which clearly, we're also all over the place with.

The midfield is a huge concern, it's erratic as fuck. I've said to a few on here that we can win the ball back just as quickly as we can give it away. We really don't have anyone who can hold onto the ball and calm the team down. Just puts us under pressure going from transition to transition.

Up front *sigh*. It's absolutely grim that the best option/s involve zero of the new players that we have spent the guts of our budget on.