*****The Official Rangers v Real Betis Match Thread*****

Jelavic18

38 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Yeah, I think the majority of Ibrox is itching to give Beale dogs abuse. 

If we lose 5 goals again he will deserve all the abuse. Don’t think anybody Is itching for it tbh think every single one of us would rather get the 3 points or at worse a draw than get shagged rotten again just so they can abuse Beale 

47 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

If we lose 5 goals again he will deserve all the abuse. Don’t think anybody Is itching for it tbh think every single one of us would rather get the 3 points or at worse a draw than get shagged rotten again just so they can abuse Beale 

Yeah, I mean if we don’t get a result.

Of course we’d rather win, just mean the finger is already on the trigger with him. 

Cannot see Beale going with a high press and all out attack from the start which in my opinion is what is required on Thursday. He is far too cautious. He would rather invite teams to have a go at us and then hit them on the break when the chance allows. Recipe for disaster against a half decent team.

Right now I would bite your hand off for a draw.

40 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Cannot see Beale going with a high press and all out attack from the start which in my opinion is what is required on Thursday. He is far too cautious. He would rather invite teams to have a go at us and then hit them on the break when the chance allows. Recipe for disaster against a half decent team.

Right now I would bite your hand off for a draw.

What team selection would you hope he picks to best achieve this tactic?

Rangers try to play the same way as every successful team in the world does. Barisic is NOT the only full-back that plays balls backward. Walker does, TAA does, I could go on... The name of the game these days is possession. 

The problem I have is we are trying too many long balls. Under Gerrard, we did not do that.

To me, that's where the problem lies. There is a disconnect between the defence and midfield to the point that Lundstram comes so deep, he takes the ball from a center half. For me, it's negative football. We are better, or at least should be better than that.

Release the handbrake on Thursday at home. They are there for the taking based on current results.

Instead, I fear we will respect and take a cautious approach. It's wrong. Attack, we are at home!!!

7 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Might be playing Betis at the right time.

Hmmm. A better time perhaps, but I don’t think there is a right time at the moment, especially given the fans feelings on the manager and us lacking Cantwell and Danilo.

I think we’ll probably get beat (not entirely unexpectedly) and some fans will use it as another platform to demand the sacking of Beale. If we happen to win on the other hand there won’t be a long queue of people willing to give him more time.

9 hours ago, aird said:

Betis having a goalkeeper crisis. First choice keeper likely out injured and second choice just back training from an injury. 

3rd choice keeper is the Betis B keeper, who plays in the 4th tier of Spanish football. 

Have we ever won a match against a team with a goalkeeping crisis? The stand-in keeper always seems to play a bloody blinder! 😂

9 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Butland

Tav Goldson Davies Yilmaz

Lundstram Raskin

Roofe lawrence sima

Lammers 

Can't believe I'm opting to play Sima but hoping we play an aggressive press and these players would be best for it imo 

Yilmaz isn’t in the euro squad.

Not sure about Roofe out there either. For me if he’s not playing in the box he shouldn’t be playing. 

Lammers upfront would be like that time we played Aribo up top. But I’m not sure he’s capable of the big moments like Aribo was - interesting choice though. 

9 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Rangers try to play the same way as every successful team in the world does. Barisic is NOT the only full-back that plays balls backward. Walker does, TAA does, I could go on... The name of the game these days is possession. 

The problem I have is we are trying too many long balls. Under Gerrard, we did not do that.

To me, that's where the problem lies. There is a disconnect between the defence and midfield to the point that Lundstram comes so deep, he takes the ball from a center half. For me, it's negative football. We are better, or at least should be better than that.

Release the handbrake on Thursday at home. They are there for the taking based on current results.

Instead, I fear we will respect and take a cautious approach. It's wrong. Attack, we are at home!!!

This is it, Lundstram comes far too deep, only giving us 2 options in the midfield when the opposition have at least 3 in there. 

So we can pass the ball about in the back 3 all day, but the minute we look for a forward pass we end up having to go long  most of the time

44 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Butland

Tav Goldson Davies Yilmaz

Lundstram Raskin

Roofe lawrence sima

Lammers 

Can't believe I'm opting to play Sima but hoping we play an aggressive press and these players would be best for it imo 

Sima was shite to begin with, but actually think he's looked better the more minutes he's had. 

37 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Yilmaz isn’t in the euro squad.

Not sure about Roofe out there either. For me if he’s not playing in the box he shouldn’t be playing. 

Lammers upfront would be like that time we played Aribo up top. But I’m not sure he’s capable of the big moments like Aribo was - interesting choice though. 

Ffs where have I been, didn't know this. 

Lammers is good at pressing plus he would drop deep and allow Roofe and Sima in behind. The 3 I went with up top are most likely to be our best players for pressing, Dessers is a headless chicken at times and slow as fuck. 

When the game dies down guys like matondo in the 2nd half could make an impact. 

6 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Sima was shite to begin with, but actually think he's looked better the more minutes he's had. 

I thought he was pretty poor when he came on against St Johnstone. His main attributes is his athleticism and running power but his ball control is horrific. 

Can’t start both Matondo and Sima, you need one of them as an option off the bench and neither offer much in possession. 

Id pack the midfield, make it a tough first half then bring on pace when it opens up. They’re not a great side and likely playing their 3rd choice keeper, so we need to take shots when we can and be clinical. 

Butland 

Tav Goldson Davies Borna

Lundstram Raskin

Lawrence   
Lammers                  Sima

Dessers

25 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Can’t start both Matondo and Sima, you need one of them as an option off the bench and neither offer much in possession. 

Id pack the midfield, make it a tough first half then bring on pace when it opens up. They’re not a great side and likely playing their 3rd choice keeper, so we need to take shots when we can and be clinical. 

Butland 

Tav Goldson Davies Borna

Lundstram Raskin

Lawrence   
Lammers                  Sima

Dessers

Roofe for Dessers and I’d go for that

41 minutes ago, KyleBJK said:

Be interesting to see what to attendance will be. Still thousands of the packages left on the website. 

Shouldn’t be far off a sell out surely but it’s telling the fact that the club are struggling to sell these. 
Lot of cash to watch the dross Beale is serving up. Thursday will set the tone and it’s highly likely to be another struggle - a loss and the appetite goes right out of the Europa for fans - can’t reallly blame anyone not wanting to fork out.

This is Beales doing - we really are shite to watch