*****The Official Rangers v Real Betis Match Thread*****

Jelavic18

37 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Thatā€™s absolute nonsense mateĀ 

for all the Psv end result we still created a number of chances and didnā€™t struggle to get out our own half v themĀ 

I meanā€¦ in the home leg we had 30% possession and managed a total of 164 successful passes over 90 minutes. The pressure maps show we spent most of the game playing with and without the ball in our own half. We did not handle their aggressive press or tempo.

When the ball left our half it was typically because we either went route 1 on the counter or we were getting rid of a hot potato before they pressed usā€¦ hoping Dessers would draw a foul.Ā 

Matondo played 23 minutes and had almost half our chancesā€¦Ā Our only really period of extended pressure in their half came when they didnā€™t have a single CB on the pitch.

1 minute ago, Iakona said:

I meanā€¦ in the home leg we had 30% possession and managed a total of 164 successful passes over 90 minutes. The pressure maps show we spent most of the game playing with and without the ball in our own half.Ā 

When the ball left our half it was because we either went route 1 on the counter or we were getting rid of a hot potato before they pressed us.Ā 

Matondo played 23 minutes and had almost half our chancesā€¦Ā Our only really period of extended pressure in their half came when they didnā€™t have a single CB on the pitch.

You said we wonā€™t get out our half. Itā€™s absolute fucking nonsense to suggest that:

I was at the game at home and watched the away leg, we created chances and scored goals, my eyes tell me that.

the score line in both games and the fact we scored showed we got out our half.

Ā 

it was a stupid post to make and I donā€™t know what point youā€™re trying to make with it.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

11 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

You said we wonā€™t get out our half. Itā€™s absolute fucking nonsense to suggest that:

I was at the game at home and watched the away leg, we created chances and scored goals, my eyes tell me that.

the score line in both games and the fact we scored showed we got out our half.

Ā 

it was a stupid post to make and I donā€™t know what point youā€™re trying to make with it.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Okay let me simplify it for you then ā€œif they turn up, and our midfield donā€™t raise their recent performance levels. - we will very likely struggle to get the ball out of our halfā€ because thatā€™s thatā€™s what I was implying.. Iā€™m not saying we wonā€™t be able to counter them. if you canā€™t read between the lines then my apologies.

Ultimately I donā€™t care what your eyes tell you. People quite often claim to see shit with their eyes that didnā€™t actually happen. The stats show we spent most of the game under pressure in our own half. As I said in my original post there will be opportunities to get in behindā€¦ but we need to be far more clinical.

1 minute ago, Iakona said:

Okay let me simplify it for you then ā€œif they turn up, and our midfield donā€™t raise their recent performance levels. - we will very likely struggle to get the ball out of our halfā€ because thatā€™s thatā€™s what I was implying.. if you canā€™t read between the lines then my apologies.

Ultimately I donā€™t care what your eyes tell you. People quite often claim to see shit with their eyes that didnā€™t actually happen. The stats show we spent mort of the game in our own half.

We had iirc 14 shots over there. Unless we were shooting from our own half then we defo got out our halfĀ 

you claimed we wonā€™t get out our half

you made a cunt of it just accept itĀ 

26 minutes ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

Not hopeful of a win, but if they turn us over badly then feel Beale will be gone.

I think that's the thing. A big defeat in the same vein as the PSV game would see the end of him, especially at home.Ā 

A draw or narrow defeat would be ok in terms of his survival. Obviously want the win.

I watched the whole of their game against Barcelona and I think they will come to Ibrox for the win. We need to have our tactics spot on and perform the whole 90 minutes, if we don't have that then they will hurt us. I don't have much confidence about our tactical prowess or our ability to maintain a high level of performance over 90 minutes. The outcome of the game comes down to Rangers turning up as I think Betis will, and we need to be ready for that.

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

We had iirc 14 shots over there. Unless we were shooting from our own half then we defo got out our halfĀ 

you claimed we wonā€™t get out our half

you made a cunt of it just accept itĀ 

It was hyperbole. I didnā€™t think anyone would take it literally to the point where they believe Iā€™m claiming we would spend 100% of the game in our own halfā€¦. Just most of it. My original post was also quite clear that there will be opportunities to get at their defence and cause them problems just like PSV. If we need to be far more clinical with our use of the ball, let alone finishing.

if our midfield doesnā€™t turn up again.. we will possibly have repeat of PSV. Hopefully all this is for nothing and we scud them. Then after the game Iā€™d happily tell you I was wrong and buy you a pint to celebrate.Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I think that's the thing. A big defeat in the same vein as the PSV game would see the end of him, especially at home.Ā 

A draw or narrow defeat would be ok in terms of his survival. Obviously want the win.

No it wouldnt.