*****The Official Rangers v Real Betis Match Thread*****

Jelavic18

36 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Mate c'mon tae fuck. I see this has a few likes already from the usual posters but they're far from shite.

Instead of some negativity in down-playing the opposition how about some positivity in our own play? In terms of chances and twice hitting the woodwork we could have scored 4 or 5 tonight.

They're nowhere near as shite, but also nowhere near the level some were making out pre-game.

15 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

You want sign language? Braille? Think it's pretty easy to comprehend for anyone with a reading ability above that of a primary 2 child.

:lol:

I've stuck up for you on here in the past mate.

In hindsight I called you a crackpot so apologies for that and understand your cheeky bastard reply.

With a clean slate from both of us can you address the points I highlighted and explain further?

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

They're nowhere near as shite, but also nowhere near the level some were making out pre-game.

They ain't peak Barca but they are top seeds in our group so deserve more respect than some were giving them in the first half when we weren't in front.

20 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I thought Borna put in some shift tonight.

Defensively he looked a lot more assured and patient against some very talented, silky players.

He didn't sling in his usual pinpoint crosses . Obviously instructed to defend.

Clean sheet loyal!

Btw it is immature when some not too clever posters say he is pretending to be injured. 

Shocking, cowardly thing to say  .

8 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He didn't sling in his usual pinpoint crosses . Obviously instructed to defend.

Clean sheet loyal!

Btw it is immature when some not too clever posters say he is pretending to be injured. 

Shocking, cowardly thing to say  .

thank fuck 

my one criticism of borna is he runs up and crosses without looking up giving the ball to them and they attack and in turn that exposes a whole part of the pitch for the opposition to run onto

he can defend after all thats his job for his national team

So many strange moments in that match. We're playing a LaLiga team and for a bit in the 2nd half we were so camped up front, Butland was doing warm ups.

In the first half it felt like the tactics were from an early 90s rugby match.

So many howling passes....

Bit whatever works, that's a result.

7 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

thank fuck 

my one criticism of borna is he runs up and crosses without looking up giving the ball to them and they attack and in turn that exposes a whole part of the pitch for the opposition to run onto

he can defend after all thats his job for his national team

He is our best crosser. Agree or disagree?

He was obviously told to defend against Betis. Clean sheet. Objective compete.

Reminded me a bit of the Porto victory a few seasons back at Ibrox 

Wasn’t too hopeful going into tonight but Rangers have proved me wrong and long may it continue 

A run of home games now which provides us a great opportunity see build some consistency in the league , secure a league cup semi final place and we can then head to Cyprus confident of doing the job and putting us in a great position in the group 

The Betis taigs are a strange delusional bunch. Crying about how we're a la liga 2 relegation battling team at best. A small club coupled with money league coin must heighten the delusion. Carried our domestic league year on year, a rat bastard Ramsay away from winning this competition a couple years ago, bigger teams have fallen especially at Ibrox and yet some of these little teams still give no respect. Hope it continues, always enjoy their crying comments.