The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

8 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

And who is coming in to do that?

At this point of the season.

People (and I understand it) just want change without thinking it through.

If a new manager can’t get this lot to win the LC without having to beat the fenians should be go at that point too?

There has been a huge turnover of players, there needs to be a bit more time to see if things change. An opportunity to see if he can win the LC and compete in the Europa whilst at least keeping pace in the league. Fail on any of those three, certainly the domestic ones anyway, and then at that point pull the plug.

Just don't see the point on playing wait and see when we've all seen enough already.

26 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I think this season is fucked if we replace him now.

Just think it’s incredibly unlikely a manager comes in at this point with someone else’s players and wins the league.

It may well be fucked either way, but the sensible thing to do is to see how he gets on for a month or two and re-evaluate.

Unless we can line up someone like Potter (don't laugh, I don't think its impossible ),I think he will get a couple of months to try and sort it out .A poor start to The europa or dropping points in the league , will probably see him gone sooner.

50 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

So if Beale goes what’s the minimum expectations for the new manager?

Treble or just a League Cup and League win? European football post Christmas too?

Or rest of the season with no expectations on trophies and allowed next summer to rebuild?

Savco have handed us our 28LC on a silver platter that should be a gimme even given this collection of motley dross Beales assembled. If Beale hangs on and loses the LC all hell will break loose. 

10 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Just don't see the point on playing wait and see when we've all seen enough already.

Not really though have we - we’re a handful of games in to a season with a big chunk of new signings.

None of which bar Butland are playing well but I think it’s not that unlikely that a few will start to.

Lawrence in a couple of weeks if things go well may be able to start to contribute too.

Tactics contribute in a big way of course but ultimately you live as a manager on how well your players are playing.

I can’t imagine that so many of them will continue to be so poor - I’d give it a few weeks and see.

There have been some excellent bits of play at times, between Cantwell, Dessers and Matondo for his PSV goal as one example. Raskin was also excellent in the second half against Servette. It’s just not been consistent enough but it’s not like we are being tanked in games we shouldn’t be. 

We have gotten to this stage now and I remember it well when Gio was at the same stage. Gio was a Rangers man loved the club but in the end deep down he knew he had to reach an agreement and do what is best .

Over to you Mick you know your not a Rangers man but deep down you also know there is no way back on the road you travel. Do the right thing for the millions of fans that love this beautiful club.

No chance of getting through that iceberg

5 minutes ago, mick1271 said:

Unless we can line up someone like Potter (don't laugh, I don't think its impossible ),I think he will get a couple of months to try and sort it out .A poor start to The europa or dropping points in the league , will probably see him gone sooner.

If that happens and there is genuinely no sign of improvement then by all means let’s get rid.

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Not really though have we - we’re a handful of games in to a season with a big chunk of new signings.

None of which bar Butland are playing well but I think it’s not that unlikely that a few will start to.

Lawrence in a couple of weeks if things go well may be able to start to contribute too.

Tactics contribute in a big way of course but ultimately you live as a manager on how well your players are playing.

I can’t imagine that so many of them will continue to be so poor - I’d give it a few weeks and see.

There have been some excellent bits of play at times, between Cantwell, Dessers and Matondo for his PSV goal as one example. Raskin was also excellent in the second half against Servette. It’s just not been consistent enough but it’s not like we are being tanked in games we shouldn’t be. 

We have. There's been precious little sign of any difference between this season and last, if anything we look worse. 

Lawrence has been out for almost as long as Hagi, so I won't be holding my breath that he'll make some major difference.

Relying on individual moments like that PSV goal is not a reliable method for winning this league. Raskin was good against Servette second half but it means very little when he's been dogshit for the majority of every other 90minutes this season.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

If that happens and there is genuinely no sign of improvement then by all means let’s get rid.

We can't get shot of him,then start a search for a replacement .That would definitely end our league campaign . 

Not been impressed with the signings at all- the profile, money spent and positions.

Think he’s been outdone tactically on a few occasions.

But only 4 games into the league I think our best shot is sticking with him.

He’s spent a lot of time and money picking players to fit into a system. Not confident he will turn it around but think it’s a better bet to stick and look for signs we gradually improve than getting somebody completely new in and forcing this squad on him.

2 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Not been impressed with the signings at all- the profile, money spent and positions.

He’s spent a lot of time and money picking players to fit into a system. Not confident he will turn it around but think it’s a better bet to stick and look for signs we gradually improve than getting somebody completely new in and forcing this squad on him.

utter drivel. What system is that? we dont play to a system 

2 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

What is the system because I haven't got a clue.

Is there any suggestion that anyone on the board has the slightest inkling that Beale has to go?

All very well the Rangers support discussing replacements but if the people in power are in full Comical Ali “nothing to see here” mode, we’re all just wasting our time.

So what makes us think there’s a hope of him going?

19 minutes ago, mick1271 said:

Potter is a fucking wet wipe like beale 

Just now, Colin Traive said:

Is there any suggestion that anyone on the board has the slightest inkling that Beale has to go?

All very well the Rangers support discussing replacements but if the people in power are in full Comical Ali “nothing to see here” mode, we’re all just wasting our time.

I think fan media turning on him is the start. I don't think it'll be any time soon though.

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

I’m definitely not naive to think that someone at boardroom level scours Rangers fan sites such as this one but surely to fuck there must be some employee of the club tasked with at least skimming through them just to gauge the mood in the room at times like this, Or am I just being naively hopeful 😂

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

utter drivel. What system is that? we dont play to a system 

Well it’s not been a good system.. and he’s chopped and changed it a few times..

I just think our best bet is to stick with him for now than getting a new manager in at this time. 

If he’d lost the dressing room then it’s a different story. But 4 league games isn’t a big enough sample set to be throwing the towel in yet.

celtic drew and lost to Mitjyland. Lost to Hearts, us and Livi and drew with Utd in the first 7 games of the league.

Only make the comparison to show that with a lot of new signings there is some chance that we do get better and it’s players getting up to speed.